Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9926 9927 [9928] 9929 9930 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13189213 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #148905 on: November 27, 2019, 07:06:50 pm »

How the actual, absolute fuck do I end up in these situations?

I'd been invited out to a game of pub chess by a friend, who never showed up; and then I apparently laughed too hard at some stories of Ukrainian first aid that I was reading so I attracted the attention of a woman and her compatriot who was totally, definitely gay and that she'd only made out with the one time.

From that base, I got dragged across the bridge to one of the least reputable establishments in town (and one which I am unfortunately more familiar with than I would like) and encouraged to have another drink, at which point this person-who-does-not-smoke took her second cigarette and informed me about her borderline personality disorder.

No.

NO.

Code: [Select]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
(No offense to fellow forumites who suffer from BPD, but I just can't. I'm not stable enough myself to handle that)

So she adds me on Snapchat, and I make my leave for the evening; an act which seems to make her "gay" friend fairly happy.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #148906 on: November 27, 2019, 07:38:52 pm »

I'm 98% sure pikachu is talking about skin color, not clothing color.
Yes. I am indeed talking about skin color. Black-skinned Nazis.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #148907 on: November 28, 2019, 01:14:48 am »

I go to the Walgreens near my work today to buy smokes.

New lady is there I've never seen before.

As she's ringing me up she looks at me and goes "Aren't these cheaper on the reservation?"

I was so unprepared for that question I just blinked and went "Excuse me?" She repeated herself.

Her tone wasn't rude, but the question kind of implies what she was actually thinking. "Shit this guy looks really Native American." She could have just asked though.

So I gave some rambling reply about how the price is different all over town depending on where you go. What I should have said was something like "Me Shopem Big Time In Lincoln White Woman."

Funny thing is, I'm not Native American. Native Mexican Indian, yes. Gotta love the Midwest and its strangely polite racism/ignorance.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 01:23:39 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148908 on: November 28, 2019, 01:54:44 am »

Hard to defend either way;  The treaty of Ft Laramie is basically racist, straight up. (One of its founding precepts is racial segregation.) White people can only go on the reservation at the discretion of the native peoples there, per the treaty. (Which is ironically one of the sticking points behind why the Keystone XL pipeline bullshit was so fucking horrible-- it was a violation of treaty for *ANY* of the pipeline employees, let alone the "Security forces", to even fucking BE there.)

There's just enough people that frequently go to and from the reservations in the midwest that appearance can be all over the place, and so there is no "Native American" look really, just a vague set of aggregate features. (In my area we have the "Mid-American indian center," which frequently holds events for people of native american heritage, for example.) It would be easy to get confused.  Instead of just assuming you were from one, she could have asked if you were native american, then politely asked what region, before jumping straight into the "Are those cheaper on the reservation?"  angle.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #148909 on: November 28, 2019, 04:40:27 am »

I just realized that I can put myself in this sleep-loop mode. It's probably really unhealthy, but fuck it. On a completely unrelated note, my antipsychotics are sweet with a bitter aftertaste when chewed.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148910 on: November 28, 2019, 04:52:56 am »

You really are not supposed to crush anti-psychotics...

This is not a comprehensive list, but really-- many major anti-psychotics can be found on it.
https://www.vnhcsb.org/media/data/papers/pdf/343_16.ApdexA.2.pdf

(It's a list of oral medications that should not be crushed.)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148911 on: November 28, 2019, 05:01:55 am »

This is not a comprehensive list, but really-- many major anti-psychotics can be found on it.

Note: may add contents of capsule to apple juice or applesauce but NOT chocolate
What a wild world we live in.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #148912 on: November 28, 2019, 05:07:06 am »

Aripiprazole, which I take, is not on that list. Should I still hold off?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #148913 on: November 28, 2019, 07:39:36 am »

I'm 98% sure pikachu is talking about skin color, not clothing color.
Yes. I am indeed talking about skin color. Black-skinned Nazis.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Millions of foreign volunteers & conscripts served in the wermacht, SS, luftwaffe and kriegsmarine. When you're engaging in total war and running out of sons you tend to get liberal with ideological purity in the name of pragmatic staffing requirements. Probably the strangest example involving the highest ranking such individual is a German-Jew who became a field marshal responsible for fighter manufacture & a concentration camp - Erhard Milch. So it's ideologically inconsistent but in reality not all that strange; everyone who can fight will fight - issues of ideology can be settled afterwards. My favourite is the Korean who fought for Imperial Japan, the USSR and Nazi Germany before being imprisoned in the UK and retiring in the USA - Yang Kyoungjong

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148914 on: November 28, 2019, 07:59:30 am »

Yeah, Yang is a legend. Though "fought for" is a misnomer. He was press-ganged multiple times, he basically did what he had to, to not get executed. None of the factions he was conscripted by were known for offering a choice.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #148915 on: November 28, 2019, 09:24:23 am »

Note: may add contents of capsule to apple juice or applesauce but NOT chocolate
What a wild world we live in.
Chocolate's got caffeine at a minimum, and iirc some other psychoactive substances. There's probably more than one brain-y medication that doesn't play well with it. It's not so much that the world is wild as it is chocolate could probably be classified as a mild drug :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148916 on: November 28, 2019, 09:32:19 am »

Aripiprazole, which I take, is not on that list. Should I still hold off?

YES.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/aripiprazole-oral-route/proper-use/drg-20066890

Swallow the tablets whole. Do not break, crush, or chew them.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #148917 on: November 28, 2019, 09:47:54 am »

I thought not crushing or chewing tablets was just general medical advice?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148918 on: November 28, 2019, 09:54:06 am »

Not always. For some people with problems swallowing (Stroke patients, people with advanced dementia, etc...) crushing and inserting into apple sauce or thickened juice is prescribed.

For medications not formulated for rapid absorption, this is NOT INDICATED.  For example, enteric coated tablets (which are meant to dissolve in the intestinal tract, not the stomach or mouth), or slow release tablets (which contain a larger dose of medication, but the bolus is designed to release the medication slowly, to sustain a target blood saturation.)

Anti-psychotic medications tend toward being this latter category. Chewing or crushing the tablets will increase the rate of absorption, which will change the blood concentrations of the medication.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 09:57:56 am by wierd »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #148919 on: November 28, 2019, 01:04:27 pm »

Yeah, Yang is a legend. Though "fought for" is a misnomer. He was press-ganged multiple times, he basically did what he had to, to not get executed. None of the factions he was conscripted by were known for offering a choice.
Literal definition of fought for, not as in fighting for something you believe in, but just actual fighting in a battle. E.g. difference between "fought for equality" and "fought this dude"
Pages: 1 ... 9926 9927 [9928] 9929 9930 ... 10983