Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10303 10304 [10305] 10306 10307 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997796 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154560 on: November 25, 2020, 02:51:45 am »

It's sad especially since he nuked most of his posts it seems. He was always a unique poster at least. Very recognizable.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154561 on: November 25, 2020, 03:58:10 am »

A search tells me that their last post was here 18 hours and 25 minutes ago.

After that, dragdeler has started nuking their posts. They have not finished, because the posts are too many.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154562 on: November 25, 2020, 04:23:32 am »

Is there something that happened to him recently that would make him delete almost all of his posts?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154563 on: November 25, 2020, 04:38:53 am »

Their posts? He is also deleting other people posts? Somebody here did something to Drag?!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154564 on: November 25, 2020, 04:47:06 am »

Their posts? He is also deleting other people posts? Somebody here did something to Drag?!
I am just not sure about Drag's gender and am refering to them as "they". But since everyone else is saying "he", I wills switch to that.

About somebody doing something to him, I do not think both here and intentionaly. His last posts were in Ameripol thread and here.
Ameripol may have got a bit heated, as political debates tend to. Here, it was at the end of the discussion about Rage and stuff about Trinidad deporting minors.

I was not paying much attention, because I do not know who the Rage are (aside of a music band, obviously), so while I know what other people said, I do not know what Drag said. And I do not generaly watch the Ameripol thread.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154565 on: November 25, 2020, 04:58:06 am »

Oh sorry, he never told me to tell him or she specifically, or corrected me when tell him him, so I call him him.

Im concerned, he is a good pal. I hope it wasnt the fucking depresive post about the deportation. Aparently they were not only found but returned to Trinidad with their families after a judge from the island ordered so.

Did just pm to be sure he is fine at least. Hope he answer back.

Edit: Im still in the queue for gas....
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 05:01:59 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154566 on: November 25, 2020, 05:53:40 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:05:02 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154567 on: November 25, 2020, 05:55:39 am »

Your what? PW?

Im just glad you are okay.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154568 on: November 25, 2020, 06:00:37 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:05:16 pm by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154569 on: November 25, 2020, 08:25:01 pm »

Normally I don't pay much attention to vocals, apart from shoutable choruses or especially nifty lines to quote when sharing a track, but sometimes it really pays to screen lyrics enough to get some idea of a band/artist's views. It's a sad reality, but these days it's the done thing for a lot, probably the majority, of bands to politicise their music. Or even just declare themselves as supporting one side or another even when their music itself was perfectly apolitical and about snake demons and rogue wizards or some shit!   

Yeah, the lofty profession of pop music artists shouldn't get involved in the mundane world of having opinions.
Haha, okay, you've made it very clear that you aren't involved with/invested in any music scene.   
That's fair enough, but just because music doesn't mean anything to you doesn't make this rant about it any less nonsensical. Let me try and put it in terms you can better relate to: imagine if the author and illustrator of a favourite manga of yours came out as, I don't know, being anti-abortion or something like that. How would that make you feel about continuing to consume and (unless you pirate it I guess) support their artistic endeavours? Maybe their work might be special enough, or you're just so invested in the story, that you still continue to read it, but you probably wouldn't feel too comfortable with admitting you're a fan of it.   
Well, not without an attached disclaimer that you acknowledge the creators as terrible people, I guess, but if you have to go to all that effort it would probably just be better not to mention this hypothetical series at all. You see what I mean?   

On a lighter note, describing the kinds of music I was referring to as "pop music" was pretty dang funny. ^-^   

snake demons and rouge wizards?

sounds like a band i would listen to
I pulled that description out of my arse entirely at random, but I'm sure there's at least one doom or psychedelic rock band I'm familiar with that has at least one song about such things, haha.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154570 on: November 25, 2020, 08:32:04 pm »

I mean I'm in the zone out and vaguely ignore lyrics category, but I acknowledge when music is specifically written for political reasons. It's probably the most common song topic next to love/sex and has been for 100 years. I'd have be sort of braindead to listen to, say, Fortunate Son and be like LOL NICE JAMS WHAT IS THIS ABOUT LOL IS IT CANNONS or what have you.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154571 on: November 25, 2020, 11:40:42 pm »

Normally I don't pay much attention to vocals, apart from shoutable choruses or especially nifty lines to quote when sharing a track, but sometimes it really pays to screen lyrics enough to get some idea of a band/artist's views. It's a sad reality, but these days it's the done thing for a lot, probably the majority, of bands to politicise their music. Or even just declare themselves as supporting one side or another even when their music itself was perfectly apolitical and about snake demons and rogue wizards or some shit!   

Yeah, the lofty profession of pop music artists shouldn't get involved in the mundane world of having opinions.
Haha, okay, you've made it very clear that you aren't involved with/invested in any music scene.   

No I'm totally invested in the music scene, I'm a musician, probably know a whole lot more about it than you do, I was just making fun of you complaining about there being politics in the music side of things, while simultaneously saying they shouldn't because they're basically clowns. You just can't recognize irony.

(and for note: i own like 2 anime DVDs, which are both way mainstream movies, and exactly two manga books which are both single volume things. and uncountable amounts of CDs worth of music. I've been into music since the 80s, got into the Japanese stuff only in the last 5-10 years tops, and don't even collect any of that stuff. don't put people into boxes)

You can't simultaneously ask for any meaning in your music while saying that you think musicians should also stay in their box so as not to upset anyone with politics. Musicians are free to sing about anything they want, or to have opinions outside their music. People who are well known are just going to have a platform for saying whatever the fucking hell they want. This isn't specific to music. The same logic would say that sportspeople shouldn't express political opinions, book writers shouldn't express political opinions, it's basically a call for everyone to not express political opinions if the thing they got known for wasn't specifically politics related, which is really a call to put people in boxes and get upset when they do something outside their box.

What musos think in their day to day life isn't going to color my enjoyment of whatever they put out unless they come out as full on Neo Nazis or something.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 12:38:42 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154572 on: November 26, 2020, 05:43:45 am »

LMAO okay, I bet you use the word muso-- oh wait, holy shit, you actually did-- and play in a pub rock/touhou covers band or some shit.   
So, it's clear that you have no clue what I mean by scene, but I get the impression you're being wilfully ignorant about the rest of what I said, too. Sure, musicians "can have opinions outside their music". Of course. The thing is, this isn't the '80s any more. The internet is a thing. Just about every band/artist out there has at least one social media page, in other words, a platform by which to express whatever views they may hold.   
And, on the flip side, just about every listener has the means to look up the bands they follow on said social media, and if said band or artist has decided to use their platform to express those "outside opinions", how is the listener supposed to reconcile that with their songs about snake demons, rogue wizards, love/sex or whatever?   

I'm not going to waste any more time on explaining these things to you, given the aforementioned wilful ignorance. FFS, you literally said I was "complaining about there being politics in the music side of things, while simultaneously saying they shouldn't because they're basically clowns". You've never been very bright, but this is impressive even for you, haha. I never said any of those things, and-- wait, never mind, you are already well aware that I never said any of those things. At least, I should certainly hope so.   
If not, perhaps go back and re-read my posts more carefully this time. ::)   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154573 on: November 26, 2020, 08:04:10 am »

I've been observing my sexual (specifically sexual, not romantic) attraction these past 5 days, and I think it's gotten weak. Like, really weak. I don't feel very horny anymore, barring that one time that I felt really horny but then it crashed so low that it needs a log plot to show. There's a tiny amount left, but it ain't much.

When I formatted my gender and all associated male identity, did I erase what was left of my sexual desire? Does it still exist? Do I need to relabel my sexuality again? But then I'd have to split things yet again. I can still find people sexy to some extent, but do I want to fuck them? No, not really. I think the term there is "aesthetic attraction", if I'm not mistaken.

I dunno. The scientist in me says "please stop, it's literally only been 5 days, maybe it's just a low point". Perhaps it just oscillates like this all the time, but now that it's coincided with a big thing in my life, suddenly it's "significant". Textbook post hoc fallacy. Should I just wait or should I do something about it?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #154574 on: November 26, 2020, 08:20:27 am »

Libido is a weird thing, and it can be different for everyone, much like sexual attraction.

Is there any particular reason you’ve been thinking about/monitoring this?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 10303 10304 [10305] 10306 10307 ... 10973