Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9985 9986 [9987] 9988 9989 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13182647 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #149790 on: January 29, 2020, 10:02:59 am »

Probably just throwing stuff together to see what happens? I used to do that with drinks pretty often.

Incidentally, green tea and hot chocolate are kinda' terrible mixed together. Something really good is pepsi, doctor pepper, and blueberry minute maid mixed at a 1:1:2 ratio -- you know you have it right when it turns swamp water green. Also using soda in general as a base for tea instead of water is surprisingly good if you can handle something super, super sweet.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #149791 on: January 29, 2020, 10:22:53 am »

Something really good is pepsi, doctor pepper, and blueberry minute maid mixed at a 1:1:2 ratio -- you know you have it right when it turns swamp water green. Also using soda in general as a base for tea instead of water is surprisingly good if you can handle something super, super sweet.
Sounds like a secret formula discovered mixing soda fountain drinks at the cafeteria.
So many different possibilities!
And then there's the drink where it's a mix of everything... hoh boy

I've been to some Basque restaurants and they serve the Kalimotxo: Coca Cola with red wine. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 10:24:41 am by TamerVirus »
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #149792 on: January 29, 2020, 10:48:01 am »

Fair warning, mixing everything has a weird tendency to come out tasting like children's asprin. Like, it's frikkin' uncanny how easy it is to mix together sodas and end up with something that could pass for those old flintstones chewables.
Ask not!
Ask!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149793 on: January 29, 2020, 10:59:38 am »

Unless one of your products is something like Chambord. Then everything just tastes like sickeningly sweet black raspberry.

New WTF.

I think we have vastly different opinions on what "excellent working condition" means. Unless it means "these definitely work as very short boxes with which to hold very short items."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 02:42:00 pm by Mephisto »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #149794 on: January 29, 2020, 05:25:20 pm »

What the hell did this guy think was going to happen? He's lucky he landed to the side and not in front of it.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #149795 on: January 29, 2020, 06:24:27 pm »

Probably didn't comprehend just how heavy a round bale of hay (I think that's what's pictured) is.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #149796 on: January 29, 2020, 06:32:38 pm »

It seems everything was conspiring to make me late this morning.

Very icy, unexpectedly so, and it took a while to scrape all the ice off the windows. Already late now! Wait in driveway for a garbage truck to pass, it stops to pick up garbage in the next driveway. See the next turn I need to take, schoolbus turns onto it, followed by a regular bus. Drive slowly past schoolbus, wait for a moment behind regular bus as it was picking someone up, see big semi turn onto road in front of regular bus. Semi is turning at the next driveway to a factory, takes forever in doing so.

This all occurred within the first two minutes of me starting my drive.

FINALLY SOME ROAD TO MOVE ON.

DAMN RIGHT I GOT IN FRONT OF YOU SNOW PLOW.

Approach 4 way junction, I'm on the main road, stop signs on the ones attaching on the right and left. See people waiting patiently on the left, someone approaches the one on the right. They wait. They wait. As I approach their wheels start spinning because apparently the best time to attempt to go is when an approaching car is right next to you, and it's icy conditions so GUN IT OH NO NO TRACTION ARGH forcing me to put on my brakes before they give up and do what they should've done in the first place and watch as I go by. So badly wanted to give 'em the double birds, I sufficed with arms outspread, aghast look on my face.

Stuck behind someone doing 40 in a 55. Less problematical, since it's sensible, but I'm already late because of everything else so move damnit.

Everyone on the Interstate is being sensible, but there are like 3 trucks and a pickup hauling something in a row so I have to take the last 3 miles at 55 because I'm not going to risk my neck getting in front of them just to avoid 1 disciplinary point.

I still made it to work "on time", two minutes past my start time but 3 minutes before said disciplinary point.

I did have one... rather annoying customer, who put far too much thought into choosing a wax seal for their toilet, resulting in him taking 15 minutes to do something that takes most people 30 seconds.

highlights:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149797 on: January 29, 2020, 07:06:08 pm »

Damn son, where'd you find this?
I had leftover ice from bubble tea, and a soda stream cola mix thingy. So I just dumped it in the cup.

Probably also matters that it was coconut milk instead of regular milk. Regular milk does not enjoy coke.

But yeah it was a revelation. If there was a way to always drink this, I would.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149798 on: January 29, 2020, 07:19:03 pm »

I had leftover ice from bubble tea, and a soda stream cola mix thingy. So I just dumped it in the cup.

Probably also matters that it was coconut milk instead of regular milk. Regular milk does not enjoy coke.

What is meant by animal milk not “enjoying” the coke? Do you mean it floats on top? Sinks to the bottom? Produces heat and/or steam when poured on it? I have never mixed milk of any kind with pop/soda, as I do not drink them

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149799 on: January 29, 2020, 07:22:08 pm »

What is meant by animal milk not “enjoying” the coke? Do you mean it floats on top? Sinks to the bottom? Produces heat and/or steam when poured on it? I have never mixed milk of any kind with pop/soda, as I do not drink them

According to the internet, the phosphoric acid in coke insta-curdles the milk. It turns into horrid little clumps.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149800 on: January 29, 2020, 08:36:48 pm »

According to the internet, the phosphoric acid in coke insta-curdles the milk. It turns into horrid little clumps.
Thank you for clarifying

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #149801 on: January 29, 2020, 09:54:20 pm »

Huh. Looks like some sodas don't have that, actually? Maybe root beer, which occasionally isn't even carbonated. You might be able to work milk in there somehow. You definitely can ice cream, so...

Though yeah, coke as a specific term referring to coca-cola (as opposed to a more generic usage you see sometimes), probably not. Flat sounds like it might not be as acidic, so... maybe if you boiled it for a while or added something to neutralize before putting in the milk. Lot of effort for milky cola, though.

You could totally have your bubble tea coke all the time, tho'. Just have to put in the money and effort for it :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149802 on: January 30, 2020, 06:06:33 pm »

Mom's vehicle broke down. Brake fluid was leaking out of something. Just caps off an already shitty day.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #149803 on: January 30, 2020, 09:24:55 pm »

Why do people say "consume product" like it's such a hot burn? It's usually said in response to controversial new developments in old franchises. If people think that Star Wars, Pokemon, Disney etc. weren't shrewd, money-grubbing corporate enterprises from their very beginnings, they're kidding themselves.

Or do people honestly think that the deluge of plushies, Funkos, action figures, trading cards, video games, model kits, spinoffs, marketing team-ups, theme park rides and crossover deals that follow any large franchise ever come solely from the sanctity of artistic vision?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 09:27:25 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #149804 on: January 30, 2020, 11:05:36 pm »

So you’re saying we should... don’t ask questions
And consume product?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 9985 9986 [9987] 9988 9989 ... 10983