Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10266 10267 [10268] 10269 10270 ... 10981

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13153119 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154006 on: October 16, 2020, 04:19:54 pm »

Today there were lucia buns. It is terrible.

*Googles*

WhereTF did they find King Arthur? Do they keep him in a secret dungeon where they harvest his bones for flour, then heal him with the Grail?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 04:22:45 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #154007 on: October 16, 2020, 04:34:40 pm »

We actually keep the mummified body of king Arthur in our treasury and grind parts of him into flour for or pastries.

Also putting pearl sugar on lucia buns is a big no no sin. You only put rainsin in them, right in their swirlywhirls

Our official December plate is the Hallaca:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallaca

It's food *and* a christmas gift! The best kind of food! And the best kind of christmas gifts!
Love, scriver~

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #154008 on: October 17, 2020, 06:48:56 pm »

"Roomba" is an anagram for "A broom".
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #154009 on: October 17, 2020, 06:54:26 pm »

"Roomba" is an anagram for "A broom".
Roomba Parsouyus
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #154010 on: October 17, 2020, 07:00:50 pm »

It is also an anagram for Mob oar.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154011 on: October 17, 2020, 07:20:01 pm »

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154012 on: October 17, 2020, 07:27:09 pm »

MOAR BO

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154013 on: October 17, 2020, 07:53:00 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:34:33 am by dragdeler »
let

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154014 on: October 18, 2020, 05:21:28 am »

Does anyone know how to add custom-made text, email, and notification tones to iphone?  Im smashing against a sea of 3rd party apps and long, winding how-toos i only half trust.

P:  resolved, though I still have my reservations.  for posterity I used imazing and just:

1: clipped the files to be only the parts I wanted.  Either for notification chirp or ringtone.
2: imported said files onto the 'tones' section.
3: changed my audio notifications.

forget all this garageband nonsense.  Im not meta-gaming this stupid phone.

PP:  and since Im infodumping, I used google assistant to retrieve my news podcasts instead of using the 'podcasts' iphone app.  The calander app is basic but adequate.  The music app is similarly lacking in ease of customization but adequate.

Im not going to go through the rigamoral of trying each app on the app store in the hopes I get something that does what it says on the tin.  So many of them are fascicle.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 06:00:33 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154015 on: October 18, 2020, 06:39:36 pm »

I wanted to install RTX Voice on my laptop (with a GTX 1650), and... it just worked. No workarounds or screwery needed. Did they change something? I swear I downloaded the official installer straight from Nvidia. I thought RTX Voice is exclusive to RTX cards (2060 and higher), so to see it just work is surprising, to say the least. And looking at forum posts elsewhere, it seems that, yeah, Nvidia did silently lift the RTX-only restriction on RTX Voice.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154016 on: October 18, 2020, 06:57:43 pm »

Apparently "Sus" is a homophobic slur.  And it being prevalent because of Among us is getting some people's underwear in a knot.  Apparently it was used to say they suspected someone of being homosexual?  But isn't sus just a shorthand of suspicious?  Even what I can find online talking about people using it as a slur says it's just a shorthand of suspicious.

So why aren't folks flipping the table over people saying someone is suspicious too?

WTF.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154017 on: October 18, 2020, 07:21:20 pm »

Here's how I feel about it:

Words acquire new meanings.  Some minority of the population may have branded their own 'pet slurs and/or verbs' as slang.  Some obscure and locally known slur should have little to no bearing on the terminology of some game made well over 20 years after the fact.

Grow the fuck up people.  What if we all climbed off of our soap boxes, and used them for storing soap instead.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #154018 on: October 18, 2020, 07:43:15 pm »

Further work related stuff:
My manager tried to make me stay more weeks than possible. Argued with the new store about it and everthing.

Then management got blitzed by covid. Five managers out of work, himself included. Reluctantly agreed to my leave time.

As an aside, a lot of the staff are very happy. There's more work, less order, and new temp managers.

One must wonder why spirits are up, then. Hrmmm.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #154019 on: October 18, 2020, 08:30:51 pm »

Words acquire new meanings.  Some minority of the population may have branded their own 'pet slurs and/or verbs' as slang.  Some obscure and locally known slur should have little to no bearing on the terminology of some game made well over 20 years after the fact.

Definitely depends on the context - here it seems to have grown out of suspicious again (like convergent evolution) - but that's not always the case. I wouldn't put it past any gaming community to introduce a slur in a new context and that take off because you're excused for using a slur.
Pages: 1 ... 10266 10267 [10268] 10269 10270 ... 10981