Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10299 10300 [10301] 10302 10303 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13178944 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154500 on: November 22, 2020, 12:08:50 pm »

Ah yes, the body pillow, because there wasn't enough reasons for people to see me as pathetic.

It really wouldn't work, anyway.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154501 on: November 22, 2020, 12:09:54 pm »

The body pillow doesn't need raunchy anime girls on the cover, necessarily...
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154502 on: November 22, 2020, 12:15:24 pm »

The body pillow doesn't need raunchy anime girls on the cover, necessarily...

When was someone proud to own a body pillow?

Either way I cannot suspend my disbelief that the inanimate rectangle of feathers is in any way a person.  I'm saying this as a person that grew up with too many plush animals.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #154503 on: November 22, 2020, 12:39:26 pm »

I don't know of many people that have been proud to own any sort of pillow, tbh. It's just... a pillow. You enjoy your bedding, not invest your self worth into it :P

Body pillow can be pretty nice, though. Not one of those overpriced fetish ones, just a plain probably-monocolor giant sized pillow you can easily use to prop up legs or heads or whatever. I had pilfered one from family for years... gave it back eventually, I think, but it enhanced my pillow piles notably. They're pretty good stuff as pillows go.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154504 on: November 22, 2020, 01:18:31 pm »

Look, I'm about 80% certain that trying and failing to stave off loneliness by spooning a large pillow makes most people perceive you as a bloody loser.  Because nobody should actually be that desperate for contact and not be able to satisfy that by more conventional means.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #154505 on: November 22, 2020, 01:27:20 pm »

I don't think I've ever seen in come up in actual conversation, really. At any point in real life in the last 20-30 years. I'd be 90+% sure no one would care because no one would know :P

... that said, I was mostly just commenting on body pillows being pretty nice pillows. You don't have to spoon them or whatever, just use them for normal pillow things. They're not particularly good for staving off loneliness, they're just pretty alright at being big pillows.
Ask not!
Ask!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154506 on: November 22, 2020, 01:34:41 pm »

Well, that's what was suggested above, while you seem more concerned about the merits of bedroom decor.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #154507 on: November 22, 2020, 02:03:08 pm »

Eh, not so much decor as just... bedding. It's not about the look it's about the comfort. Pillow nests tend to not look great, in all honesty.

Any case, as someone that's generally been pretty lonely and has actually had a body pillow, I'd probably say it doesn't actually help on that front, like. At all. They're just pillows. Nice pillows with extra functionality from being as large as they are, but still just pillows.

Better bet that actually sort of works is just a pet. Cat or dog that'll cuddle up and whatnot. Isn't perfect and it has its problems vis a vis housing and taking care of said pet, but it helps a fair bit more than a pillow, even a big one.
Ask not!
Ask!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154508 on: November 22, 2020, 02:05:19 pm »

I would not judge anyone. I could use a body pillow to put my leg around and sleep in a more comfortable position.

Like said, if you have it also for some sort of emotional distress that is your problem alone.

Even if is one witht the anime or cartoon girls printed on top, is still your own issuse. Unless you insist on bringing the pillow on a date or something, in which case the pillow is the less of the issues.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154509 on: November 22, 2020, 02:11:01 pm »

Better bet that actually sort of works is just a pet. Cat or dog that'll cuddle up and whatnot. Isn't perfect and it has its problems vis a vis housing and taking care of said pet, but it helps a fair bit more than a pillow, even a big one.

I'll never be able to afford housing, so I'll never be able to get a pet, either.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #154510 on: November 22, 2020, 02:39:17 pm »

Maybe you should get a body pillow, then? 🤔
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154511 on: November 23, 2020, 03:22:17 am »

You could get one of those pillow pets, it's a pillow, it's a pet... It's a pillow pet.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154512 on: November 23, 2020, 07:12:50 am »

You could get one of those pillow pets, it's a pillow, it's a pet... It's a pillow pet.
I heard the song as I read that

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #154513 on: November 23, 2020, 08:42:30 am »

Some people are apparently shocked by the fact that RATM are not only a political band but also an extremely left-leaning one

How the fuck does one listen to literally any of their songs and not realize this, are these people not english speakers? Do they not know that lyrics carry meanings?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154514 on: November 23, 2020, 09:06:18 am »

well I didnt know just how far left they leaned, but even their names suggest political dissent.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 10299 10300 [10301] 10302 10303 ... 10983