Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9946 9947 [9948] 9949 9950 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13179413 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #149205 on: December 19, 2019, 06:19:33 pm »

Glitch help? Is this help to prevent glitches or using glitches to help?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #149206 on: December 19, 2019, 06:32:57 pm »

Glitch hop is using glitches to make you hop. Sorta'. So to help, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #149207 on: December 19, 2019, 07:02:03 pm »

A video about the Stanford prison “experiment”

Both of the "experiments" in that video (which appear to be Milgram and Standford) have been massively criticized. Metastudies have shown considerable evidence that Milgram "massaged" his data to support his conclusion (most attempts to "replicate" the original have essentially been politicized "see! see!" affairs), while Stanford could very well serve as a "Errors in psychological study" checklist. Not only were the "guards" specifically instructed to dominate the "prisoners", at least two are known to have admitting that they deliberately tried to give the "desired" results. Numerous prison experiments have been conducted in a more ethical manner since (due to it being an extremely valuable topic for study) - none have the same results as Stanford.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149208 on: December 19, 2019, 07:10:47 pm »

A video about the Stanford prison “experiment”

Both of the "experiments" in that video (which appear to be Milgram and Standford) have been massively criticized. Metastudies have shown considerable evidence that Milgram "massaged" his data to support his conclusion (most attempts to "replicate" the original have essentially been politicized "see! see!" affairs), while Stanford could very well serve as a "Errors in psychological study" checklist. Not only were the "guards" specifically instructed to dominate the "prisoners", at least two are known to have admitting that they deliberately tried to give the "desired" results. Numerous prison experiments have been conducted in a more ethical manner since (due to it being an extremely valuable topic for study) - none have the same results as Stanford.
The criticisms are the topic of the video. Part of the video was about criticizing the experiments. I agree they are flawed. Thst is also what the video is saying as well.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #149209 on: December 19, 2019, 07:56:30 pm »

Sorry. I did't catch that when I skimmed - I've seen those two experiments refrenced in so many "LOOK HOW EVIL PEOPLE ARE" contexts that I have a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. It is pretty similar to my response to Sigmund Fraud.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #149210 on: December 20, 2019, 01:01:38 pm »

Sorry. I did't catch that when I skimmed - I've seen those two experiments refrenced in so many "LOOK HOW EVIL PEOPLE ARE" contexts that I have a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. It is pretty similar to my response to Sigmund Fraud.
Yeah, you don't need a prison experiment to conclude people are evil. You just need to work in retail.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149211 on: December 20, 2019, 01:05:39 pm »

Yeah, you don't need a prison experiment to conclude people are evil. You just need to work in retail.

Customer service in general. The only people worse than customers are bosses (which is also innately understood by video game creators).

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149212 on: December 20, 2019, 01:07:45 pm »

No, C-level managment is the very embodiment of capricious evil.  Middle management is just the manifestation of evil by incompetence.  C-level management is lawful evil. The worst combination.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149213 on: December 20, 2019, 01:55:10 pm »

No, C-level managment is the very embodiment of capricious evil.  Middle management is just the manifestation of evil by incompetence.  C-level management is lawful evil. The worst combination.
What is C level management?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149214 on: December 20, 2019, 02:00:40 pm »

CEO, CFO, CIO...

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #149215 on: December 20, 2019, 02:07:20 pm »

Then what are the Board of Directors?  :o
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #149216 on: December 20, 2019, 02:35:38 pm »

Chaotic evil, you never know what BS they're going to demand next.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149217 on: December 20, 2019, 05:24:51 pm »

CEO, CFO, CIO...
Thanks

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #149218 on: December 20, 2019, 06:45:18 pm »

Try having a company where you have to attend mandatory parties for your well-being, paid for by the company, but the bossman won't just pay you the money they spent on the party instead D;

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149219 on: December 20, 2019, 06:54:27 pm »

Try having a company where you have to attend mandatory parties for your well-being, paid for by the company, but the bossman won't just pay you the money they spent on the party instead D;

My company is a bit weird about that.

I got a raise this year, and a 19% total raise on top of yearly raises when I had my kid. They've bought us pizza three times during this holiday season and are giving us an entire catered lunch from the best BBQ place around (we got to choose anywhere and chose this place) this Monday.

I still make just enough that I qualify for state assistance for food, and my wife works full time too ;_;. I understand that people with my title and in my industry don't make so much, but the concept that they pay me so little that I qualify for state assistance is sort of absurd.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 07:03:11 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 9946 9947 [9948] 9949 9950 ... 10983