Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9979 9980 [9981] 9982 9983 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13148558 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #149700 on: January 23, 2020, 09:03:33 am »

Have you guys seen the music video to Igorrr's 'Very Noise'? I've been trying to divine what the fuck is going on in it. After watching it several times these past few days, I'm beginning to suspect it might have some religious significance.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #149701 on: January 23, 2020, 09:21:00 am »

“Train your Brain”?
Thanks but I got Brain Age on the Nintendo DS for that!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149702 on: January 23, 2020, 09:33:13 am »

“Train your Brain”?
Thanks but I got Brain Age on the Nintendo DS for that!
I remember Brain Age, there was a different brain game Im forgetting the name of that has tests that duppodedl6 tell how much of your brain is being used. One of the stress games was you had to add dominoes together while dragging away arthropods on the screen

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #149703 on: January 23, 2020, 10:04:54 am »

Have you guys seen the music video to Igorrr's 'Very Noise'? I've been trying to divine what the fuck is going on in it. After watching it several times these past few days, I'm beginning to suspect it might have some religious significance.

Hey, someone linked that video in one of the Discords I'm in! I've no clue what was that video, but I expected the song to be a lot harsher. It's actually pretty catchy and reminded me of Venetian Snares with all the distortion going on.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149704 on: January 23, 2020, 10:19:03 am »

Yeah, there may be something in there, but uh. Still, this is a pretty high level of wtf present.

That said, the song is great.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149705 on: January 23, 2020, 10:32:28 am »

And a lot of big companies in the health arena are snake-oil-based.
But... So, the snake oil is exercise?

Like, there are plenty of good things that happen with exercise, but it does not work like antidepressants. Not any kind of antidepressant I know of, in any case.

It's just a dumbass, false statement, and I'm not sure how they managed to come up with it. Unless professional gyms are taking notes from middle-aged mom Facebook inspirational pages.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #149706 on: January 23, 2020, 10:52:27 am »

I mean. There's a reason exercise is part of a... I don't want to use the fraudish buzzword a holistic here but I don't know what else to say -- part of a holistic depression treatment, and that's the reason therapists will go on and on about it. So it's easy to see how they would (fallacycly) extrapolate from there.

So basically. Depression means lack of funny hormones. Training begets funny hormones. Antidepressants fight the lack of funny hormones. This they have the same effects.

It's basic logic. Checkmate, kagutheists
Love, scriver~

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #149707 on: January 24, 2020, 12:29:16 am »

Somebody's been cartridge tilting. :P
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #149708 on: January 24, 2020, 12:12:56 pm »

Apparently on Youtube you can't put kid's content on your Watch Later list or any other. Why?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149709 on: January 24, 2020, 12:21:01 pm »

Perhaps businesses exploiting it for having televisions with family safe, looping content?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149710 on: January 24, 2020, 12:28:21 pm »

Was just reading this article about Trump's plan to officially start pushing the Israeli stomping machine towards Palestine, when I scrolled down and found the most delightful top comment...

Zionist bandits. You're pissing the world off again. But beware! - History likes to repeats itself.

...what. Jesus Christ, these fuckers aren't even trying to pretend.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149711 on: January 24, 2020, 12:35:49 pm »

I'm against senseless killing palestinians, but also against killing jews or humans and vertebrates in general, some very limited exceptions, for even monsters can have some use and death is not punishment enough for others.

Why can't we just settle our largest conflicts with something like slapping contests or rope tugging wars.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149712 on: January 24, 2020, 12:42:28 pm »

I'm against senseless killing palestinians, but also against killing jews or humans and vertebrates in general, some very limited exceptions, for even monsters can have some use and death is not punishment enough for others.

Why can't we just settle our largest conflicts with something like slapping contests or rope tugging wars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot_Jox

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149713 on: January 24, 2020, 01:40:25 pm »

Apparently on Youtube you can't put kid's content on your Watch Later list or any other. Why?

Don't know the specifics, but Youtube made some changes to how stuff flagged as kid's content is treated not too long ago. If you watch it on a phone or tablet then it won't play kid's content in the miniplayer mode either.

Might be something to do with the flak they've been getting for letting shitty content keep getting highly recommended by the Youtube Kids algorithm.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #149714 on: January 24, 2020, 05:10:52 pm »

I just learned that there was a civil war ii in Marvel comic books. Why would they want to make a sequel to that terribleness?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 9979 9980 [9981] 9982 9983 ... 10980