Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9965 9966 [9967] 9968 9969 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13182567 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #149490 on: January 13, 2020, 11:46:40 am »

I like the 'classics'

what i dont like is the new age jazzed up versions that are popular with the old men pretending our store is gonna be the next hipster wholefoods play.

Every two-bit artist who thinks they will be the next Burl Ives are injecting their own flavor that reeks of hollywood coffee shops.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149491 on: January 13, 2020, 12:31:33 pm »

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me: A Christmas song that plays infinite-ly
On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me: two sets of drums and a Christmas song that plays infinite-ly

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149492 on: January 13, 2020, 12:43:24 pm »

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me: two sets of drums and a Christmas song that plays infinite-ly
On the third day of postmas my true love gave to me: three french toasts, two sets of drums and a Christmas song that plays infinite-ly

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149493 on: January 13, 2020, 01:04:38 pm »

On the third day of postmas my true love gave to me: three french toasts, two sets of drums and a Christmas song that plays infinite-ly
On the fourth day of xmas my true love gave to me: four carolers, three french toasts, two sets of drums and a Christmas song that plays infinite-ly.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #149494 on: January 13, 2020, 01:15:09 pm »

Can y'all just skip to the 367th day of christmas and speed this along?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149495 on: January 13, 2020, 01:20:59 pm »

On the Three Hundredth and sixty seventh day of christmas my true love gave to me: three hundred sixty seven strings of lighting, three hundred sixty six phials of vanilla, three hundred sixty five christmas villages, three hundred sixty four christmas cookies, three hundred sixty three elves on a shelf, three hundred sixty two jellybeans, three hundred sixty one yards of ribbon, THREE HUNDRED SIXTY hours of Christmas story!

Three hundred fifty nine matryoshka dolls, three hundred . . .
PKs DF Mod!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149496 on: January 13, 2020, 01:25:50 pm »

On the Three Hundredth and sixty seventh day of christmas my true love gave to me: three hundred sixty seven strings of lighting, three hundred sixty six phials of vanilla, three hundred sixty five christmas villages, three hundred sixty four christmas cookies, three hundred sixty three elves on a shelf, three hundred sixty two jellybeans, three hundred sixty one yards of ribbon, THREE HUNDRED SIXTY hours of Christmas story!

Three hundred fifty nine matryoshka dolls, three hundred . . .

I see you've heard of this individual.

Apologies if the site doesn't work for you. You'll learn just as much by inspecting the url than you would by visiting anyway.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #149497 on: January 13, 2020, 01:36:50 pm »

ALL I WANT CHRISTMAS IS YOOOOUUUUU
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149498 on: January 13, 2020, 01:38:30 pm »

A math question that is way too daunting for me: how many items long would the song have to be to last all year, from one Christmas to the next?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149499 on: January 13, 2020, 01:49:52 pm »

A math question that is way too daunting for me: how many items long would the song have to be to last all year, from one Christmas to the next?

I can't be bothered to try and work it out, but you would need to sing the song as is 159272.7* or 123670.6** times to span a full year unless I did something stupid with the math.

*assuming a 3:20 long rendition of the song.
**assuming a 4:15 rendition.

Edit: Got a bug in my brain, took it further, the song is 102 lines long, so I think each line works out to about 2.5 seconds long. Assuming I've done my math right you'd need 12614232 additional lines that long to make the song last all year. I can't remember how to break that down any further.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 02:10:37 pm by Grim Portent »
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149500 on: January 13, 2020, 02:07:11 pm »

Here is an approximate answer. According to youtube examples, it takes quite nearly exactly 30s (3:40 to 4:10) to go from "on the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me" to "a partridge in a pear tree".

So 12 items takes 30s to go through. 24 items would take 60s to go through. There are 525600 minutes in a year. It would therefore take in the ballpark of 12,614,400 items in the song to go for a full year.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149501 on: January 13, 2020, 02:15:42 pm »

There's a "Taking the Hobbits to Isengard" 10 hours version in YouTube.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149502 on: January 13, 2020, 02:23:42 pm »

Saw some videos from The Proper People exploring creepy abandoned shit in China, went to take the trash out at like 4 am, thought to myself that I could spook the missus by coming in and just saying "it followed me" to her.

Ended up creeping myself out... wtf brain?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149503 on: January 13, 2020, 02:28:44 pm »

Here is an approximate answer. According to youtube examples, it takes quite nearly exactly 30s (3:40 to 4:10) to go from "on the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me" to "a partridge in a pear tree".

So 12 items takes 30s to go through. 24 items would take 60s to go through. There are 525600 minutes in a year. It would therefore take in the ballpark of 12,614,400 items in the song to go for a full year.

That's for singing through the whole list once, I think, but I'm talking about singing the whole song. If you kept going past 12 items, you'd then since the 13th, then all 12 beneath that; then the 14th and all 13 beneath that; and so on; and so the length of the song increases more and more with each item added. I'm not even sure how you'd go about calculating that, unless I'm just overcomplicating it in my head.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149504 on: January 13, 2020, 02:32:00 pm »

That's true. If you're singing the whole song, adding one item for each iteration, it would be quite different.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 9965 9966 [9967] 9968 9969 ... 10983