Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9935 9936 [9937] 9938 9939 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998336 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #149040 on: December 04, 2019, 03:20:23 pm »

I'm just trying to get something edible into my stomach before the shadow creeps back in and I can't move my hands anymore.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149041 on: December 04, 2019, 03:37:09 pm »

The first suggestion was essentially "Dirty rice"

https://mihotm.recipes/sides/dirty-rice-beans/

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149042 on: December 04, 2019, 04:01:18 pm »

I'm just trying to get something edible into my stomach before the shadow creeps back in and I can't move my hands anymore.
What shadow?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #149043 on: December 04, 2019, 04:07:42 pm »

He's having a bad time of it.

Also he has really nice eyebrows.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149044 on: December 04, 2019, 04:14:09 pm »

What shadow?
Depression, basically. I get low moods where I feel hollow and drained, and movement becomes excessively difficult. Trying to push through it is made challenging by feelings of despair and futility, along with a kind of "block" when it gets particularly bad, where I can have the thought to perform an action (such as moving arm to a more comfortable position), have a desire and will to enact that action, but the action doesn't happen.

Luckily I haven't been that bad for quite some time now, but I do still occasionally lose a little fine motor control when I'm feeling awful.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149045 on: December 04, 2019, 04:47:44 pm »

Interesting, a muscle-lock (not to be confused with muscle lock-up). I do not know if it will help, but the next time this happens, you could try breaking through it on a single spot, such as a finger, and then going from there. It will likely not help with mood but may allow you to move.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149046 on: December 04, 2019, 05:50:06 pm »

Depression, basically. I get low moods where I feel hollow and drained, and movement becomes excessively difficult. Trying to push through it is made challenging by feelings of despair and futility, along with a kind of "block" when it gets particularly bad, where I can have the thought to perform an action (such as moving arm to a more comfortable position), have a desire and will to enact that action, but the action doesn't happen.

Having some simple foods that will keep you going helps. Toast works, and if you're still hungry you'll be motivated to eat a real meal instead of just more bread.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #149047 on: December 04, 2019, 05:59:13 pm »

I honestly find that you have to keep moving.  Small things first.

The most important thing is to recognize habits.  For instance a habit of mine is to do house chores and then lay down when Im feeling like a blob.  I do the dishes and take out trash and make lunch for tomorrow and then *poof* Im in bed.  So instead I leave.

I like going to the gym or even the beach.  I walk the boardwalk and meditate or I stretch at the gym and hop on a treadmill.  I have found that walking really helps me wake up and feel better.  I suppose I purposely try to make it feel good.  Am I crazy to believe I can force my body to release endorphins by walking, looking skyward, and rolling my eyes?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #149048 on: December 04, 2019, 07:56:02 pm »

I personally try to avoid making myself feel bad.

Getting into spirals of thinking that just make me feel like shit serve no purpose beyond making me feel like shit, so I try not to do it. Noticing how I react to things was useful too.

At work, for example, there are particular tasks I used to loathe and get very frustrated about having to do, which would lead to spiraling negative thoughts that eventually exhaust me. Having noted how and when I got frustrated about them, and how that made me feel physically and emotionally, I set about stopping that inevitable spiral before it started. It took a long time to do it, and it still happens now and again, but at least I know I’m capable of avoiding it if I set my mind to it.

I also try to avoid getting too tired, since that fucks me right up. Trying to get a good night’s sleep is the first step in that regard. Regular bed- and wake-up times help with that though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #149049 on: December 04, 2019, 09:13:22 pm »

Lived out his last days in a demented haze. Died in 2015.
Oh well. Died like he lived. Doing what he loved.

At least the time cube site is still up.

On WTF, the new president of the National Arts Foundation of my country said rock leads the satanism and abortion. I thought I was born way to late to join Satan and jam, but it seems that it's all me not putting in the effort.
In a time before time, I had a name.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149050 on: December 04, 2019, 09:23:50 pm »

Shame on you Magistrum!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149051 on: December 04, 2019, 09:39:15 pm »

My uh, Noon PM guy called back and argued with some more people about whether or not it was really Noon or not.

: \
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149052 on: December 05, 2019, 05:03:03 am »

Lived out his last days in a demented haze. Died in 2015.
Oh well. Died like he lived. Doing what he loved.

At least the time cube site is still up.

On WTF, the new president of the National Arts Foundation of my country said rock leads the satanism and abortion. I thought I was born way to late to join Satan and jam, but it seems that it's all me not putting in the effort.

Shame on you Magistrum!

Yes, quite. The exact quote was "Rock Leads to Abortion and Satanism". Get it right,  Magistrum. Shame, Magistrum, Shame.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149053 on: December 05, 2019, 05:14:40 am »

My uh, Noon PM guy called back and argued with some more people about whether or not it was really Noon or not.

For whatever reason, that reminds me of the one tech support story my ex had from work... A customer had called in to try and figure out what was going on with their TV decoder, since it was showing an error code "LOS".

Of course, nobody in the department remembered what LOS was supposed to mean, and the documentation is as poorly managed as one would expect, so nobody in IT knew what to do about this. More and more people get dragged into the ticket to try and help figure out what the heck is going on.

They were starting to get really confused, and were planning to just schedule sending someone out for a physical inspection when the customer mentioned that the error code had now changed, and was displaying code "BES" instead.

...[sound of brain gears crunching]

The decoder was upside down.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #149054 on: December 05, 2019, 05:44:54 am »

For whatever reason, that reminds me of the one tech support story my ex had from work... A customer had called in to try and figure out what was going on with their TV decoder, since it was showing an error code "LOS".

Of course, nobody in the department remembered what LOS was supposed to mean, and the documentation is as poorly managed as one would expect, so nobody in IT knew what to do about this. More and more people get dragged into the ticket to try and help figure out what the heck is going on.

They were starting to get really confused, and were planning to just schedule sending someone out for a physical inspection when the customer mentioned that the error code had now changed, and was displaying code "BES" instead.

...[sound of brain gears crunching]

The decoder was upside down.
Los means let's go
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 9935 9936 [9937] 9938 9939 ... 10974