Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9949 9950 [9951] 9952 9953 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13166149 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #149250 on: December 21, 2019, 02:25:01 pm »

I’d walk on the grass.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149251 on: December 21, 2019, 02:25:51 pm »

Jaywalk.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149252 on: December 21, 2019, 05:10:28 pm »

Jays walk. Let’s teach birds how the human do

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #149253 on: December 21, 2019, 07:44:16 pm »

I cant believe none of you would smuggle in a cheetah for a pet.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #149254 on: December 21, 2019, 07:52:13 pm »

Jays already know how to walk, Nature.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149255 on: December 21, 2019, 08:07:35 pm »

Yes, I was thinking whether they cross streets, look both ways before crossing

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #149256 on: December 21, 2019, 08:13:45 pm »

With eyes on opposite sides of their heads, they can't not look both ways without closing one eye.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149257 on: December 21, 2019, 08:26:12 pm »

Yes, I mean watching for cars before crossing. Maybe on very windy days they’d have trouble flying, or younger ones or ones with broken wings would need to cross to get to certain areas
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 08:48:30 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #149258 on: December 21, 2019, 08:44:26 pm »

At least around here, I never see songbirds trying to move around on the ground. Young ones stay in the nest until they can fly, injured ones... probably get eaten by the cats. They wouldn't have much reason to learn to watch for cars I think, because they can just fly over.
Squirrels, though. They... sometimes avoid cars. More like they just start running really fast when one is coming than try to wait for them.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149259 on: December 21, 2019, 08:50:06 pm »

Unrelated but I looked for Iowa news and found this f’ed up story A woman admits to hitting a 14 year old girl with her car because she “is Mexican” She is charged with attempted murder. At least the girl survived the endeavo.r WTF? It makes me angry whenever I learn that people do things like this
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 06:37:40 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #149260 on: December 21, 2019, 09:24:44 pm »

Yes, I mean watching for cars before crossing. Maybe on very windy days they’d have trouble flying, or younger ones or ones with broken wings would need to cross to get to certain areas
Smarter ones definitely look for cars, or at least react to their presence. You see it with carrion eaters picking at roadkill all the time. Other ones largely have no reason to get close enough to the ground, much less anywhere that close to a hot thing with no food on it, to interact with vehicles on the road much or at all. You see song birds or whatever scoot low across a road occasionally, but it's actually pretty difficult to hit something moving perpendicular to you that fast, even if you're going 50+ mph. Particularly with all the wind disturbance cars kick up. You'll see a roadkilled one only very rarely -- carrion eaters or predators (swooping for something near or on a road and getting hit, near as I can tell) are more common, but still quite rare.

You'd probably want to check parking lots for vehicle interaction behavior in birds, but the circumstances there tend to be a good bit different than with a road proper. There's probably studies out there in any case, vehicle infrastructure fucks with bird habits in all sorts of ways.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #149261 on: December 21, 2019, 09:35:22 pm »

You know, why are there gay Christians? Doesn't the Bible explicitly say they are not going to heaven.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #149262 on: December 21, 2019, 09:37:03 pm »

You know, why are there gay Christians? Doesn't the Bible explicitly say they are not going to heaven.
Because homosexuality isn't part of a religious clast?  These days there are denominations willing to accept people of all sorts of backgrounds.

And as the bible increasingly becomes viewed as a source of parables instead of a rigid set of rules its not anywhere near the monolithic book of law it used to be.

Some people like the benefits of belonging to a community that values family.  Some people were raised christian, they just realized along the way they also were gay.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 09:39:45 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #149263 on: December 21, 2019, 10:36:36 pm »

Same reason there are gay Muslims, gay people are born into beliefs same as anyone

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #149264 on: December 21, 2019, 11:14:17 pm »

At most it might say it's a sin, more or less, depending on translation and interpretation. One no worse than, say, drunkenness or revelry or extortion. Probably no more of a hindrance than being rich and definitely no more of one than being, say, uncharitable or whatev'. Lotta' shit's a sin, it doesn't stop sinners from being christian, plenty of denominations that hold it doesn't stop folks from receiving salvation, etc., etc. Doesn't seem to do much to slow down the sin, either, often enough, for that matter, and that still don't stop the sinners from calling themselves or being called christian.

There's a whole bunch of other theological guff that can get involved, but the short of it is it's only a meaningful barrier to being christian if the particular believer wants it to be, and roughly as important to the core messages and whatnot of the bible as whatever horseshit was invoked back when the churches were stanning for slavery. Bible says a lot of other shit a hell of a lot more important than its few lines that may or may not be explicit universal condemnations of homosexuality.

End of the day it's not the bloody bible (or the church, or churchgoers, or you) that decides if you're going to heaven, anyway, so far as christian metaphysics go. Feels like folks like to forget that a lot, some days.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 9949 9950 [9951] 9952 9953 ... 10983