Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10302 10303 [10304] 10305 10306 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13196199 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154545 on: November 24, 2020, 08:22:42 am »

Trinidad and Tobago deported 16 Venezuelan minors, without their parents, as little as 4 months old, ripped out of the arms of their mothers and put them on a little boat (for coastal fishing) with a storm comming.

Now they have +20 hours dissapeared. My country is just a continous and horrible tragedy after another...
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154546 on: November 24, 2020, 08:33:19 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 09:08:34 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154547 on: November 24, 2020, 08:41:44 am »

As far as I understand, at least some of them. Yeah, they are still in the island. Can't really warp my head on why the fuck would somebody be such a bastard. I mean, I get deporting illegal immigrants, sure. But can't you deport the families together? Can't you fucking wait till there is not a fucking hurricane coming?

Apparently some of the parents were in the boat too, and there are news of them appearing, but have not seen any confirmation on this.

If they die, this would be fucking casus belli on my book.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154548 on: November 24, 2020, 12:19:24 pm »

Normally I don't pay much attention to vocals, apart from shoutable choruses or especially nifty lines to quote when sharing a track, but sometimes it really pays to screen lyrics enough to get some idea of a band/artist's views. It's a sad reality, but these days it's the done thing for a lot, probably the majority, of bands to politicise their music. Or even just declare themselves as supporting one side or another even when their music itself was perfectly apolitical and about snake demons and rogue wizards or some shit!   

Yeah, the lofty profession of pop music artists shouldn't get involved in the mundane world of having opinions.

Let's face it, all culture is bullshit and saying that they are in some other dimension and shouldn't upset their listeners by having opinions about stuff - that attitude is every bit as bullshit as them having opinions about stuff.

You're effectively saying that music is a commodity on the level of Coca Cola by saying that. Like you only want the cool refreshing taste of Coca Cola and don't want to be preached at by the Coca Cola brand. That's the message of "keep opinions out of music", since you've basically given up on the idea that music is anything more than a commodity that tells you a story or makes you "feel" a certain way that's entirely without context. All the meaning we ascribe to music: is fundamentally a sack of shit if you tell musicians they should keep their mouths shut for upsetting you.

And since you've already told us at this point that music is a load of meaningless shit, then why in hell are you even upset about it? Like, do you get upset that the guy flipping your burgers believes in QAnon? No. So, some dumb band singing about Warlocks or something, who cares what they think outside of that. They don't owe it to anyone to maintain a "100% professional non-partisan pro-warlock" stance at all times. That's just BS. It's weird thing where people are simultaneously putting them on a pedestal where it's this sacred profession where they have a duty not to have opinions like the rest of us, but at the same time denigrating them as being merely pop musicians so who cares what they think anyway.

If people don't want other people's opinions upsetting their enjoyment of stuff, they should live in a cave, not get upset that the consumerist items that they're purchasing have people with opinions who make them.

What is it: "I paid for a copy of your album so you should shut the fuck up with the politics stuff". That's also some extreme bullshit level of entitlement from someone for just buying into an album or an idea of a band. Like, people want to enjoy Metallica  but they also want to be a Nazi, so if Metallica speaks out against Nazis, well that's just beyond the pale because now Nazis can't listen to their Metallica collection in peace. Well, fuck those guys for being lame basically.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:35:36 pm by Reelya »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154549 on: November 24, 2020, 12:22:52 pm »

haha pop music bad
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154550 on: November 24, 2020, 12:32:28 pm »

well I didnt know just how far left they leaned, but even their names suggest political dissent.
They openly support at least one literal terrorist organisation. I guess they leant so far that they fell over and suffered a concussion?   

Normally I don't pay much attention to vocals, apart from shoutable choruses or especially nifty lines to quote when sharing a track, but sometimes it really pays to screen lyrics enough to get some idea of a band/artist's views. It's a sad reality, but these days it's the done thing for a lot, probably the majority, of bands to politicise their music. Or even just declare themselves as supporting one side or another even when their music itself was perfectly apolitical and about snake demons and rogue wizards or some shit!   

snake demons and rouge wizards?

sounds like a band i would listen to
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #154551 on: November 24, 2020, 12:38:08 pm »

well I didnt know just how far left they leaned, but even their names suggest political dissent.
They openly support at least one literal terrorist organisation. I guess they leant so far that they fell over and suffered a concussion?   

snake demons and rouge wizards?

sounds like a band i would listen to

Start off at power metal and then follow any rabbit holes you find. It won't take long! I think Yoink's taste is more in the stoner rock or heavier arenas though.

I will say that it's occasionally mildly annoying to run into a heavily politicised song if I'm trying not to think about the real world, but it's not like it's hard to avoid. And it's not like I'd listen to a band like RatM if I were doing that.

And I can completely ignore lyrics as long as no-one's talking to me. Verbal processing is all on or all off for me.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154552 on: November 24, 2020, 12:43:33 pm »

It is very hard for artists to not put their belief (of any kind) into their craft, especially if such art is a highly expresive one like songs with lyrics and such.

Still, most song writers seem to avoid specific politics in favor more general stances, or love or anyother issue.

Today Im just very tired. Im falling sleep here in the car.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:57:18 pm by LordBaal »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154553 on: November 24, 2020, 02:31:22 pm »

Oh man, this is just what everyone needs:
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/nyc-commuters-pushed-onto-train-tracks-in-subway-shove-attacks-video/news-story/6e0b73089cdebec4a3b728a3ecc274b0

The New York Police Department is investigating a “disturbing” spate of attacks involving people being pushed onto train tracks at random.

One woman miraculously survived after a man suddenly hurtled towards her and shoved her into the path of an oncoming train at Union Square Station in Manhattan at 8.30am on November 19.

“It’s very disturbing,” NYPD Chief of Transit Kathleen O’Reilly told reporters.

“We’ve seen him waiting, calculating for the train to approach the station.

“And at the opportune moment, he pushed the victim to the tracks.”

Knowing how the dystopian hellhole we now call reality works, I'm half expecting these people to say "Pranked! It's for my youtube channel". Hilariously pushing random strangers in front of cars and trains will be the next big viral prank sensation.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 02:34:03 pm by Reelya »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154554 on: November 24, 2020, 02:48:24 pm »

Sure, like the next step on the killer clowns scaring people a few years ago. It had to be 2020, or more likely human stupidity.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #154555 on: November 25, 2020, 12:10:29 am »

WTF happened with dragdeler?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154556 on: November 25, 2020, 12:39:22 am »

What are you talking about?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154557 on: November 25, 2020, 12:44:33 am »

I thought he might be talking banhammer so I checked the log, no dragdeler but that person called Cheesy Honkers apparently got banned a couple of weeks ago.

EDIT, took me a while to remember how to do the members screen thing, yeah it's weird, dragdeler nuked all their posts going back quite a long time.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 12:50:54 am by Reelya »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154558 on: November 25, 2020, 01:09:47 am »

I don’t think it’s possible to completely delete posts, it’s possible to modify them to like a period or hyphen and/or transparent them

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154559 on: November 25, 2020, 01:55:16 am »

Do the big Toad have to physically do that, or is there some function that will make his job a point and click?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 10302 10303 [10304] 10305 10306 ... 10984