Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10177 10178 [10179] 10180 10181 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13136962 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #152670 on: August 02, 2020, 02:43:53 pm »

Nope. We're done here.

Either you are arguing in bad faith, you don't have experience with the world, or you're actually fucked up. Whatever the case, there's nothing more to be said about you trying to justify a college-aged white scion raping his family's teenager black maid and getting away with it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #152671 on: August 02, 2020, 02:46:23 pm »

Round and round the mulberry bush

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152672 on: August 02, 2020, 02:55:47 pm »

Nope. We're done here.

Either you are arguing in bad faith, you don't have experience with the world, or you're actually fucked up. Whatever the case, there's nothing more to be said about you trying to justify a college-aged white scion raping his family's teenager black maid and getting away with it.

sorry, but you just jumped straight to invoking the holocaust in a debate where it's not relevant by any means, that's not good faith. I gave a legitimate comparison to someone making the same basic argument but with a different set of biases as an example, that is in fact a straight argument. If someone said gay sex was wrong even though it was legal, and then invoked a comparison to the holocaust, how would you react?

As for the factual part of it, the daughter refers to it as an affair, and the dad did pay for her to get educated up to a master's degree. That's not exactly the normal end result of a one-off assault. You know, if FOX News was to report on something with biased language you call them out and demand they give the correct context. But that goes for everyone: as much information as is available should be given, then the reader is free to make up their own mind, because it's too easy for people to paraphrase any event in a way that misleads or biases the reader. So you're free to bring up historical power imbalances between black and white in the south as a factor and other people are free to bring up other facts of the case. But nobody is entitled to just shout "he was a child rapist!" out of context and refuse to discuss any of the specifics that show that those words bias the understanding of what actually happened.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 03:07:54 pm by Reelya »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152673 on: August 02, 2020, 03:02:00 pm »

Did the girl said it was raped? Or is just a conclusion that is simply logical? Regardles of what the law says, at the time or now, is rape if one person forces another to have sex via violence, physical or otherwise, and/or is not concesual as the other party can give consent, like if the person is unconscius or the like, or cant do it because is mentally impaired or simply too young. How young? Its hard to determinate. A lot of countries say 16 others 18. I know of first hand of girls younger than that sexually active, my mother in law had my wife when she was 14 and my father in law 16.

Sex among teens is hard to weigh on, its easier to claim rape in the case of an adult and a teen because even if is consensual an "adult could embezel a teenager to have sex", and as an adult you really should know better, but again, that issue is something a law cant really cover widely and is in my eyes one of those case by case stuff. One of my grandmothers ran away from home with my granddad and married and were happily so for almost 70 years, she was around 14 and he was like 20 at the moment.

Fuck Im bored without electricity. May as well wake up peter to play with him football or something.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #152674 on: August 02, 2020, 07:00:07 pm »

He was an adult, and she was a teenager. Hence it is rape.
???
That is definitely not the definition of rape.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #152675 on: August 02, 2020, 07:32:22 pm »

Statutory rape at a minimum, td1, if for some reason playing apologetics for a fucking segregationist is really the game you want to be playing. 22 year old screwing a 15-16 year old is criminal in a lot of places, nevermind the rest of the shit involved with this particular situation.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #152676 on: August 02, 2020, 07:43:27 pm »

I see Reelya’s side, but the power dynamics of the situation, without knowing anything beyond a teenage girl being employed by her older lover’s family, implies some impropriety, to put it lightly.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #152677 on: August 02, 2020, 07:56:08 pm »

Statutory rape at a minimum, td1, if for some reason playing apologetics for a fucking segregationist is really the game you want to be playing. 22 year old screwing a 15-16 year old is criminal in a lot of places, nevermind the rest of the shit involved with this particular situation.
Strictly speaking 16 is legal in more places than it is not. 15 seems 50-50
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152678 on: August 02, 2020, 08:03:40 pm »

I thought rape is sex without consent of both parties. I don’t think age difference determines whether it’s rape or not, consent does.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #152679 on: August 02, 2020, 08:06:40 pm »

The concept is that an age difference or power imbalance (indeed, a significant age difference generally is a power imbalance) makes consent impossible or impractical. Particularly when one party is otherwise not a legal adult. Fundamentally the same concept as getting someone drunk to sleep with them - their consent is not necessarily valid.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152680 on: August 02, 2020, 08:10:36 pm »

Ah, ok

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152681 on: August 02, 2020, 08:31:04 pm »

As a minor is unable to give their consent, the younger the more unable they are.

Obviosly in the real world you have teenagers fucking around all the time, moslty with also teens wich is meh as long is consented and they are wearing protection for the love of the Emprah) or young adults at most which is already creppy. The older the other person, the creppier it gets, and when it also happens to be your boss the worst it is because its assumed the adult is using a leverage over the minor, so while is not rape in the sense of violently forcing the other party, is statutory rape in the sense you are still forcing yourself on other, just not using violence. In the case of an adult I would said you are an adult and can make a choice to say fuck yourself, but in the case of minors its suposed they cant make rigth choices because their minds are still developing so.... its a fucking slipery slope to either side with this issues.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152682 on: August 02, 2020, 09:43:35 pm »

Minors can be very intelligent but broadly lack the accumulated life experience to meaningfully consent.  Particularly since the effects of such an event on a developing mind can cascade and be life-long.  That's why the adult is not just taking advantage, but committing rape.  No violence is necessary for it to be rape.  (This applies to adults too, most commonly when there is a power imbalance, chemical, or psychological manipulation.  Anything that bypasses consent).

It was still rape as it happened throughout history.  Regardless of the different legal and cultural standards of "minor" or "bodily autonomy", our modern understanding is that the harm still happened.  Rape doesn't have to be labeled to do damage.  We can take into account whether a perpetrator knew it was wrong, but that doesn't change what happened.

(There's a grey area about minors approaching adulthood together with 1-2 year age gaps.  That's a different matter than a fully-developed 22 year old taking advantage of a mid-teen.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152683 on: August 02, 2020, 11:47:56 pm »

Oh my gods, apparently the bourbon I've been drinking was bottled in Laverton.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #152684 on: August 03, 2020, 12:04:42 am »

Oh my gods, apparently the bourbon I've been drinking was bottled in Laverton.   

Laverton in a bottle? Laverton?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 12:08:25 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 10177 10178 [10179] 10180 10181 ... 10980