Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10033 10034 [10035] 10036 10037 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13167717 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #150510 on: March 17, 2020, 06:50:50 pm »

Steam notified me that someone had commented on a review I wrote. So as is my habit I went back over my reviews and re-read them.

And when I looked at the most popular review I've written, for Lone Wolf HD Remastered, I was curious if it showed near the top of negative reviews since I think it's the most reacted to review for the game.

That's when I see it.

"There are no reviews for this product."

"You can make your own review visible publicly to show it here."

"View and Edit your review."

On the store page along the right side it says "No User Reviews."

I seem to recall Steam saying they were going to mess with reviews to combat reactionary review bombing and giving a more even score over time to games.....but this is not that. There were plenty of reviews for this game.

And of course fucking CURATORS still get a link to what they said and felt.

Other games seem fine. But it makes me wonder exactly what happened to Lone Wolf HD Remastered.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 06:57:09 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #150511 on: March 17, 2020, 07:00:17 pm »

Another fine reason to not use steam.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150512 on: March 17, 2020, 08:14:39 pm »

There's a hand gesture, possibly from fantasy media, that I don't remember the origin of and it's driving me crazy. I remember it being sort of like the Vulkan salute but a bit different. All fingers are outstretched but only the ring and middle fingers are touching one another.

I think you’re talking about the Loyolan gesture. It first appeared in a bunch of renaissance paintings, but nobody actually understands what it means. It’s just one of those mysteries that are still driving people crazy.

Here’s a link to a scientific paper about it. It’s got pictures! It isn’t obvious in the first few but it gets blatant quickly.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150513 on: March 17, 2020, 08:26:38 pm »

I think you’re talking about the Loyolan gesture.

That's it! Thanks!

What's interesting to me is that I'm uncultured swine when it comes to art so I must have just picked up a reference in some fantasy work. These memories were triggered yesterday by a low res image in a crappy tabletop RPG that no one has heard of as well, which is a weird way to flex your artistic chops.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 08:35:06 pm by Mephisto »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150514 on: March 17, 2020, 08:49:51 pm »

There is a board game called Key to the Kingdom, which has a folded board and portals. (Your talk about a little known RPG game is what made me think of this, it was found in a garage sale)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #150515 on: March 17, 2020, 08:59:17 pm »

And cards that represtented items, such as food, keys, rope, and et al?  And monster cards that were drawn for bosses?  Who had weaknesses to items combinations?  And even hazards like a well you could fall into?  Game was the tops!!!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #150516 on: March 17, 2020, 09:05:01 pm »

I did not know Lone Wolf had a game.

There was a website that was working on putting the books (and another Joe Dever title) online so you could play through them, and I got through quite a few of them before hitting a wall in like... book nine or something.

Haven’t looked the site up in years, but they had all the LW ones and the first book at least of the post-apocalyptic Mad Max thing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150517 on: March 17, 2020, 09:09:40 pm »

Lone Wolf has a mobile app! It's called the Lone Wolf Saga, and is very good.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #150518 on: March 17, 2020, 10:48:22 pm »

I did not know Lone Wolf had a game.

There was a website that was working on putting the books (and another Joe Dever title) online so you could play through them, and I got through quite a few of them before hitting a wall in like... book nine or something.

Haven’t looked the site up in years, but they had all the LW ones and the first book at least of the post-apocalyptic Mad Max thing.

Yeah I'm pretty familiar with that stuff.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150519 on: March 18, 2020, 02:28:20 am »

I have several of those lone wolf books, but I haven't read them yet, are they any good?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #150520 on: March 18, 2020, 03:01:11 am »

So, it looks like my Master Chief Collection on Xbox Game Pass got borked in a spectacular way: the Xbox app tells me it's installed on the SSD, but when I click Play, it doesn't do anything, because the game is *actually not* installed. I can't "uninstall" and redownload it either, because there's zero reaction, so I have Schrodinger's MCC! And all that happened because the Xbox app wanted me to update it.

And that's how I got cockblocked during a nostalgia trip.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150521 on: March 18, 2020, 03:04:35 am »

You can use PowerShell to manually remove MCC from the list of installed Windows apps.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #150522 on: March 18, 2020, 03:38:58 am »

You can use PowerShell to manually remove MCC from the list of installed Windows apps.

I did just that, and the reinstall has gone extremely quick, not even joking. It was somewhere in the 100-135 MB/s download speed! Probably some leftover (pre?) cache files that caused it to reinstall this quickly.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #150523 on: March 18, 2020, 05:18:12 am »

For shits and giggles, I decided to run The Outer Worlds on my old PC, just to see how it'd handle it.

Apparently, really, really poorly. BSODs, lots of them. The first one, soon after starting the game was ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY, the second one, after reboot, was MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, then I lost count. There was a KMODE_EXCEPTION somewhere in there.

Attempting to reinstall Windows from a USB stick does the impossible and bluescreens during install. Cursory searching indicates that faulty RAM might be the culprit. If that is the case, I'm impressed that it held up this long before just completely shitting the bed.

Edit: "Test has aborted due to too many errors" -- MemTest86
Edit 2: Reseating the RAM seems to fix the issue; it's not failing catastrophically, at least. I'm not too concerned now, I'm more concerned about the next guy who's gonna own this thing, and if the RAM unseats itself like this again, he might not know to reseat the RAM. Then again, the GPU in this thing (a Radeon R7 200 series) has a major crash bug, something related to the audio-over-HDMI driver.

Edit 3: Reinstalled Windows. Thankfully, the product key from last install was detected, so I don't have to buy another one.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 06:31:52 am by methylatedspirit »

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150524 on: March 18, 2020, 10:07:23 am »

At the begining of the whole CoViD-19 thing, my country forbade selling surgical masks to non-medics.
Later, many shops were closed, among them clothes shops.

Today, I found out that from tomorrow, I need to wear a mask or a scarf. I only have 4 dust protection masks, which are really not going to help, and no scarves, as I do not wear them normaly.

I guess I will have to craft something.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.
Pages: 1 ... 10033 10034 [10035] 10036 10037 ... 10983