Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10243 10244 [10245] 10246 10247 ... 10981

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13152070 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #153660 on: September 19, 2020, 08:51:56 am »

We had a weird blackout schedule yesterday, its the first time the electricity is cut at 4:40 p.m. in this area of the city. It extended to 10:10 p.m.

They keep us guessing.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153661 on: September 19, 2020, 08:58:45 am »

Estee Lauder-- IN SPAAAAAACE

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/17/tech/estee-lauder-iss-nasa-advertisement-scn/index.html

Seriously, for the costs involved PER POUND to put something that high up in orbit, you would think the company's advertisement and marketing department could think of any number of better uses for that money...  BUT NOPE!!

Astronauts told to rub the lotion on their skin. (Or they get the explosive decompression again)

I tease of course, but this is still cringeworthy WTF.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153662 on: September 19, 2020, 09:41:38 am »

Ugh don't get me started about commercializing space. ::)

Speaking of which...

Dammit Microsoft, I'm going to send you my screaming crying children.  What project manager decided to make it so the only supported version of Minecraft for MacOS (the Java Edition) is not compatible with the iOS version.

I've got a kid literally crying because he can't play multiplayer with his sister because she wants to play on the mac and he wants to play multiplayer on the iPads, but they won't talk to each other because apparently a network protocol is too hard to make platform agnostic or able to negotiate a common feature set.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153663 on: September 19, 2020, 11:18:22 am »

Or, even-- you know-- BE EXACTLY IDENTICAL, BECAUSE JAVA.

Yeah, I hear you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153664 on: September 19, 2020, 02:52:06 pm »

Tl;dr Joe Buck is average, there are many better options, but he still gets the best jobs, I am confounded.
Joe Buck has gotten a lot better over the past few years, but yeah, I get you. He really doesn't have any life in his voice, like, ever. Not like a Dave Niehaus or Al Michaels, or hell, even Tony Romo who just followed Troy Aikman's footsteps into the booth and is crushing the everloving fuck out of it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #153665 on: September 19, 2020, 06:48:51 pm »

Soooo, my firefox adblock addon isnt working?  Youtube is showing me adds, of all the ghastly things, and I cant find the little button to even view what extensions are being run by any site.

Anyone have a recommendation for a good one?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #153666 on: September 19, 2020, 07:22:51 pm »

Tl;dr Joe Buck is average, there are many better options, but he still gets the best jobs, I am confounded.
Joe Buck has gotten a lot better over the past few years, but yeah, I get you. He really doesn't have any life in his voice, like, ever. Not like a Dave Niehaus or Al Michaels, or hell, even Tony Romo who just followed Troy Aikman's footsteps into the booth and is crushing the everloving fuck out of it.
I had forgotten about Romo! I like him, but I don’t get many CBS broadcasts of the Packers so I don’t get much of him. He should be with Al Michaels, that would be delightful.

I remember watching his first game in broadcasting thinking he would be a bit rubbish but he was actually dissecting plays in a way that made it easy to understand what was going on, as well as why teams were doing what they were doing. I was paying much more attention to the game as a result.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #153667 on: September 19, 2020, 07:26:19 pm »

Soooo, my firefox adblock addon isnt working?  Youtube is showing me adds, of all the ghastly things, and I cant find the little button to even view what extensions are being run by any site.

uBlock Origin still works for me, but I'm using Waterfox Classic, so YMMV.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153668 on: September 19, 2020, 07:29:19 pm »

I'm running Ghostery and NoScript. Although honestly, I'm not sure which one I should be thanking for blocking the ads.
But that's not the point. The point is, a couple days ago it/they stopped blocking youtube ads for some reason. Today it's again ad-free for me, so maybe it's just a temporary lapse? Maybe some new way to push ads that the blockers have to be adjusted to?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #153669 on: September 20, 2020, 07:13:12 am »

It has to be a windows thing.  On the linux machine I keep in my bedroom noscript works fine. I added ublock and it works fine on the windows.

I was thinking that youtube was trying new ad styles myself, tbh.  Whatever the truth, thanks, guys.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153670 on: September 20, 2020, 08:47:36 am »

Why they dont realize that if your add blocks my video, it only makes me hate your product.

They could put adds in the page itself and suggest videos as ads, and that would be (and is) fine.

I'm hearing good music and suddenly fuck some garbage sounds of a criminal wannabe start blasting.... crap.

At least they should have adds in line with the thing people are watching hearing. Is dreadful to have Bach suddenly interupted by reggeton... bah!

Or peter watching some cartoon like pepa pig and sudenly there's a woman twerking and some clown dressed like fools version of a ganster waving guns at the screen.

I mostly download stuff whenever we have both electricity and internet so I avoid all that and control what peter sees.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153671 on: September 20, 2020, 09:04:55 am »

Why they dont realize that if your add blocks my video, it only makes me hate your product.
I'm sure they do realise this (well, probably not that you specifically react that way, but that some people do), but the sad thing is that enough people actually respond positively to ads to make it worthwhile.
I hope I don't know anyone like that.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153672 on: September 20, 2020, 09:35:16 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:35:06 am by dragdeler »
let

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #153673 on: September 23, 2020, 04:44:50 pm »

I'm sure they do realise this (well, probably not that you specifically react that way, but that some people do), but the sad thing is that enough people actually respond positively to ads to make it worthwhile.
I hope I don't know anyone like that.

It's actually worse than that. As long as the ad leaves some impression on you it has done its job. Because a year from now the feels of 'I hate that' will usually have faded, and just the memory of 'Oh, yeah, that product. I know that one!' will stick around. So in the long term as you're still more likely to buy their stuff with an ad you hate than one that doesn't leave an impression at all.

Fun things I learned back in a marketing course in college. Turns out advertisers really are evil.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153674 on: September 23, 2020, 05:03:42 pm »

I have a script installed on my brain to remove brands.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: 1 ... 10243 10244 [10245] 10246 10247 ... 10981