Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10040 10041 [10042] 10043 10044 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13183404 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #150615 on: March 24, 2020, 10:24:49 pm »

Anyone having a weird issue with youtube where it marks every watched video as if you've only watched the first couple of seconds, even if you watched it to completion or halfway? Makes it a bitch to resume videos at a later point because it always puts me at the start of the video, not where I left off.

When I go to a video from my watch history it remembers my progress about 70% of the time. The other 30% it acts as if I either finished it or never started.

I miss when the home page had a "keep watching" section of some of my half-finished videos.

The home page has been useless to me for a long time now. It just shows whatever's "trending" at the moment, a bit of news, and maybe one or two videos I already have open in another tab. I just go straight to my sub feed and pretend nothing else exists.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #150616 on: March 24, 2020, 10:51:12 pm »

Youre confused.

You arent the hivemind, youre part of it.  As a client and junior in this great hive mind, none of us have the mind of pathos.  It is a amalgamation of all our minds, and cannot be represented as just one.

You just havent accepted the Many as your lord and savior yet.

You cannot resist the will of the Pathos Makyr, for you are the one who was meant to enforce it

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150617 on: March 24, 2020, 10:55:01 pm »

Youre confused.

You arent the hivemind, youre part of it.  As a client and junior in this great hive mind, none of us have the mind of pathos.  It is a amalgamation of all our minds, and cannot be represented as just one.

You just havent accepted the Many as your lord and savior yet.

You cannot resist the will of the Pathos Makyr, for you are the one who was meant to enforce it
I appreciate this.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #150618 on: March 24, 2020, 11:19:22 pm »

You sure you not a Phatos alt Eschar?
In a time before time, I had a name.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150619 on: March 24, 2020, 11:36:36 pm »

You sure you aren't an Eschar alt Magistrum?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150620 on: March 25, 2020, 12:09:08 am »

You sure you aren't an Eschar alt Magistrum?

Fools! We are *ALL* Pathos!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150621 on: March 25, 2020, 02:10:04 am »

I am not pathos. I am logos.
I want not your emotions, I want reasoning.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #150622 on: March 25, 2020, 02:12:41 am »

Behold, for I am Ethos.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #150623 on: March 25, 2020, 03:08:39 am »

Me; I am Discotekos
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150624 on: March 25, 2020, 03:11:48 am »

I'm Spartacus.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150625 on: March 25, 2020, 05:45:08 am »

Just bore witness to two animal mating procedures in my back garden.

Firstly saw two starlings, one was sort of squatting with it's wings out and it's tail lifted as the other pecked it's cloaca. It's a process some male birds do to induce the female to eject any sperm from other males.

Then I saw four toads locked together in amplexus in the pond. Amplexus is when a male frog/toad latches onto the female's back and holds on until she releases her eggs so the male can fertilise them. Two toads were stacked onto the females back, one was clinging to her front upside down.

Considering I've been awake for less than twenty minutes this is an unusual start to my day.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150626 on: March 25, 2020, 06:00:13 am »

I started playing the free trial for FF14, the online one, recently. It's been a long long time since I've indulged in any kind of MMO. Really anesthetizes my brain with the endless loop of task->reward->new task->new, slightly better reward; onward and so forth. Even if the tasks are so easy and trivial as to be actually insulting, my brain appreciates being told what to do, and so obliges happily.

The illusion of doing things alongside other people doesn't hurt either in this lonely world I live in; though there doesn't seem to be much of anyone talking to anyone. The last MMO I played was oldschool Runescape more than a decade ago, and that had people yelling all the time, to everyone and noone; FF14 just seems to give people common meeting places, but no real reason to talk to eachother. Like real life, people having common meeting places like stores, but not actually interacting, just coincidentally being in eachother's proximity until the necessity of being in that location is satisfied. In the dungeon raids you can sign up for and where you're actually part of a team, still no communication of any kind. Everyone's role is rigidly defined, there's no question at all of what anyone should be doing, so you and everyone just do their role, idly marching from one group of mobs to the next in meticulous order, until you get to the boss, but he's basically just a bigger mob that takes longer to kill, and afterwards the loot RNG determines who gets rewarded, and then everyone departs wordlessly.

I did really like fishing atleast, it's the most honest about the skinner-box-reality that the MMO relies on. Literally just pushing a button to see what reward, if any, you get. Actually, it's even better than that, because you can get onto these big fishing boats, and it's a big skinner box party where everyone gets together to push buttons together (no need to communicate to eachother obviously) and if someone gets REALLY lucky with their button push, the whole boat goes into LSD psychedelic rainbow mode and everyone gets good button pushes for like two minutes. Let me tell you, these boats only take off once every two hours, and people crowd around the dock and fucking fight to get onto that boat; if you aren't there the moment the registration time opens, you're gonna get left behind because the boat fills up in 1-2 seconds. It's great, I maxed out fishing before anything else.

The real reason I started writing about FF14 was because I wanted to complain about how contemptibly mediocre the story and writing is, but I just started writing the previous few paragraphs without even thinking about it. You'd think in an MMO the story and dialogue would be the most superfluous portions of the games, meant only to pragmatically shuttle people from activity to activity, but JESUS does everyone have a lot to say. It's a pet peeve of mine for anything to be relentless explanatory and verbose, and just about every random bumfuck nobody NPC has 1-2 paragraphs of dialogue; and if they aren't a rando then buckle in for the waterboarding of exposition that's going to get dumped onto your face over and over until you're ready to tell them where you hid the bodies. There's merit in having a highly detailed fantasy world, I can dig it, but please, game, just please, Jesus, how long is this history lesson going to be? How many proper nouns can you fit into one conversation? Should I be taking notes? Just, goddamn, it's an assault on my patience and attention span, I can only take so much.

That isn't to say I'm having a wretched time with the game, whatever there is that isn't generic and uninspired just so happens to be copied shameless from previous FF's. Everything remotely likable is just stolen from Square Enix's glorious past and then freshened up with some new lipstuck and made to work the corner to see what fans are still willing to pay for a lightning unicorn that you can ride around. My most memorable moment so far was when I was being spoken to by an NPC, and out of the corner of my eye I see a player ride over a rustic wooden bridge in a goddamn Mercedes-Benz convertible, and he speeds off before I could mash through the multiple pages of monologue to get a closer look. 

And that's my experience so far with FF14, the free trial's been a good waste of a few days. I don't think I'll go forward with the purchase of the game + subscription to get to enjoy all the crap that happens after level 35.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 06:01:47 am by JoshuaFH »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #150627 on: March 25, 2020, 10:25:43 am »

I've heard a lot of good things about Factorio. For a long time. I should probably look into it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #150628 on: March 25, 2020, 11:21:08 am »

FF14's social game depends a lot on the Free Company (guild) you wind up in. Some are super social, others are less so.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #150629 on: March 25, 2020, 11:46:47 am »

I just saw a bandage commercial with a talking wound. Why do you think something so nauseating is a good idea?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 10040 10041 [10042] 10043 10044 ... 10983