Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10034 10035 [10036] 10037 10038 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13001225 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #150525 on: March 18, 2020, 10:25:46 am »

I have several of those lone wolf books, but I haven't read them yet, are they any good?

They're a cornerstone of my childhood. Great adventure, good art, interesting game mechanics. If you wanna get inspired, go read the thread I created.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150526 on: March 18, 2020, 03:32:33 pm »

At the begining of the whole CoViD-19 thing, my country forbade selling surgical masks to non-medics.
Later, many shops were closed, among them clothes shops.

Today, I found out that from tomorrow, I need to wear a mask or a scarf. I only have 4 dust protection masks, which are really not going to help, and no scarves, as I do not wear them normaly.

I guess I will have to craft something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddPiyl63gXE It's probably as good as a dust mask.

It's BS for someone to require something without providing at least a way of getting that thing.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150527 on: March 19, 2020, 06:37:12 am »

At the begining of the whole CoViD-19 thing, my country forbade selling surgical masks to non-medics.
Later, many shops were closed, among them clothes shops.

Today, I found out that from tomorrow, I need to wear a mask or a scarf. I only have 4 dust protection masks, which are really not going to help, and no scarves, as I do not wear them normaly.

I guess I will have to craft something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddPiyl63gXE It's probably as good as a dust mask.

It's BS for someone to require something without providing at least a way of getting that thing.
Nice. Now where do I get a bra? Clothing shops are closed and I do not have those either. Not much point having bras, when I am a man.
I found I had more dust masks, but since they seem to be made out of paper, they can't really be washed.
I just made a kerchief out of some cloth.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150528 on: March 19, 2020, 07:00:47 am »

Couldn't you just wear all the dustmasks at the same time to get close to a proper mask?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #150529 on: March 19, 2020, 07:04:05 am »

bandana honestly seems like a good enough solution.  A damp one is supposed to be pretty good as far as improvised masks are concerned.

be a cowboy!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150530 on: March 19, 2020, 07:15:20 am »

Couldn't you just wear all the dustmasks at the same time to get close to a proper mask?
I could. I just would not be able to clean them afterward. Without knowledge of how long this situation will last, that does not seem like a good idea.

I cowboy it is.  :) (Without involving any cows.)
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150531 on: March 19, 2020, 08:41:36 am »

I could. I just would not be able to clean them afterward. Without knowledge of how long this situation will last, that does not seem like a good idea.

I cowboy it is.  :) (Without involving any cows.)
Bandanaboy

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150532 on: March 19, 2020, 08:58:16 am »

The WHO says you only need one if you're taking care of a sick person or if you yourself are coughing or sneezing. Scarves would be... somewhat less effective.

This must be the health version of security theater.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #150533 on: March 19, 2020, 09:03:14 am »

Nah, it also protects people around you from your spit if you are an asymptomatic spreader.

We spit spit and mucus around us sometimes just by talking and breathing you see. Giddying up means the bandana stops those. Well, hinders them a little bit, at least. It's an appropriately small action to take for somebody not displaying huge signs of being ill.
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150534 on: March 19, 2020, 09:49:29 am »

Nah, it also protects people around you from your spit if you are an asymptomatic spreader.

We spit spit and mucus around us sometimes just by talking and breathing you see. Giddying up means the bandana stops those. Well, hinders them a little bit, at least. It's an appropriately small action to take for somebody not displaying huge signs of being ill.

Also, it stops you from touching your face every 10 seconds.

Also, if you have the stuff for sewing, and it's not real hot where you are, a homemade balaclava is probably a good way to go.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150535 on: March 19, 2020, 10:04:45 am »

Unrelated, I threw a record on earlier to facilitate work. I had to remove my 45 adapter to do so but this did not register in my distracted mind. On goes the BTO vinyl.

Hearing a lady sing a bright and chipper version of Average Man was when I realized my mistake.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150536 on: March 19, 2020, 12:19:03 pm »

Unrelated, I threw a record on earlier to facilitate work. I had to remove my 45 adapter to do so but this did not register in my distracted mind. On goes the BTO vinyl.

Hearing a lady sing a bright and chipper version of Average Man was when I realized my mistake accidental good fortune.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150537 on: March 19, 2020, 11:16:02 pm »

Hearing a lady sing a bright and chipper version of Average Man was when I realized my mistake.
Sounds like it would turn out like this: Tim Akkerman singing Nemo by Nightwish for Floor Jansen

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #150538 on: March 20, 2020, 11:21:12 am »

Why the fuck is 'Daddy' a sexual word? Are these people pretending to have incest with their fathers?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #150539 on: March 20, 2020, 11:24:06 am »

It's a long story, but in short: mostly no.
Pages: 1 ... 10034 10035 [10036] 10037 10038 ... 10974