Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10170 10171 [10172] 10173 10174 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13185905 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #152565 on: July 27, 2020, 08:25:25 am »

Aww. I miss Dawnthunder.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152566 on: July 28, 2020, 12:00:05 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:45:43 am by dragdeler »
let

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152567 on: July 28, 2020, 07:52:28 pm »

I would post this in funny but I feel sorry for the person. This woman was scammed multiple times, the last time was PM's from "Vin Diesel" that said he'd fallen in love with her and wanted to hook up (decide for yourself how likely that is), but some of his movie gear broke and could she sling him some $$$$ to get it fixed. Later, she's realized that maybe this wasn't the real Vin Diesel.

While I feel for a serial scam victim, some people should not be allowed on the internet without supervision.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 07:55:59 pm by Reelya »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152568 on: July 29, 2020, 06:41:17 am »

I can't help to feel she's somehow part of a way bigger scam somehow. No one can be that stupid...
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152569 on: July 29, 2020, 05:37:05 pm »

My mother gets calls and emails along those lines all the time, usually claiming to be Microsoft, sometimes claiming to be a long lost family member that found out about her through ancestery.com.  Fortunately she is technically savvy enough to not fall for any of that, but she does occasionally call me over to check on some.  Like the ones that claim your amazon password was reset or the ones talking about unauthorized logins and stuff.

For the calls at least I used to stay on the line and pretend to be inept just to waste their time, but I think they started getting wise to me and they usually don't fall for it for more than a few seconds.  Companies that do that are scum.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152570 on: July 29, 2020, 06:31:47 pm »

Well, I have seen some stuff first hand and even helped people to clear if things were legit (they never were). But Vin Diesel... really?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152571 on: July 29, 2020, 06:35:57 pm »

Ive heard he's a really nice and softspoken guy in real life.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152572 on: July 29, 2020, 06:47:51 pm »

Yeah, and he played DND and stuff.  I don't follow celebrity news but he seemed like a swell person, as far as I know he still is.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152573 on: July 29, 2020, 07:13:00 pm »

I remember him doing a lot of charity stuff too. Always seemed like a super chill dude in what parts of his private life I've heard of.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #152574 on: July 29, 2020, 07:25:21 pm »

For the past 15 years, I've been under the impression that he was gay. Apparently that was a false (or unconfirmed) rumor from ages ago. I looked it up because I thought it was common knowledge and should have been a red flag in that scam.

Kinda disappointed I have even less of a chance of hooking up with Vin Diesel now...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152575 on: July 29, 2020, 07:41:07 pm »

The reason so many scams are improbabl is that they're deliberately weeding out people who are more discerning. For anything where an actual person has to engage you from there end, the process is about fishing / filtering it down to the few people who will be susceptible to manipulation. Hence why when you hear about these scams they sound so unbelievable. It's that very unbelievableness that makes them successful.

Their goal is to maximize the amount of money gained per scammer-man-hour, so they want the absolutely most gullible people on the planet. The supply of gullible people exceeds the amount of scammers, so they spew a zillion spam emails but they only want to actually hear back from a few of them. You can actually help by completely wasting their time, in other words. See this one for some fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N682eopajzA

As for Vin Diesel Lady, I think we can go a bit more nuanced than "dumb". My guess is that she has problems with large numbers in general, such as working out the scale of things or relative probabilities. 7 billion people on the planet and Vin Diesel DM'd her, specifically. Then, Vin Diesel needed some of her measly dollars to fix his movie gear. Someone DM'd you and said they're Vin Diesel, which is an unlikely event, but how unlikely an event compared to being DM'd by the actual Vin Diesel? Actually, much more likely but you need to be able to do the rough estimate in your head to work that out, and some people don't have the cognitive framework for working this stuff out. And for the money part you can realize that movies cost a lot of money to make, compared to the amount of money any average person has, and she clearly wasn't able to realize that as a red flag either.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 08:31:07 pm by Reelya »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #152576 on: July 29, 2020, 11:02:32 pm »

What I'm getting from this is if I need some extra money, there's a huge market ripe for the picking.

Except for the moral and legal implications, of course.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152577 on: July 29, 2020, 11:05:11 pm »

mor-ale?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152578 on: July 29, 2020, 11:14:14 pm »

Le-gal?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152579 on: July 29, 2020, 11:18:19 pm »

i think thats when you do something so funny other people try to irl ban it.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 10170 10171 [10172] 10173 10174 ... 10983