Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9848 9849 [9850] 9851 9852 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13006000 times)

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #147735 on: October 07, 2019, 11:50:03 am »

They probably have put money in the right pockets. Thats generally why some folks get away with crimes even when there is no question of them being guilty.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #147736 on: October 07, 2019, 11:51:01 am »

Okay, well, I looked at the Wikipedia page for the event(s) and the main examples of mistreatment I can see are female wrestlers and male wrestlers with religious-themed tattoos being excluded. Sure, that stinks, but it's Saudi Arabia, what would you expect?
I assume WWE are making big bucks from being over there, otherwise why tf would they be? And who knows, maybe as it continues they will actually help Saudi culture become a li'l less shit. Apparently they had a female commentator at this year's installment, and as of 2017 women are at least allowed to come to the events, albeit with a "male guardian".   
Fighters are not employees, but contractors. Except they are also exclusive. Which is illegal amongst the amazingly few labour laws in the US. Also they have to fight even while injured and don't get leave. Or medical treatment. Or really any sort of support.

It's why you don't see a lot of old wrestlers and the ones who you do see are fucked up beyond measure.
Why isn’t WWE being punished for breaking the law?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147737 on: October 07, 2019, 11:57:37 am »

So our government is ruled by the rich, aka a plutocracy. A plutocracy that disguises itself as a republic

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147738 on: October 07, 2019, 12:04:33 pm »

So our government is ruled by the rich, aka a plutocracy. A plutocracy that disguises itself as a republic
Ah, just like in the... Oh wait.

Fuck.

It's always been this way, hasn't it.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147739 on: October 07, 2019, 12:07:28 pm »

Unfortunatly, yes

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #147740 on: October 07, 2019, 12:31:09 pm »

Ah, just like in the... Oh wait.

Fuck.

It's always been this way, hasn't it.

Just like in the what?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147741 on: October 07, 2019, 12:36:14 pm »

yes?

i mean what part of the expensive campaign process, media controlled coverage, dynastic competition, and blatant black and white 'pick from two parties but neither is actually different in the long run' is surprising?

all barriers to entry.  And, as technology improves disparity will not match pace, sooooo.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147742 on: October 07, 2019, 12:47:32 pm »

I think the only way to fix this is for EVERYONE to vote for one of the numerous third parties, however, with most not knowing the similarities of the 2 main parties, voting third party will split votes. The only way for third parties to get a foothold is if most vote for a third party

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147743 on: October 07, 2019, 01:02:31 pm »

A practical measure is to push for the Alternative Vote, aka Ranked Choice, aka Instant-Runoff voting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranked-choice_voting_in_the_United_States

However, be wary of letting politicians "implement" this for you. Voters pushed through Ranked Choice voting in Maine as a citizen's initiative, then the state designed these fucking Kafka-esque ballots around it, just shrugged and said that's how Ranked Choice works. It was clearly designed as a "fuck you" to the voters who pushed through Ranked Choice.

For a point of reference - Australia uses ranked choice, and if you have for example 6 candidates, you have 6 names and a box next to each name, and you put numbers in the boxes from 1-6. 6 people, 6 boxes, fill all boxes. Simple and straight forward.

However, the Maine ranked choice ballots work like something halfway between those logic puzzle books and a sudoku.

EDIT here's a real example:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note that if there are 15 candidates, the ballot contains 15^2 boxes = 225 boxes, and you have to mark no more than one box per row and one box per column, or your vote is invalidated. Hence my comparison of this scheme to a sudoku. Whereas where I live, you just get 15 names and 15 boxes and you write a number in each box in the order you want.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 01:10:01 pm by Reelya »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #147744 on: October 07, 2019, 01:11:37 pm »

Looks like that's optimised for mechanical reading. Doesn't make it any more comprehensible, but it does explain why it looks like that.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147745 on: October 07, 2019, 01:36:55 pm »

Ranked Choice Voting sounds good, though I doubt Congress would allow it because "Electoral College"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #147746 on: October 07, 2019, 01:53:27 pm »

However, be wary of letting politicians "implement" this for you. Voters pushed through Ranked Choice voting in Maine as a citizen's initiative, then the state designed these fucking Kafka-esque ballots around it, just shrugged and said that's how Ranked Choice works. It was clearly designed as a "fuck you" to the voters who pushed through Ranked Choice.

Ain't that the way of it, brother?

The politicians' undermining of Brexit is utterly dissimilar to that in every way, shape and form.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #147747 on: October 07, 2019, 02:06:55 pm »

Ranked Choice Voting sounds good, though I doubt Congress would allow it because "Electoral College"

Absent Constitutional Amendment, Congress has no power whatsoever over voting methods. The only voting-related area where Congress does have power is enforcement of the 14th and 19th Amendments. Anything beyond that is exclusively set at the state level.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147748 on: October 07, 2019, 02:08:40 pm »

Ah, so  it would be possible for states to implement Ranked Choice Voting?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #147749 on: October 07, 2019, 02:10:06 pm »

*Nevermind, should have read more of the thread.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 9848 9849 [9850] 9851 9852 ... 10974