Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10137 10138 [10139] 10140 10141 ... 10186

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 7308949 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • Never stabs friends, promise!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #152070 on: July 02, 2020, 04:35:36 am »

I swear every time I stay over at my parents place the cats catch another mouse at 2 am. I didn't ask to hear the screams of the dying while trying to sleep. I did ask to make sure the gaps between the corrugated siding and concrete foundation be plugged with something the wildlife couldnt chew through and get into the house. And they wonder why i never liked it here.

Grandma kitty is still earning her keep despite being all skin and bones and needing dentures. Youngster still prefers to play with them.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 04:37:10 am by Eric Blank »
"THEN CAME TOBNOM, ASS-GOD".
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152071 on: July 02, 2020, 10:07:58 am »

I'm watching a long Youtube video without adblock (I know, I know, I should really do something about that) - something I normally wouldn't do, but this is interesting enough that I'm willing to put up with the ads, for now - and this time around, none other than the friggin' Shamwow guy himself has popped up to try and sell me some entirely superfluous kitchen gadget I never knew I wanted: the Slap Chop. It's actually a little bit cool in its own stupid way, mainly/entirely because it sort of reminds me of those nifty pop-up dice-rolling things (dice poppers?) that used to come with board games. Those were fun.    

I had no idea the guy was still around and still doing weird commercials, or that such semi-infomercial kinda stuff has infiltrated Youtube ads. Don't get me wrong, this is very much a refreshing change from godawful, stupid shit like Grammarly or KFC, but it's still rather surreal and unexpected to see a human meme out in the wild like this.   
Guess he's managed to improvise, adapt and overcome. Good for him.   

Edit: I just willingly watched an entire, three-minute Youtube ad, bout some gimmicky kitchen utensil I have no use for, purely for the entertainment value.
If that ain't a WTF right there I don't know what is.   
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 10:17:11 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152072 on: July 02, 2020, 10:30:10 am »

Edit: I just willingly watched an entire, three-minute Youtube ad, bout some gimmicky kitchen utensil I have no use for, purely for the entertainment value.
If that ain't a WTF right there I don't know what is.   
Literally did the same thing the other day. Kinda want to buy the slap chop now. It's not like I don't know how to chop or dice veg...
I'm not around much anymore. I'll still check PMs though.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #152073 on: July 02, 2020, 10:42:52 am »

I don't know man, but kitchen gadget infomercials are possibly the only infomercials to ever hold my interest past a few minutes. Probably because its a quasi-cooking show too

Slap Chop and Slap Chop memes are soooo 2010
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr Harr Fiddldy Dee
    • View Profile
« Reply #152074 on: July 02, 2020, 10:46:14 am »

Im sorry it cant be flex tape all the way down.

Slap Chop is okay if you dont mind cleaning the tight blades and only use it for household use.  it breaks down under heavier uses . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • Not a Pathos alt
    • View Profile
« Reply #152075 on: July 02, 2020, 10:57:21 am »

Fix it with Flex Tape then
"Continue struggling, laws of physics be darned."
 - NRDL
"What, are you stupid or something? Every one of the snake's bones is crushed! Its internal organs are torn apart! There is no way you can - (6) You resuscitate the snake."
- Gatleos

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152076 on: July 02, 2020, 11:06:13 am »

The ron popiel solid flavor injector is the king.

Able to inject WHOLE pine nuts into a raw hamhock.

(It spawned an in-joke between my sister and I, about a guy who "has seen the infomercial hellscape one too many times, and turns into a serial killer that kills advertising executives, using infomercial products.  The murder using the flavor injector was particularly gruesome, as 3 whole ounces of pine nuts were found lodged in the victim's left ventricle."  Congratulations on making me remember this bit of sleep deprivation induced insanity.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152077 on: July 02, 2020, 11:08:41 am »

The ron popiel solid flavor injector is the king.

Able to inject WHOLE pine nuts into a raw hamhock.

(It spawned an in-joke between my sister and I, about a guy who "has seen the infomercial hellscape one too many times, and turns into a serial killer that kills advertising executives, using infomercial products.  The murder using the flavor injector was particularly gruesome, as 3 whole ounces of pine nuts were found lodged in the victim's left ventricle."  Congratulations on making me remember this bit of sleep deprivation induced insanity.)
Maybe you should write a novel about that, sounds like an interesting story.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #152078 on: July 02, 2020, 11:13:01 am »

And it'll be titled But Wait, There's More
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152079 on: July 02, 2020, 11:25:25 am »

And it'll be titled But Wait, There's More
Yes

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-Voodoo Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #152080 on: July 02, 2020, 02:05:41 pm »

nvrmind
Fuck violins.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152081 on: July 03, 2020, 03:16:49 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #152082 on: July 03, 2020, 09:58:35 am »

There might be a job offer in Galway. I need to consider whether to apply and which route to take
Viva Pinata establishes that the things bothering you in life are weeds that have to be killed. Bejewelled puts you into a coldly calculating mindset. In KSP you learn how to build and operate a ballistic missile.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152083 on: July 04, 2020, 03:14:04 am »

Just when you thought things couldn't get any stranger concerning the whole COVID situation..

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/2/21311229/walmart-parking-lot-drive-in-movie-theaters

Walmart to turn 160 location parking lots into ad-hoc drive-in movie theaters to help the lagging movie industry.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • Bandanaboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #152084 on: July 04, 2020, 04:23:24 am »

Sounds like a good idea. It will still work as a parking lot anyway.
The shield is mightier than the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Pages: 1 ... 10137 10138 [10139] 10140 10141 ... 10186