Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10007 10008 [10009] 10010 10011 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13170019 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #150120 on: February 15, 2020, 11:40:16 am »

we should be blessed that our little corner of the interwebs is on the troll's agenda
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #150121 on: February 15, 2020, 11:43:29 am »

The original post is in the adventure mode board. He was/is a really bizarre version of Pathos, what with all the sockpuppets he made/makes.

"Open your third eye, man, like, man... We're all, like, Pathos, dude"

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150122 on: February 15, 2020, 12:34:06 pm »

The problem with headlight glare is that twits insist on having hi/long-beams on at all times, which is 100% dick driving. Things should be on only when there's no cars in front of you, in yours or in the incoming lanes.
No, even low beams are now extremely bright.  LED lights, HID, etc. are all way hotter in the color spectrum ("whiter" color) than car lights used to be.  This is especially bad/disruptive for human night vision.

Also some of the new cars' daytime running lights (the annoying solid LED band type around or through the middle of the light bezel) are starting to be retina-damaging as well.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150123 on: February 15, 2020, 01:19:53 pm »

Made pizza

I like garlic powder on my pizza

go for garlic powder

tilt it halfway

realize it is heavier than it should be

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #150124 on: February 15, 2020, 01:45:12 pm »

Hell, it could be there just to put out fires. We have a thing or two like that specifically to pour on pan fires or whatever if they light up.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #150125 on: February 15, 2020, 01:46:45 pm »

I put salt on pizza.

But I put salt on almost all my food, so...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150126 on: February 15, 2020, 04:48:04 pm »

My touchpad on my laptop is suddenly reverting to two-finger scrolling in the opposite direction I have it configured every time I wake the laptop from sleep.

I have to disable and re-enable the touchpad after waking to get my preferred settings to take effect.

I can only suspect that there was an update I didn't want that was applied when I finally shut down my computer (instead of sleeping) last night because another feature (function key to change brightness) quit working, and usually a reboot fixes that too.

How is stuff like this even possible? And what about a touchpad driver would ever need updating in the first place?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #150127 on: February 15, 2020, 06:37:44 pm »

Microsoft, Apple, and Alphabet appreciate the consent and cooperation you have given in the quest for a greater understanding of your habits and lifestyle.

You see, they have determined that the optimal way to use your device is like this.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheSteppeWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Надад чонын сэтгэл байна
    • View Profile
« Reply #150128 on: February 16, 2020, 07:57:34 am »

I've been reading though the posts of the accounts talking about mushrooms, and, well, they made me much less likely to ever try out recreational drugs of any kind. I don't want to become... that.
Those who stomp on Mongolian land, will leave their lives on Mongolian doorstep.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150129 on: February 16, 2020, 08:08:00 am »

www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2016/05/time-coca-cola-tried-sell-bottled-tap-water-england-hilarity-ensued/

Things continued to go wrong for Coke when they launched their online marketing campaign and began advertising Dasani as being “full of spunk”, “Bottled spunk”, and that you “Can’t live without spunk“, causing even more widespread mockery from the public and media. You see, in the UK, spunk is slang for semen… This was even more humourous given that many of the advertising images featured models, who apparently never learned to drink water properly, splashing Dasani all over their faces. Coca-Cola also insisted in their marketing that this particular “spunk” was something you can “enjoy… at home, at the gym, at work and in between” and that it is “vitally refreshing and abundantly available” and is a “way of everyday life”.

A Coca-Cola representative, Judith Snyder, shot back, saying that the “source of the water was irrelevant”, once again citing their purification process that they insisted made the water taste better. The media again pounced on this claim, eventually finding that in blind taste tests, members of the public generally couldn’t distinguish between Dasani and tap water from Thames Water when served at the same temperatures and in the same type of cups.

Unfortunately, the process they used to filter the water actually left it filled with about double the legal amount (10 micrograms per litre) of a potential cancer causing compound, bromate.

Shortly after illegal levels of bromate were found in Dasani, a spokesman for the Drinking Water Inspectorate released a statement noting that Thames water supply – the place Dasani was sourced from – contained no bromate whatsoever.

So where did it come from?

It was eventually determined that during the final stage of the purification process used to produce Dasani, when ozone is used to sterilize the water, the small amount of naturally occurring bromide (an essentially trace element for humans) contained within the tap water reacted with the ozone to produce the suspected carcinogen, bromate.

The result was that Coke recalled over a half a million bottles of Dasani and the Food Standards Agency advised people who had already purchased Dasani not to drink it, though also noting the levels of bromate in Dasani, while well above the legal limit, did not pose any immediate health risk.

So, not only did Coca Cola promote their bottled water in England with adverts with women splashing jizz on their faces, they added illegal levels of carcinogens to perfectly good tap water, a process that was supposed to, but failed to, make it tastier.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 08:12:43 am by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #150130 on: February 16, 2020, 08:37:00 am »

Had a somewhat curious interaction last night... Was out with a few friends, everyone sitting around a table in the middle of the pub.

The gals I'd gone out with have a tendency to go for slightly racier/flashier outfits that show a fair deal of skin, because they like playing dress-up and feel safe in that bar what with knowing all the bartenders/bouncers and such. Unfortunately, this choice of clothing does occasionally attract some odd sorts when we're out on the town, and such was the case this time around too.

A British gentleman in a baseball cap was out with a friend of his, and overheard us speaking in English... At which point he latched onto the one friend and just started yammering on and on. Said friend really doesn't like confrontations and had had a bit to drink by that point, so she was just kind of timidly sitting there while this dork kept trying to talk himself up and only managing to be a boorish, sexist twatknuckle. Absolutely was not taking any of the hints that she didn't want to be part of this conversation. My other, considerably less battle-shy friend, eventually piped up and told him to kindly fuck off and leave the both of them alone, but he wasn't taking that hint either.

After this had been going on for a while and he was showing absolutely no signs of leaving, I stood up and walked over to the chap. Standing a good head taller than him, I just leaned my arm on his shoulder and said hi with one of my most charming smiles.

"Uh... Hello.", then to my friend: "Is he your friend? (Yes) Is he your bodyguard? (No)",  back to me: "So what the fuck do you want?"

"I'm just wondering if you may have overstayed your welcome."

He apologizes and leaves for the bar in a hurry. I go back to my seat, and haven't even sat down yet before he's back to talking the ear off my friend, apparently one of those "long goodbyes" kind of folks. I wait and see if he's going to try sticking around, but now the rest of the table is getting in on telling this guy to piss off, so he eventually retreats back to the bar... Where he starts loudly whining to his friend about "This big scary fuck sat over there". We get a moment of peace.

Then my friend goes outside for a smoke break, and as soon as she's outside he comes back to now lean over the other friend (who'd told him to fuck off earlier) and say a few words to me/us. Talking about oh, he'd been working there for a year, and this was his one day off in a year and he needed to go out and unwind and he's English so they do things differently from Norwegians and if he'd overstepped any boundaries he was very sorry...

"...but I don't need some pussy coming over and touching me! Completely unnecessary for this pussy to go and physically touch my person!"

I just start grinning at this galaxy-brained individual (who had been pawing my friends the whole time he was chatting them up), and he packs his closing statement up and goes back to probably tell his friend how much he was getting bullied again. However, by this point the bar manager (who just happened to be sitting at our table) has had well enough of these two so she calls the bouncer over to encourage them to leave. So of course the guy now has to try and start arguing with the security that he should be allowed to stay... Which was about as successful as one would expect.

After they were (finally, finally) convinced to go, the bouncer (who is another friend of mine, because apparently we know everyone working at the pubs in this town) came over to me and said "I fucking love you man" and gave me a hug. He'd apparently been tickled pink by my interaction with the fellow.

Oh yeah, and apparently the annoying guy's parting comment to the bouncer was that he was going to come back some other time "with backup". Because that's definitely how you endear yourself to the staff.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150131 on: February 16, 2020, 08:50:13 am »

Adventures of Motherfuckin' Kagus over here. Time to start that bestselling book.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150132 on: February 16, 2020, 09:53:50 am »

In other non-Kagus-rad-level of awesome news, yesternigth (last nigth) I dreamed of Robin Williams, the comedian. I left him in and a little girl, his daugther I guess, at the airport (the one of my city). He was kinda my uncle or something, I was very sad for them leaving. This was just before waking up, after that I just kinda remained sad and after a moment's became sadder because I remembered he's dead for real. WTF?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #150133 on: February 16, 2020, 11:05:12 am »

In other non-Kagus-rad-level of awesome news, yesternigth (last nigth) I dreamed of Robin Williams, the comedian. I left him in and a little girl, his daugther I guess, at the airport (the one of my city). He was kinda my uncle or something, I was very sad for them leaving. This was just before waking up, after that I just kinda remained sad and after a moment's became sadder because I remembered he's dead for real. WTF?

smile my boy, it's sunrise
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150134 on: February 16, 2020, 12:11:12 pm »

Can't do sir, now Peter Pan is on the tv and well, depression sure sucks.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 10007 10008 [10009] 10010 10011 ... 10983