Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10277 10278 [10279] 10280 10281 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13185781 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154170 on: November 04, 2020, 05:45:05 am »

sounds fishy.

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #154171 on: November 04, 2020, 06:50:47 am »

I mean, as a fellow non-english speaker, my intellectual knowledge of the language widely surpasses my ability to actually use it in speech. And that's just vocabulary and such and not even going into the issue of pronunciation.
Love, scriver~

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #154172 on: November 04, 2020, 06:59:11 am »

Vocab is also highly specialized. If you're using English to talk to Americans, your political vocabulary will likely surpass that of (for example) Chinese speakers of English, and likely several Americans who don't care about politics. I assume the test did some account for all this, but narrow specialization might be to blame for you lower-than-expected score.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154173 on: November 05, 2020, 01:17:20 am »

I got told I'm handsome by a guy that works at a coffee and tea shop I go to often. Now, all I can think of is: the fuck does that mean? What do you mean I'm good looking? The hell? I'm not even offended, I'm just baffled at the fact that I could be considered handsome. This isn't an isolated incident, either; I've been called the same by friends in school, and I'm betting that I'm gonna experience it again once I'm out in the real world.

When I look in the mirror, all I see is a potato with a face. Just as round, just as blemished, and around the same color. How then, does that mean that I'm somehow genetically predisposed to being physically attractive, I'm the most distinctive face in a crowd, and I look like a "bad boy"? That's what he said. Not even joking.

What does it all mean? It's like I'm doing math, and I end up staring at numbers, symbols, notation that don't make sense. All the knowledge I supposedly had just collapses for a second as I try to comprehend what the hell happened.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #154174 on: November 05, 2020, 03:28:33 am »

I got told I'm handsome by a guy that works at a coffee and tea shop I go to often. Now, all I can think of is: the fuck does that mean? What do you mean I'm good looking? The hell? I'm not even offended, I'm just baffled at the fact that I could be considered handsome. This isn't an isolated incident, either; I've been called the same by friends in school, and I'm betting that I'm gonna experience it again once I'm out in the real world.

When I look in the mirror, all I see is a potato with a face. Just as round, just as blemished, and around the same color. How then, does that mean that I'm somehow genetically predisposed to being physically attractive, I'm the most distinctive face in a crowd, and I look like a "bad boy"? That's what he said. Not even joking.

What does it all mean? It's like I'm doing math, and I end up staring at numbers, symbols, notation that don't make sense. All the knowledge I supposedly had just collapses for a second as I try to comprehend what the hell happened.
Tu es une belle pomme de terre avec de visage
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154175 on: November 05, 2020, 04:54:35 am »

just accept it and move on.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154176 on: November 05, 2020, 05:04:53 am »

Homie that wasn't a compliment - that dude is DTF.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #154177 on: November 05, 2020, 05:33:25 am »

On some russian forum there is The Guy:
Considers most generic fantasy and ME3 settings great works of art and best settings known to man.
Loathes isometric computer games with passion.
Or any that are not at least full 3D with 3rd person view.
Absolutely detests all settings that are not most generic fantasy or ME3, the futher from them the worse.
Rabid fan of Tensity.
Armchair imperialist.
Wants english language to be forbidden by law.
Will post about all the above in any game thread, no matter how unrelated.
Will create game threads specifiacally to post about all the above, with posts sometimes being same to the letter.
He is a moderator and a pleasure to speak with.

I mean, it's fine forum about paradox games. But you really don't wanna go to "other games".  ::)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154178 on: November 05, 2020, 07:17:12 am »

I also think English language should be forbidden by law, particularly for people younger than me
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #154179 on: November 05, 2020, 07:37:15 am »

Nire ustez gizon guztiok euskaraz hitz egin beharko luke
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154180 on: November 05, 2020, 07:59:22 am »

Jag hĺller inte alls med! "Tala ur baskern" som vi säger här uppe.
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154181 on: November 05, 2020, 08:14:51 am »

Well, that's the worst name for a food I've ever heard. It's one of the worst names for anything I've ever heard.

https://twitter.com/marksandspencer/status/1324300740035313666

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154182 on: November 05, 2020, 09:16:33 am »

Ten rus si asi myslí, že pokud bude zakázána angličtina, všichni přejdou na ruštinu. Ale co když se světovým jazykem stane latina nebo mandarínština?
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154183 on: November 05, 2020, 09:17:13 am »

把他们都杀了 一九八九 世界是一个混蛋 我是垃圾人 死神

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154184 on: November 05, 2020, 09:18:09 am »

Diablos, parece que la torre de babel nos ha vuelto a joder.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 10277 10278 [10279] 10280 10281 ... 10983