Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9892 9893 [9894] 9895 9896 ... 9948

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 5572421 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #148395 on: April 17, 2019, 06:39:09 pm »

... I'm so confused and aroused by that last post.  :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • blood blood blood blood blood blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #148396 on: April 17, 2019, 07:19:51 pm »

Now I just feel like an ass for considering the alternative. And for looking at the screen notifications in the first place.

So long as you don't act on them rashly, the possibilities that you consider in your own mind are your own business and nobody else's.
And it would be unreasonable to expect you to consciously ignore something that's literally just popping up on a screen that's facing you. Observation alone is harmless and very hard to avoid altogether.
working on computers

do not turn off update

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying protocols and protagonists
    • View Profile
« Reply #148397 on: April 18, 2019, 01:29:47 am »

He's a urologist. So like. If it's not a dick or bladder... No dice.
But he works with bones, no?
Raise the white flag and don't give up.

Naxza

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanderer of Broken Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #148398 on: April 18, 2019, 01:38:19 am »

Nah, see, he studies not dicks or bladders, but you! You're all a gist of it, really.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148399 on: April 18, 2019, 08:35:40 am »

Jesus fucking Christ what in the frickity frack is this Microsoft Edge garbage?!   

Every day I discover something new to loathe about it. I should have installed Opera by now but for some reason I feel like part of showing appreciation for this new laptop I've received should involve using its default browser. Goodness only knows. To be honest, Windows 10 in general is friggin' horrifying.
I thought I heard they were bringing the Start menu back?? So much for that.   
I'm kinda glad the bootleg Windows install on my old laptop never received a free "upgrade".   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #148400 on: April 18, 2019, 08:43:58 am »

I'm... using win 10. At home, at work. There's a start menu. Functions more or less the same as the old start menu.

Win 10's actually been pretty painless, so far. No more frustrating than vista, mostly.

E: Can't help you with edge, though. What you expected from a renamed internet explorer I'm not quite sure :P
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:45:38 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Lunatic, Adequate Thread Derailer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148401 on: April 18, 2019, 09:56:18 am »

I'm forced to use win 10 at work and I'm far too salty about it to ignore this >:( >:( >:( >:(

The start menu is horrible and cluttered with useless (cr)apps and as for edge at the very least I would expect that they wouldn't try to push me to use it by making it the default reader for pdfs.

don't take this seriously :D

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #148402 on: April 18, 2019, 10:09:31 am »

I guess it's slightly better than 8.1 was: https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2013/06/28/what-you-wish-for
But yeah it's still got a bunch of applets for some reason.  (The reason is they want to push their mobile crap, and they don't care that many/most people aren't interested)

Thankfully I'm able to stick with 7, at least for now heh.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148403 on: April 18, 2019, 11:14:38 am »

I found out that "How to train your Dragon" was loosely based on a series of children/young adult novels.  It sounds VERY loosely based, as half the characters are entirely different.  Astrid is now "CamiCazi" (haha) and it features characters like Madguts the Murderous and Big-Boobied Bertha.  And Hiccup can speak the dragon language dragonese.   :o

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148404 on: April 18, 2019, 03:56:26 pm »

Yeah, the books have audio versions as well. Toothless speaks. With a lisp, of course.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148405 on: April 18, 2019, 04:01:07 pm »

Is it worth reading/listening you think?  I'm been trying to force myself through Discworld and it just isn't doing it for me.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #148406 on: April 18, 2019, 04:04:03 pm »

Really? Which parts of DW? They had several different readers over the years, and this is entirely presonal but I loved pretty much all of them. Tho few things beat reading the things yourself since you can reread a certain sentance fifteen times and laugh harder each time because fuck me did Pratchett have a way with words that I have never expirienced elsewhere (Gaiman came in the same ballpark on occasion but that was about it).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148407 on: April 18, 2019, 04:06:40 pm »

Well, uh... I don't really know what to say to that. They're different from the movies, certainly, not least of which because Toothless is the size of a large cat, rather than something that can be ridden.

But I have no idea what someone who doesn't like Discworld would like. They're certainly different from Pratchett's literary style, and from what I can recall the books are basically "young lad with sarcastic flying cat learns how to do things differently in a world of brick-headed Vikings". But it's been a while since I listened to one.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Just Skin And Bones
    • View Profile
« Reply #148408 on: April 18, 2019, 04:09:10 pm »

Discworld is nutters.
I liked the few I've listened to kn audiobook.

the ending was worth it, at least
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
I track my running!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148409 on: April 18, 2019, 04:18:24 pm »

I'm only part way through the 2nd one in the Discworld series so far, which I've heard are the weaker ones.  I probably should have just started with the more popular ones maybe.  I think its mostly the writing style I'm not enjoying, it always does scene changes with no warning/context, and the editing is horrible with punctuation/spelling mistakes all over the place.
Pages: 1 ... 9892 9893 [9894] 9895 9896 ... 9948