Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9731 9732 [9733]

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 5708813 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I say?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145980 on: Today at 06:16:03 am »

And I once savescummed because I got injured while cleansing a town in DF.
Code: [Select]
dfhack die
Note that the reason I do this is so I can let out anger on those simulated "people". So hyped for the villains update so I can do less murderous things while still being evil.
« Last Edit: Today at 06:20:41 am by MaxTheFox »
Blatant and proud furry. Also Russian.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145981 on: Today at 06:21:20 am »

The guy in the article I linked believes that e.g. a complex boss such as Bowser might be some % as sentient as a human (because Bowser exhibits goal-driven behavior), and that % is very, very small, so killing one Bowser is insignificant, but if enough players kill Bowser over and over then it's adds up in a cumulative fashion to a Bowser Holocaust which is morally significant.

That moral math begs the question of how many Bowser-lives are worth one human lives, or how many real humans you'd kill to save how many Bowsers in Super Mario.
« Last Edit: Today at 06:31:31 am by Reelya »

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • perpetually lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #145982 on: Today at 06:26:07 am »

Right now the only argument I will affect as valid is "killing npcs is immoral because it simulates killing real people".
I've killed cave crocodiles in DF by teleporting them 15 z-levels off the ground (using gui/teleport). How am I supposed to pull off telekinetic crocodile-killing?

@MaxTheFox, you can use DFhack full-heal while in your character's status screen to fully heal your character.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I say?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145983 on: Today at 06:27:37 am »

@MaxTheFox, you can use DFhack full-heal while in your character's status screen to fully heal your character.
Not if you are instakilled. Happens occasionally even through adamantine armor.
Blatant and proud furry. Also Russian.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
« Reply #145984 on: Today at 06:38:34 am »

Right now the only argument I will affect as valid is "killing npcs is immoral because it simulates killing real people".

I mean by that measure police, military and self-defense training are more morally dubious as the virtual sphere is much more hypothetical. To me it's all just a reactonnary backlash "music of the devil" kind of thing.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • perpetually lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #145985 on: Today at 06:40:27 am »

Not if you are instakilled. Happens occasionally even through adamantine armor.
IIRC, DFhack full heal -r revives you. That, or you could try ghostly, full-heal, and ghostly, in that order. That one has a rather unsettling outcome, though: the revived-you can see and interact with your own corpse.
« Last Edit: Today at 06:42:09 am by methylatedspirit »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145986 on: Today at 09:55:46 am »

That moral math begs the question of how many Bowser-lives are worth one human lives, or how many real humans you'd kill to save how many Bowsers in Super Mario.
Kill the animals, save the frames.
Pages: 1 ... 9731 9732 [9733]