Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10041 10042 [10043] 10044 10045 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13166352 times)

TheSteppeWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Надад чонын сэтгэл байна
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #150630 on: March 25, 2020, 11:47:30 am »

Currently over at my parents' house with my younger brother (he 8 years old). The house has an aquarium with fish. My brother decided to pour liquid soap into the aquarium to "wash the fish"... I barely stopped him in time.
Those who stomp on Mongolian land, will leave their lives on Mongolian doorstep.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150631 on: March 25, 2020, 01:00:04 pm »

I must say, I can't find faults in his logic.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150632 on: March 25, 2020, 01:03:27 pm »

Just bore witness to two animal mating procedures in my back garden.

Firstly saw two starlings, one was sort of squatting with it's wings out and it's tail lifted as the other pecked it's cloaca. It's a process some male birds do to induce the female to eject any sperm from other males.

Then I saw four toads locked together in amplexus in the pond. Amplexus is when a male frog/toad latches onto the female's back and holds on until she releases her eggs so the male can fertilise them. Two toads were stacked onto the females back, one was clinging to her front upside down.

Considering I've been awake for less than twenty minutes this is an unusual start to my day.

Weird start to your day? How about those animals that had to deal with your staring at their gangbang?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #150633 on: March 25, 2020, 01:25:17 pm »

A brilliant start to a disney movie.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150634 on: March 25, 2020, 01:49:35 pm »

Just bore witness to two animal mating procedures in my back garden.
*snip*
Considering I've been awake for less than twenty minutes this is an unusual start to my day.

Weird start to your day? How about those animals that had to deal with your staring at their gangbang?
A brilliant start to a disney movie.

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ It's the circle of ████ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #150635 on: March 25, 2020, 02:57:58 pm »

I thought that image was Boatmurdered art for a second, what with the red and the elephants.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #150636 on: March 25, 2020, 03:06:30 pm »

I thought that image was Boatmurdered art for a second, what with the red and the elephants.
I need to see the crossover fanart.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #150637 on: March 25, 2020, 03:31:26 pm »

-snipped for shortness-

The story of FFXIV is a very weird roller coaster. While I do consider the story in its entirety to be one of the best video game stories around, everything you said is totally true.
The Realm Reborn story is quite trite and loves to hear itself talk waaaay too much until you reach the Heavensward pre-quest at level 50. It does pick up later once it gets past the painfully generic "you're the chosen one" and "small underdogs fighting the big evil empire" bits, but getting to that point takes several dozen hours even with gratuitous skipping. At that point most reasonable people have probably given up.

As for the social parts, I can't speak for everyone but the EU Chaos data center is pretty chatty, even outside of free companies (guilds).

Errm, yeah what I've come to complain about before getting sidetracked.
Chronicles of Elyria, an MMO I've been following for years, has very suddenly died.
Not very WTF in itself, the game had shown barely any progress since it left kickstarter and many backers expected it to die sooner or later at this point.
The part that is WTF is how sudden it was. They had a sale just earlier this month and they've released their first alpha version just this weekend.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #150638 on: March 25, 2020, 03:32:14 pm »

I need to see the crossover fanart.
Boatmurdered was already in the savanna.  Simba would just be a charred carcass, and scar would be a pile of biscuits.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150639 on: March 25, 2020, 03:45:22 pm »

-snipped for shortness-
The story of FFXIV is a very weird roller coaster. While I do consider the story in its entirety to be one of the best video game stories around, everything you said is totally true.
The Realm Reborn story is quite trite and loves to hear itself talk waaaay too much until you reach the Heavensward pre-quest at level 50. It does pick up later once it gets past the painfully generic "you're the chosen one" and "small underdogs fighting the big evil empire" bits, but getting to that point takes several dozen hours even with gratuitous skipping. At that point most reasonable people have probably given up.

As for the social parts, I can't speak for everyone but the EU Chaos data center is pretty chatty, even outside of free companies (guilds).

FFXIV is first of all, my favorite MMO, and second, has overall what is easily the best story of any Final Fantasy. The latest expansion is a top shelf story, in the same vein for quality as OG Bioshock with the cinematic goodness of, say, Dragon Age: Origins.

Sadly, yes, it does not pick up at all until you start Heavensward, the first expansion. But that's where it REALLY picks up. Realm Reborn (launch content) is some of the most sappy, milquetoast JRPG stuff around. It's basically a 50-level long prologue to the real story. You can get through it in a week or so, these days, and I DO recommend it to set the stage, as it were. The game is good enough that they are literally continuing the NEIR:Automata story-line in this game, as a raid.

But boy howdy, I can't remember the last time I was as invested in a story as much as I am in Shadowbringers. I care so much.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150640 on: March 25, 2020, 05:25:26 pm »

-snipped for shortness-

FFXIV is first of all, my favorite MMO, and second, has overall what is easily the best story of any Final Fantasy. The latest expansion is a top shelf story, in the same vein for quality as OG Bioshock with the cinematic goodness of, say, Dragon Age: Origins.

Sadly, yes, it does not pick up at all until you start Heavensward, the first expansion. But that's where it REALLY picks up. Realm Reborn (launch content) is some of the most sappy, milquetoast JRPG stuff around. It's basically a 50-level long prologue to the real story. You can get through it in a week or so, these days, and I DO recommend it to set the stage, as it were. The game is good enough that they are literally continuing the NEIR:Automata story-line in this game, as a raid.

But boy howdy, I can't remember the last time I was as invested in a story as much as I am in Shadowbringers. I care so much.

Maybe it's worth my while continuing then, that was all just my initial impression.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150641 on: March 25, 2020, 05:38:39 pm »

-snipped for shortness-

Maybe it's worth my while continuing then, that was all just my initial impression.

Ya basically you are 100% right, the early stuff from release is sort of painful.

But man does it get gooooooooood.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150642 on: March 25, 2020, 05:41:30 pm »

More weirdness to pass the time/break your brain from one of the foremost internet archeologists. It's a lot of Internet, though, so use your judgement.

Although I think the human skeleton turned out to have been a wooden replica, which is more interesting, but less horrifying and less common.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150643 on: March 25, 2020, 06:01:00 pm »

Someone made an explicit BDSM Satire game where you seduce Joseph Stalin, and released it in Russia

No links, go research it yourself if you want. It's not "historical figure gets made into some animu boyfriend dating sim" thing either. Russian authorities have expressed mild disapproval, calling it "revolting" and "this needs to be banned".

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150644 on: March 25, 2020, 08:01:27 pm »

Someone made an explicit BDSM Satire game where you seduce Joseph Stalin, and released it in Russia

No links, go research it yourself if you want. It's not "historical figure gets made into some animu boyfriend dating sim" thing either. Russian authorities have expressed mild disapproval, calling it "revolting" and "this needs to be banned".

The time traveler one? I mean, at least go after not-old Stalin, or maybe someone who wasn't into murder and authoritarianism.
Pages: 1 ... 10041 10042 [10043] 10044 10045 ... 10983