Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10217 10218 [10219] 10220 10221 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13176548 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #153270 on: August 25, 2020, 04:14:44 am »

Time cube four corner day...
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #153271 on: August 25, 2020, 04:15:30 am »

All these squares make a circle...
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153272 on: August 25, 2020, 04:53:52 am »

Still liking Bruce Cathie however
Hahahaha. Makes more sense than that other Kiwi innovation, DST, at least...   
Speaking of Australians being into cooked theories: I'm not sure if anyone remembers me mentioning certain family members being into black salve and similar nonsense a while back, but I remember them also talking about David Icke coming to tour Australia. This was long before I had any idea who David Icke was, mind you, otherwise I might have burst out laughing.   
They don't even live in fucking Tasmania. I don't know what to say. *shrug*   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153273 on: August 25, 2020, 05:29:06 am »

The Indiana PI bill for anyone lucky enough not to know about that yet
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Pi_Bill

They almost voted these measurements of a circle into law:

It's a shame they didn't pass this, it would make maths much easier if PI was 3.2 and √2 was 0.7
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 05:31:48 am by Reelya »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #153274 on: August 25, 2020, 05:42:29 am »

The moment when a legislative body realises the universe doesn't literally rearrange itself if they vote a certain way  :D
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153275 on: August 25, 2020, 05:45:31 am »

The moment when a legislative body realises the universe doesn't literally rearrange itself if they vote a certain way  :D
Never happens. They just turn up law enforcement for all the willful infringers.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153276 on: August 25, 2020, 06:02:09 am »

In complete fairness to Indiana, the bill was not intended to make it so, but rather, to make a purported proof that it was so by one of those crazy people who think they've solved math into a component of Indiana's educational curriculum. The legislators just didn't know enough math to realise that the proof was false, so they thought they were going to make Indiana the pioneer of radical new math-teaching methods. It would in no way have mandated any particular value of pi or sqrt(2), it was just written by someone who thought those values were already true.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153277 on: August 25, 2020, 07:13:42 am »

In complete fairness to Indiana, the bill was not intended to make it so, but rather, to make a purported proof that it was so by one of those crazy people who think they've solved math into a component of Indiana's educational curriculum. The legislators just didn't know enough math to realise that the proof was false, so they thought they were going to make Indiana the pioneer of radical new math-teaching methods. It would in no way have mandated any particular value of pi or sqrt(2), it was just written by someone who thought those values were already true.

That should not matter.
Mathematical laws and laws of physics should not be in legislative anyway.
It is pointless for them to be there (as they enforce themselves), and if our observation of them is wrong, then such human laws would make anyone correcting such observation a lawbreaker.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153278 on: August 25, 2020, 07:28:55 am »

Legislature shouldn’t be trying to change how math works, their job is (should be) to make life better for the citizens

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153279 on: August 25, 2020, 07:31:03 am »

What if they wanna charge taxes on pi units, or raise the limit of the speed of light in their state?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 07:44:03 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153280 on: August 25, 2020, 07:37:23 am »

What if they wanna charge taxes on pi units, or lift raise limit of the speed of light in their state?
The first would de incentivize precision, the second is physically impossible

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153281 on: August 25, 2020, 07:45:29 am »

I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153282 on: August 25, 2020, 07:45:41 am »

What if they wanna charge taxes on pi units, or lift raise limit of the speed of light in their state?

So, what do they do, charge you for the pi value of the wheels on your car or something? Then if you make the wheels hexagons you can reduce your tax burden.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153283 on: August 25, 2020, 07:47:17 am »

So, what do they do, charge you for the pi value of the wheels on your car or something? Then if you make the wheels hexagons you can reduce your tax burden.
well, to make them more like circles but not quite, go with more sides, so dodecahedron or higher

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #153284 on: August 25, 2020, 07:48:09 am »

The first would de incentivize precision, the second is physically impossible
I mean, you can raise the limit of the speed of light all you want, actually? Anyone can say light can go faster than it does. It's just not going to make light actually go any faster.

Raising the speed limit to 20,000 miles per hour wouldn't make people drive that fast, either ('cause they, y'know, can't). Same concept.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 10217 10218 [10219] 10220 10221 ... 10983