Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9730 9731 [9732]

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 5705398 times)

Naxza

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanderer of Broken Worlds
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145965 on: Today at 09:54:01 am »

*doesn't use YouTube or Twitch, plays only single player offline games by himself and also spends significant amounts of time  outside *

... is being not a nerd the new being a nerd?
You play Dwarf Fortress... How can you claim not to be a nerd?

Does he, though? There's a lot of people here just for lower boards and Forum Games/Roleplaying. S'like saying the janitor at a fitness center is just another swolemate.

In other news, my digestion is ANGERY and my effluence is like wet newspaper. Beginning to think it's the honey oat bunch cereal, if not the soybeans from three days ago. Or black beans? Please don't be black beans.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I say?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145966 on: Today at 12:20:47 pm »

I play adventure mode only and usually use it as a virtual punching bag for my anger issues. Does that count?
Blatant and proud furry. Also Russian.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
« Reply #145967 on: Today at 12:31:41 pm »

I'm with Eric, y'all Neopilled AF; I can see it clearly trough the letters that constitute your appearance.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145968 on: Today at 01:02:29 pm »

But is it a good idea?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
« Reply #145969 on: Today at 01:25:50 pm »

Broadly speaking:

Broadcasting turns is a good idea IMHO, but I guess it won't be easy get the players and timetables straightened up. And I could imagine some people not being too fond of doxxing their voice and accent  ;D. But it's more engaging and that can be a very good thing.

Personally I think that succession worlds are the natural evolution, as our means to interract with the outter world will only increase... And one could easily dedicate single fortresses to more traditional formats. And players or coalitions of players could have dedicated factions.

Concretly:

I got a pretty special world I poured hundreds of hours into, the project has been ground to a halt at 89% of chapter 2 (I'm too lazy to clean up items so the fort runs more smoothly in adventure, also some minor annoying details I haven't accomplished yet), chapter 3 should be fairly short. After that I'd be delighted to use the map for community games (I got a set of rules in mind, but as I grazed above, one could easily subsume a bunch of turns into a more specific theme/ set of rules) and if somebody streamed their turn I'd probably have that running on my second screen while I play something else.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #145970 on: Today at 01:34:01 pm »

NEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRDSSSSSSSSSSSSS

*ahem*

That is all, good day.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #145971 on: Today at 02:57:06 pm »

*doesn't use YouTube or Twitch, plays only single player offline games by himself and also spends significant amounts of time  outside *

... is being not a nerd the new being a nerd?
You play Dwarf Fortress... How can you claim not to be a nerd?

Does he, though? There's a lot of people here just for lower boards and Forum Games/Roleplaying. S'like saying the janitor at a fitness center is just another swolemate.

I haven't in... Several months. And usually it's just Arena or Adventure mode. I've started a couple forts but can't get into them because I don't minecarts or new stuff well.

Same with Urist McStation. Too much new stuff.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 9730 9731 [9732]