Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10006 10007 [10008] 10009 10010 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13164136 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #150105 on: February 14, 2020, 11:28:17 pm »

What is with the escalation of "LED running lights on new cars aren't bright enough, let's put even more high-color-temp solar flares up there"?

What's with the taillights that flash whenever a stiff breeze hits the break pedal?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #150106 on: February 14, 2020, 11:43:55 pm »

What is with the escalation of "LED running lights on new cars aren't bright enough, let's put even more high-color-temp solar flares up there"?

What's with the taillights that flash whenever a stiff breeze hits the break pedal?

Lets folk know when you intend to slow down.

I like being able to see when I’m driving at night, which is made challenging when someone, usually in a pickup, decides they like the look of my tailpipe so much they want to get as much detail as possible and drive really close, in so doing blinding me from the driver’s-side wing mirror and rear-view mirror simultaneously, almost as bad as someone driving toward me with their brights on, forcing me to navigate my car solely from the white lines on the very right hand side of the road!

I dislike muchly.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150107 on: February 15, 2020, 12:00:12 am »

Headlamps are designed to angle the light downward, to avoid that very problem.

The issue is just with people that have an existential crisis when somebody is on the road ahead of them, and are compelled to tailgate at any speed.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #150108 on: February 15, 2020, 12:35:17 am »

Since when the hell were headlamps meaningfully angled downward? If that was ever the intention shit has gone way the blazes astray :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150109 on: February 15, 2020, 12:41:44 am »

Seriously, They are supposed to be angled downward.

The issue is morons with existential crises, who just cannot handle people being in front of them on the road.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #150110 on: February 15, 2020, 01:18:13 am »

Also, you're supposed to angle them asymmetrically: the road-side (left in countries with right-hand traffic) should be angled lower, specifically so as to be less blinding to oncoming traffic.

And yes, you should stay four seconds behind the car in front of you. Not four meters; four seconds. As in if the car were to suddenly crash into a concrete wall, it would take you four seconds to hit it, even when your current speed is taken into account. The point is that that time should be enough for you both to react (it might take you well over a second before you even start braking) and to stop your car.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #150111 on: February 15, 2020, 04:33:31 am »

Easy heuristic, incidentally: At 55, that four second gap is roughly the distance between two telephone/power poles. Far as I've noticed that's a fairly standard spacing across most of the US, so...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150112 on: February 15, 2020, 07:52:35 am »

I was on R/mahjong and was notified of this Chinese tweet:

https://twitter.com/Onebtcer/status/1227977883081043968

It's just nutty to me how quickly it breaks into mayhem cause of some guys' playing mahjong. The guys on the reddit told me it was cause people breaking quarantine to play some mahjong, but I can't read Chinese to verify that myself, and Google Translate is really shoddy.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #150113 on: February 15, 2020, 07:55:50 am »

The problem with headlight glare is that twits insist on having hi/long-beams on at all times, which is 100% dick driving. Things should be on only when there's no cars in front of you, in yours or in the incoming lanes.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TheSteppeWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Надад чонын сэтгэл байна
    • View Profile
« Reply #150114 on: February 15, 2020, 09:34:29 am »

Just... why? It's symbolic but it looks like it was designed by a hippie on acid.

This one is better IMO.
Those who stomp on Mongolian land, will leave their lives on Mongolian doorstep.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #150115 on: February 15, 2020, 09:43:36 am »

Who exactly was the mushroom guy? I'm a bit confused, I might not remember him or I wasn't here when the original(?) did his thing.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #150116 on: February 15, 2020, 09:50:21 am »

The older one does look like a great flag for Uno.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #150117 on: February 15, 2020, 09:52:06 am »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #150118 on: February 15, 2020, 09:55:12 am »

Who exactly was the mushroom guy? I'm a bit confused, I might not remember him or I wasn't here when the original(?) did his thing.

A user a few months ago, Wizard of Manaia I think, who started a nonsensical thread about the divine powers of mushrooms and insisted that no, this other user didn't need antidepressants, just 'shrooms. You were definitely around at the time, unless there's an older one I don't know about.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #150119 on: February 15, 2020, 10:02:53 am »

I wonder if he's related to the "important message" guy. He posted a thread that consisted of total word salad and what appears to be a secret code. Nothing about shrooms though so it might have been an unrelated troll.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 10:05:13 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?
Pages: 1 ... 10006 10007 [10008] 10009 10010 ... 10983