Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10011 10012 [10013] 10014 10015 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998475 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #150180 on: February 19, 2020, 02:29:49 pm »

Apparently, there's surgery to unbreak the hymen of women so that they can count as a virgin again.
Do people not understand having an unbroken hymen and being a virgin are a correlation, not an equation?

No, they do not understand pretty much anything that is biology-related. Or physics, math, etc.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150181 on: February 19, 2020, 02:31:24 pm »

Apparently, there's surgery to unbreak the hymen of women so that they can count as a virgin again.
Do people not understand having an unbroken hymen and being a virgin are a correlation, not an equation?

I suppose you could say the same thing about breast implants (or any other kind of cosmetic surgery) in the pursuit for greater attractiveness. That the physical portion being modified is correlated to attractiveness, but ultimately not the cause.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #150182 on: February 19, 2020, 02:35:10 pm »

I suppose you could say the same thing about breast implants (or any other kind of cosmetic surgery) in the pursuit for greater attractiveness. That the physical portion being modified is correlated to attractiveness, but ultimately not the cause.
Do people go around glancing at other people's hymens, because otherwise I'm not getting the similarity.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #150183 on: February 19, 2020, 02:45:47 pm »

Certain people don't understand that it's a correlation, and take "virginity" very seriously.  Some people may have broken hymens (for one of the many reasons that can happen) and want to appease such backward people.

It's not a common test, but it can be a very important test for some people.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150184 on: February 19, 2020, 02:48:18 pm »

From what I have read is more a con thing than to being or feeling "virgin again". Is used as a way to deceive the future husband that the bride haven't had sex with anyone before.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150185 on: February 19, 2020, 03:04:50 pm »

I'm sure this discussion is going to go off the rails, but you probably shouldn't be deceiving your impending spouse about something you know is a huge hang up or a deal-breaker for them in regards to getting married. Just be like hey, I ain't a virgin, if that's a problem, we don't need to be together. Also, you might be sort of a dick for caring so much about that, but anyway goodbye.

Unless this is one of those "oh you're not a virgin well I guess we kill you now" cultures. Pretend hymens save lives.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 04:23:14 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #150186 on: February 19, 2020, 03:49:14 pm »

Yeah, unless it's a matter of life and death, don't lie to your spouse.
A marriage where you feel the need to lie to your spouse is probably not a healthy one.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #150187 on: February 19, 2020, 05:00:47 pm »

Businesses that require online applications through their websites. And their websites/application processes are always so bad. Just awful. They will drop your connection in the middle of filling out applications, not save your login information or applications successfully so you can't go back and find it again, require filling out additional surveys through third-party websites that require registration. They often require you to fill in the same information multiple times. How the fuck do they expect to fill these positions if their websites they require you to apply through dont fucking work!?

And the baby will not sleep. It's nap time and he is in his crib in the room next to me with this paper thin wall between us just SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS because mom isn't there. Only wants mom, nobody else can comfort him. Why cannot baby sleep on his own? Why must you scream while uncle is trying to workwasting hours on applications that are disappearing into the ether?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #150188 on: February 19, 2020, 05:13:12 pm »

I cry when I can’t suckle boob, too.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150189 on: February 19, 2020, 05:54:02 pm »

Businesses that require online applications through their websites. And their websites/application processes are always so bad. Just awful. They will drop your connection in the middle of filling out applications, not save your login information or applications successfully so you can't go back and find it again, require filling out additional surveys through third-party websites that require registration. They often require you to fill in the same information multiple times. How the fuck do they expect to fill these positions if their websites they require you to apply through dont fucking work!?

And the baby will not sleep. It's nap time and he is in his crib in the room next to me with this paper thin wall between us just SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS because mom isn't there. Only wants mom, nobody else can comfort him. Why cannot baby sleep on his own? Why must you scream while uncle is trying to workwasting hours on applications that are disappearing into the ether?

colic baby? those are tough times, but it will pass. 

re: website sucks. 
I usually have notepad++ with answers that I copy and paste from. 

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150190 on: February 19, 2020, 06:03:08 pm »

Colic newborn was the goddam worst thing that we've ever dealt with.

Sometimes we just had to literally hold him and comfort him for hours until he went to sleep.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #150191 on: February 19, 2020, 06:15:48 pm »

You can buy vibrating baby rockers! I think it's been shown that they've got some side effects that aren'tnt the best for kids, but it would immediately quiet down my friend's kid when she was colicky.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150192 on: February 19, 2020, 06:24:44 pm »

Yeah, unless it's a matter of life and death, don't lie to your spouse.

Life and death, or if it's really funny.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150193 on: February 19, 2020, 06:42:58 pm »

Do people go around glancing at other people's hymens, because otherwise I'm not getting the similarity.

I think the point of that surgery is that they're going to get married so they get that wedding-night experience as if it's their first time. And obviously if you just got surgery you're not going to use it for a while so the experience would be heightened. I guess it's possible they could be lying to their new partner about being a virgin, but really who cares? They're free to lie about that and it's nobody else's business. Lying about being a virgin implies they're planning to be their for the longterm, people don't lie about being a virgin for casual sex.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 06:46:38 pm by Reelya »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150194 on: February 19, 2020, 06:52:31 pm »

You can buy vibrating baby rockers! I think it's been shown that they've got some side effects that aren'tnt the best for kids, but it would immediately quiet down my friend's kid when she was colicky.

My kid absolutely loved his little vibrating buggy. He got pissed as hell when he outgrew it, though.
Pages: 1 ... 10011 10012 [10013] 10014 10015 ... 10974