Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9890 9891 [9892] 9893 9894 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999253 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #148365 on: November 01, 2019, 09:16:09 am »

It's 7AM. Suddenly somebody is screaming bloody murder outside, to the point where it's loud as fuck through a closed window and closed door on the other side of the apartment. First it sounds like some kid fucking around because I hear laughing after each scream, then suddenly the screaming gets a lot more frequent and decreases in volume until it stops altogether. TF did I just hear
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #148366 on: November 01, 2019, 09:37:14 am »

Someone was devoured alive by a revenant.

You'll be next
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #148367 on: November 01, 2019, 09:41:14 am »

thank you God
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148368 on: November 01, 2019, 09:41:44 am »

It's 7AM. Suddenly somebody is screaming bloody murder outside, to the point where it's loud as fuck through a closed window and closed door on the other side of the apartment. First it sounds like some kid fucking around because I hear laughing after each scream, then suddenly the screaming gets a lot more frequent and decreases in volume until it stops altogether. TF did I just hear
Either someone got scared real good or some bad shit went down. Maybe keep an eye on the missing persons reports the next few days?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148369 on: November 04, 2019, 01:42:20 pm »

Old and busted: Gamer girl bath water.
The new hotness: Fried chicken that has the odor, taste, and stickiness of a girl's foot.
The next frontier: Just sacrificing a nubile young lady and deep-frying her?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #148370 on: November 04, 2019, 01:43:48 pm »

The new hotness: Fried chicken that has the odor, taste, and stickiness of a girl's foot.
...WTF?!
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148371 on: November 04, 2019, 02:00:33 pm »

...WTF?!
I like how the "This One Weird Trick" ad at the bottom of the page was a woman rubbing half an onion on her foot.

Seasoning is important.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #148372 on: November 04, 2019, 02:21:39 pm »

If your feet reek of onions, they won't notice the foot odor
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148373 on: November 04, 2019, 02:29:49 pm »

Foot odor is a selling point, though. As we all know, girls' feet (specifically girls, adding an additional layer of ick) smell, taste, and feel like natto.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148374 on: November 04, 2019, 08:33:37 pm »

I still want one of these.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148375 on: November 04, 2019, 08:37:09 pm »

Reminds me that I didn't post this already:  Midnight Saturday night, wife and I woken out of bed by loud car engine noise, screeching, the unmistakable thud of a car crash, then a horn honking.

There was a car on its side on the main road to which my property backs.  Two other cars maneuvered themselves to kind of block traffic.  Lots of yelling and screaming.  Finally they manage to tip the car back upright and then they all race off.  At one point it looked like people were sprinting down the road.

A police car showed up just after, not sure if they caught the folks.  I can only surmise it was street racing (all vehicles involved were pickup trucks, go figure) and something went awry.

My neighbors apparently heard one of them say "we gotta hurry before the cops show up."

Man they were lucky...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148376 on: November 05, 2019, 03:42:49 am »

Riding the train, there's an info screen that also shows a selection of news stories. One of the snippets that popped up was about how there have been at least 62 instances of police officers unintentionally discharging their weapons (one of the big arguments in this country against standardized arming of officers: "We can't trust them with guns". Slightly different from the US thinking, eh?).

...the article's headline, however, was written as "Police accidentally shoot 62 times".

Brings to mind a different mental image, doesn't it?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148377 on: November 05, 2019, 04:48:25 am »

...WTF?!

An interesting point that isn't really highlighted in that article is that the fried chicken in question was part of a promo for a Jpop girl group who have heavy-metal backing music, wear Friday the 13th hockey masks and wield chainsaws on stage. They previously teamed up with the same restaurant to make a "girl's sweat" dish.

The entire point is that it's a stupid idea designed to get media attention for the band. Media coverage on most Japanese stuff is usually bullshit btw. This reporting would be like if Rob Zombie teamed up to make Zombie Burgers with a restaurant, and it got reported as the restaurant selling Zombie Burgers while completely omitting the fact that it was a Rob Zombie promo. I'd be pretty sure that the J-Pop band's management actually paid the restaurant to stage this promo and they didn't actually make any money off the product: i.e. the "market" in question isn't some demand for foot-stinky chicken, the market is that record labels will spend money to pull stupid stunts to get media coverage.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 05:05:56 am by Reelya »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148378 on: November 05, 2019, 05:00:10 am »

Given that it was a jpop promotion, I am surprised at how pedestrian it was.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148379 on: November 05, 2019, 05:08:55 am »

Given that it was a jpop promotion, I am surprised at how pedestrian it was.

pedestrian. Good one.

https://soranews24.com/2018/01/11/girls-feet-flavor-fried-chicken-now-on-sale-in-tokyo-promises-smell-stickiness-of-real-thing/

I also just noticed that the packaging on the chicken has the logo of the band right on it. The group in question consists of three sub-groups on the same label, who wear (group 1) hockey masks, (group 2) gas masks and (group 3) medieval armor. The chicken packaging has all three masks as a logo. So yep, it is a gag product tied to the band.
Pages: 1 ... 9890 9891 [9892] 9893 9894 ... 10974