Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9919 9920 [9921] 9922 9923 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13173713 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #148800 on: November 22, 2019, 01:59:18 pm »

Enderal, the best total conversion mod ever, has some WTF moments that I feel the need to express but also can't talk about because spoilers.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #148801 on: November 22, 2019, 02:04:43 pm »

dats Oblivion right?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148802 on: November 22, 2019, 02:11:03 pm »

dats Oblivion right?

Skyrim, but it barely feels like a Skyrim game. It has a traditional xp-to-level system, entirely different subject matter, a unique fast travel system that isn't from your map (Mark/Return make a comeback)....

Cannot recommend it enough. Just got through a segment that had some of the best voice acting I've ever seen, including professionally made games.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #148803 on: November 22, 2019, 03:15:06 pm »

Enderal, the best total conversion mod ever, has some WTF moments that I feel the need to express but also can't talk about because spoilers.
You know, we do have spoilers, right?
Code: [Select]
[spoiler=Actual spoilers for Enderal, Do not open unless you're okay being spoiled]spoilers[/spoiler]
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148804 on: November 22, 2019, 03:48:48 pm »

You know, we do have spoilers, right?
Code: [Select]
[spoiler=Actual spoilers for Enderal, Do not open unless you're okay being spoiled]spoilers[/spoiler]

I mean that's true but I'd have to like.... basically lay out the entire story with twists up to halfway through the game. That's sort of a no-no regardless :3

Anyway it has some extremely well-hidden plot twists that I did not see coming. Also one of the characters has some shit happen to them and the voice acting is riveting. ALSO it's a steam download, handled in the way that the really popular ARMA mods and whatnot were with it's own download page.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #148806 on: November 22, 2019, 04:55:12 pm »

dats Oblivion right?

Skyrim, but it barely feels like a Skyrim game. It has a traditional xp-to-level system, entirely different subject matter, a unique fast travel system that isn't from your map (Mark/Return make a comeback)....

Cannot recommend it enough. Just got through a segment that had some of the best voice acting I've ever seen, including professionally made games.
I was like, nah, nehrim's the oblivion one, the I look and it turns out this enderal is the same folks that did nehrim. I'll have to look into it, nehrim was pretty great and I've had skyrim for a while now without ever actually starting it up.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148807 on: November 22, 2019, 05:30:36 pm »

Enderal is the sequel to Nehrim. Or at least, both are in the same world - Nehrim is one country, Enderal is another I think. I remember playing Enderal a long time ago - I guess what's on Steam is the full release? - and some NPC dialogue mentioned events from Nehrim's plot.

As for my WTF, there's something wrong with the drain pipe or cesspool. Nobody will give me a straight answer on whether it's safe to flush. It's been two days. Stepdad didn't fix it today because it rained.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148808 on: November 22, 2019, 07:36:09 pm »

YouTube's recommendation algorithm appears to have completely self-destructed, and is now flooding my suggestions tab with children's entertainment and nursery rhymes.

And to make things even better, apparently you can't select "don't suggest content from this channel" anymore, and have to do things on a video-by-video basis.

If you figure out how to get the weird AI-made children's videos, hook us up. The real weird ones with Wolverine killing Daffy Duck while Frozen sings or whatever.
What? I wanna see this

That's not a real video, it's an allusion to a type of video.

The issue was that certain characters would get you up to the top of the search results for Youtube Kids, so a lot of channels started cramming characters with easily-obtained costumes into a bunch of videos and then cramming all the keywords into the name, and the AI recommendation system in Youtube Kids would put you next on the play list. Go to Youtube and search for "frozen elsa spiderman joker" to see some of the videos of this type. It's not really AI generated, it's just keyword-cramming to try and get higher in the AI rankings. So no, you'll never get a wolverine/daffy duck one, because those aren't easily-obtainable costumes that also happen to score highly in the AI recommendation system (and there was probably a snowball effect since if there are a lot of spiderman/elsa videos then a lot of them get views, and future spiderman/elsa videos end up getting higher rated as a result).

The real reason for this was because Youtube made "Youtube Kids" for parents. It's locked down and the kid can't choose the next video, so the AI recommendation system was deciding what to play next. Also, they turned off comments for the Youtube Kids app.

Hence, a lot of low-budget channels popped up with the exact same "frozen elsa spiderman joker" formula. And some of these videos were getting millions of hits, yet only have a few comments, and those comments are mostly "what the fuck is this? Who watches this crap?" That's because only a few normal Youtube users would find these videos, they're mostly about gaming the recommendation system for the Youtube Kids app, and the millions of viewers on that can't see or leave comments.

(Also there was the hilarious incident where a shitty edgy "prank" video channel which used race-baiting suddenly turned into an Elsagate channel and started having videos about Spiderman having tea parties with Elsa and co. All the little racist teens tuned into their favorite channel and were all "wtf am I watching?"
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 07:45:13 pm by Reelya »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148809 on: November 22, 2019, 07:45:02 pm »

Oh. It would be interesting to see content created by AI on YouTube though.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #148810 on: November 22, 2019, 11:15:41 pm »

You already can watch ai-produced content on youtube.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148811 on: November 23, 2019, 08:56:36 am »

You already can watch ai-produced content on youtube.
Which channels?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148812 on: November 23, 2019, 08:59:10 am »

I think you have the wrong idea about what he meant.

First, some people have bots that make videos, usually as content mills that take in third party news stories then automatically generate robot voices and add appropriate pictures. they're very bad videos, and only get a few views each, but the bot-maker can upload hundreds of these videos per day, since the process is entirely automated, so they make good money overall.

Second, is the "deepfakes", for example, fake videos of Obama making speeches he never made. Those use AI.

We're specifically not talking about AIs making actual videos with original stories. Those aren't a thing, at least not yet.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 09:03:20 am by Reelya »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148813 on: November 23, 2019, 09:02:42 am »

Oh

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148814 on: November 23, 2019, 09:04:40 am »

Bot news videos and deepfakes are the two main types of videos generated with AI you'll see online.

Maybe actual videos with storylines will come one day, but that's a far way off.
Pages: 1 ... 9919 9920 [9921] 9922 9923 ... 10983