Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10298 10299 [10300] 10301 10302 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13199958 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154485 on: November 22, 2020, 05:49:41 am »

Last night, I heard that there do exist people who want a toxic relationship. Surely those people have a kink for BDSM or something (not quite that far, but in that general direction), because I cannot imagine seriously wanting to be in a legitimately toxic relationship rather than just a kinky one. Do those people exist? Am I being fucked with? As far as "worrying things people have said to me" goes, that's damn high on the list if it's true.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154486 on: November 22, 2020, 05:52:30 am »

some people dont know how to exist without one, if thats what you mean.

Some people want more control, and feel that having abusive or lop-sided relationships are how you do that.

Some people want more of the same, and their insecurities prevent them from taking the extra effort or responsibility of finding a healthier relationship.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154487 on: November 22, 2020, 06:32:03 am »

And, presumably, some people do have BDSM-related leanings but they're not familiar enough with BDSM or their own sexuality to recognize those needs and to approach them in a safe and healthy manner.

That said... There really are all sorts of people. *shrug*

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #154488 on: November 22, 2020, 06:36:47 am »

Some of them want to abuse you.

Some of them want to be abused.
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154489 on: November 22, 2020, 06:51:54 am »

Sweet dreams are made of this.

Who am I to disagree?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154490 on: November 22, 2020, 07:13:04 am »

I like trains.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #154491 on: November 22, 2020, 07:25:10 am »

I like turtles

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #154492 on: November 22, 2020, 07:30:09 am »

I like turtles
People tell me they're tasty.

Don't know myself, I don't think I ever got around to eating any. Helped cook it before, but didn't eat it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #154493 on: November 22, 2020, 07:32:48 am »

I like the practicality of it the most

When you make turtle soup, they come with their own bowl
Love, scriver~

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #154494 on: November 22, 2020, 07:36:38 am »

some people dont know how to exist without one, if thats what you mean.

Some people want more control, and feel that having abusive or lop-sided relationships are how you do that.

Some people want more of the same, and their insecurities prevent them from taking the extra effort or responsibility of finding a healthier relationship.

Yeah, honestly, I was this way in University. My early relationships had been very unhealthy and I didn't know what a "good" relationship should look like. I got scared when I dated a girl who actually respected me and I eventually fled the relationship looking for thinner ice, so to speak.

I wouldn't say a toxic relationship was what I wanted, as meth's original point suggested. But I was drawn to them and repelled by healthy relationships for a bit because it was all I knew. Luckily I got over that by talking openly about it with friends and seeing good examples of healthy relationships among my friends.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154495 on: November 22, 2020, 08:38:10 am »

Yup, people think they need someonelse to be happy. You can be happier with someone else, that is true, but the basics of happines comes only from you and no one else.

It migth sound absurd coming from me because surely I dont sound much joyful here most of the time. But that is another mistake people makes.

Joy and happiness are different things. People can be joyful for a while or all the time but still be unhappy. People can be sober, serious and even grim but still be happy. Dont know how to explain this better.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154496 on: November 22, 2020, 10:26:07 am »

Yup, people think they need someonelse to be happy. You can be happier with someone else, that is true, but the basics of happines comes only from you and no one else.

I heard something similar from a Youtuber. He basically said that you can't be an "empty" person and then expect others to love you for it. If anything, it's unreasonable. You need to have something in your life that makes you happy before you can seek out relationships. You have to be happy with yourself first, to paraphrase what LordBaal said, before you decide to let others join you on your ride through life.

My own opinion expands on that. (Romantic) relationships shouldn't be your main goal in life, and I think it's bad that they're sorta promoted as such in pop culture. It shouldn't be something you chase just because you think it'll solve all your problems. It won't. Even if you have one, it doesn't inherently make you a better person for it, and you don't get the right to criticize others who don't want them for whatever reason. Of course, I say this as someone who hasn't had a relationship ever, so I'm probably wrong somewhere.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154497 on: November 22, 2020, 10:38:58 am »

I can stave off the want/need for companionship for a while but it always ends up back to haunt me.  Of course then I try to do something about it, inevitably fail, and cause myself a lot of pain.  Then I go "I don't want to deal with this" and the cycle continues.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154498 on: November 22, 2020, 11:23:35 am »

Meth you are rigth. Ones goal in life is deeply subjective.

In general terms I think we should try at least to leave a better place than we came into, and beyond that anything goes as long is not hurting other people.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154499 on: November 22, 2020, 11:28:07 am »

casual relationships are how ive lived my life.

which is ironic because now i want something more permanent.  and i cant find it.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 10298 10299 [10300] 10301 10302 ... 10984