Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9999 10000 [10001] 10002 10003 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13166664 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #150000 on: February 11, 2020, 01:55:54 pm »

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #150001 on: February 11, 2020, 01:57:00 pm »

"You are waylaid by Dale Imhotep and his maniacal rolling sarcophagus of disemboweling! Roll for initiative!"
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #150002 on: February 11, 2020, 02:05:32 pm »

He's made a junior high/high school game that, true to form, is essentially just a reskin of Hard Time (which is itself a reskin of Wrestling Revolution).

Wow

Wow

That sounds like a big must play

Is the wrestling mask still available for faces like in that Hard Time let's play video?
Everything. Everything is there. The wrestling ring from Wrestling Revolution, the courtroom from Hard Time (*ahem*, the "Principal's Office"), the prison jumpsuits, random bundles of dynamite, unisex free-for-all-brawl toilets, it's all there.

MDickie games never remove content, they merely add a new layer of paint on top of the previous abomination.

EDIT: HE MADE A FUCKING SUPERHERO GAME ON THE SAME ENGINE

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #150003 on: February 11, 2020, 05:18:13 pm »

Apparently the "rolling sarcophagus" incident hasn't ever been mentioned on Bay12?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/gm-powerpoint_n_5340385?ri18n=true

General Motors was facing penalties for safety problems which may have killed several hundred people, and they put out a memo to staff of phrases to avoid, which the government prosecutors then leaked as part of the evidence against GM. Apparently it's not ok to refer to GM cars as the Widow Maker or the Rolling Sarcophagus among many other things, or to talk about impaling, disembowling or decapitation. The best bit is that someone must have actually called the cars a Rolling Sarcophagus so they had to add that to the list.

The whole list is awesome actually. You could use it to design flavor text for critical hits in a grimdark RPG. Here's the full list of banned words at General Motors:

always, annihilate, apocalyptic, asphyxiating, bad, Band-Aid, big time, brakes like an “X” car, cataclysmic, catastrophic, Challenger, chaotic, Cobain, condemns, Corvair-like, crippling, critical, dangerous, deathtrap, debilitating, decapitating, defect, defective, detonate, disemboweling, enfeebling, evil, eviscerated, explode, failed, flawed, genocide, ghastly, grenadelike, grisly, gruesome, Hindenburg, Hobbling, Horrific, impaling, inferno, Kevorkianesque, lacerating, life-threatening, maiming, malicious, mangling, maniacal, mutilating, never, potentially-disfiguring, powder keg, problem, rolling sarcophagus (tomb or coffin), safety, safety related, serious, spontaneous combustion, startling, suffocating, suicidal, terrifying, Titanic, unstable, widow-maker, words or phrases with a biblical connotation, you’re toast

"Always"

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #150004 on: February 11, 2020, 06:01:29 pm »

He's made a junior high/high school game that, true to form, is essentially just a reskin of Hard Time

I mean would he need to even change anything really
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150005 on: February 12, 2020, 08:50:17 am »

always, annihilate, apocalyptic, asphyxiating, bad, Band-Aid, big time, brakes like an “X” car, cataclysmic, catastrophic, Challenger, chaotic, Cobain, condemns, Corvair-like, crippling, critical, dangerous, deathtrap, debilitating, decapitating, defect, defective, detonate, disemboweling, enfeebling, evil, eviscerated, explode, failed, flawed, genocide, ghastly, grenadelike, grisly, gruesome, Hindenburg, Hobbling, Horrific, impaling, inferno, Kevorkianesque, lacerating, life-threatening, maiming, malicious, mangling, maniacal, mutilating, never, potentially-disfiguring, powder keg, problem, rolling sarcophagus (tomb or coffin), safety, safety related, serious, spontaneous combustion, startling, suffocating, suicidal, terrifying, Titanic, unstable, widow-maker, words or phrases with a biblical connotation, you’re toast

"Always"

bad.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150006 on: February 12, 2020, 08:59:54 am »

"Always"

bad.
Decapitating

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150007 on: February 12, 2020, 09:06:27 am »

I am reminded of the license that Crockford use[ds] on seemingly all of his Javascript stuff - "this must be used for good and not evil" - and the fact that IBM asked for an exemption.

The result of that was "I give permission for IBM to use JSLint for evil."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150008 on: February 12, 2020, 10:13:01 am »

What's JSLint? Why is IBM allowed to use a thing for evil?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #150009 on: February 12, 2020, 10:21:08 am »

Lint is found in your belly button
JSLint is Javascript found in your belly button
Why does IBM use it for evil? BECAUSE IBM WORKED WITH THE NAZIS
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150012 on: February 12, 2020, 05:54:52 pm »

I'm playing through Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, and I get to the part where:

Spoiler: some spoilers (click to show/hide)

...That was a pretty awkward scene to come up without warning while I'm riding home with my mom and sister. Of course, they didn't notice, since they were too busy talking about how victimized they are by the existence of transgender people.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #150013 on: February 12, 2020, 06:07:38 pm »

too busy talking about how victimized they are by the existence of transgender people.
Ah, lovely... It's amazing just how dangerous and threatening some people can be by just existing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #150014 on: February 12, 2020, 07:15:14 pm »

Wisdom of the day: Ain't nobody happy about havin' to take a pressure washer to a dog's ass.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 9999 10000 [10001] 10002 10003 ... 10983