Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10056 10057 [10058] 10059 10060 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13192180 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #150855 on: April 06, 2020, 12:01:02 pm »

Gee, eschar, forgive eve for not immediately grabbing the talking snake and dissecting it for science on the spot
Eve not doing that was kinda the original sin and all. And natural evil still exists, so I don't think God has, though Jesus might have?

It's all rather confusing really.
I thought tha the "sin" was eating the fruit. But since the fruit was what made them distinguish right from wrong, they should not be considered responsible for anything they did until they ate it, including the eating. That seems unfair.

From what I understand, the bigger part of original sin was trying to hide from God afterwards instead of fessing up to it. For that bit they had full knowledge of good and evil.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150856 on: April 06, 2020, 12:09:41 pm »

NJW is saying that part of Eve's original sin was to let herself being tempted by the snake, instead of going "cool snake! I wonder what makes it tick," and sciencing it to pieces.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150857 on: April 06, 2020, 12:22:33 pm »

From what I understand, the bigger part of original sin was trying to hide from God afterwards instead of fessing up to it. For that bit they had full knowledge of good and evil.
It was more tied to "and you will be like God, knowing good and evil" - that is, putting themselves in the place of/on the same footing as God.

The notable thing is, once they ate of it, they did know the difference between good and evil: their innocence was lost, they knew shame, etc.  The trying to hide (and all that came after it) wasn't the sin - it was the result of the sin.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #150858 on: April 06, 2020, 02:53:58 pm »

listen, god just wanted a pet or two.

he didn't ask for any of this.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #150859 on: April 06, 2020, 04:36:01 pm »

Apparently one of my colleagues believes God will protect her from covid-19, and the bible is essential.

I knew she was a bit mad, didn't realise she was this mad.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #150860 on: April 06, 2020, 05:13:44 pm »

Apparently one of my colleagues believes God will protect her from covid-19, and the bible is essential.

As long as God is telling her to engage in social distancing then it's a-ok
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #150861 on: April 06, 2020, 05:41:40 pm »

As long as God is telling her to engage in social distancing then it's a-ok
A piece of context missing was she was saying this if she was told to wear a face mask to work, so not really.

Though we haven’t reached that point yet, and I don’t know if we will, but it’s nice to know I’ll still be at greater risk because of religious fanatics if we do!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #150862 on: April 06, 2020, 06:06:00 pm »

You're not supposed to go out for Easter anyway

It will be like the olden days

Close everything
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150863 on: April 06, 2020, 06:12:16 pm »

Easter, man. Easter's gonna be bad. We'll really see then who's willing to stick to isolation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150864 on: April 06, 2020, 06:21:17 pm »

Go play Animal Crossing. Get so pissed off at the sight of eggs that you never want to celebrate Easter again. Problem solved.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150865 on: April 06, 2020, 07:07:42 pm »

Last I heard, Switches are in such short supply that vendors are inflating their prices by like 60%.

I could probably drudge New Leaf out, literally actually never played that one...
Go to the tropical island for maximum money. :) Also, if you or family have Costco, they have good switch deals.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150866 on: April 06, 2020, 08:16:53 pm »

The YouTube star known as CaptainSparklez bought this Hollywood Hills house for more than $4.5m in 2015. He is known for recording himself playing Minecraft

I knew I shoulda kept at it when I was still in college oh so long ago.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150867 on: April 06, 2020, 08:51:26 pm »

CaptainSparklez didn't just make minecraft LPs. Honestly, his bigger claim to fame was the minecraft-themed pop song parodies and music videos he made. He animated them himself in Maya and got someone with actual singing talent to do the vocals for him. The production values on those were GREAT, way better than something Tobuscus would have made. That's what set him apart from the other Minecraft youtubers. That's what made him enough money to buy that house.

Here are links for those who are curious:

TNT (Dynamite parody. This was his first one, it lacks the production quality that made him stand out)
Revenge (DJ got us falling in love tonight parody. His breakout hit.)
Fallen Kingdom (Viva la Vida parody. My favorite of his, I liked the somber tone of this one. Listening to it for the first time even made child me feel nostalgic)
Take Back the Night (Dunno what parody this was. I had already moved on from minecraft when I first saw this one. I hated it and haven't seen any since. He might have made more but I'm not gonna search for them)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 08:53:39 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150868 on: April 06, 2020, 09:03:58 pm »

I remember the TNT one, did he make the Moving to the Nether parody too?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #150869 on: April 06, 2020, 09:17:01 pm »

I remember the TNT one, did he make the Moving to the Nether parody too?
Wasn't that from the people who did Diggy Diggy Hole?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 10056 10057 [10058] 10059 10060 ... 10984