Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10310 10311 [10312] 10313 10314 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13166427 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154665 on: December 09, 2020, 11:09:49 am »

Your sister is doomed to pulbic shame, that is what Im waying.

What an appropriate (almost) misspelling.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154666 on: December 09, 2020, 02:03:22 pm »

My mother sews, and of course I know a little of it because when growing up I was teach a little of everything and boy it has paid off. One thing I have never done is replacing zippers and Im sure theres a special swewing machine just for that.

Well, she was using those pants for grocery shopping. My hope was to prevent it.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #154667 on: December 09, 2020, 02:08:39 pm »

My mother sews, and of course I know a little of it because when growing up I was teach a little of everything and boy it has paid off. One thing I have never done is replacing zippers and Im sure theres a special swewing machine just for that.

Well, she was using those pants for grocery shopping. My hope was to prevent it.

I used pants with a broken zipper to work at a grocery store. Had a safety pin to keep it closed.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154668 on: December 09, 2020, 04:39:44 pm »

Oh one thing is to fix the zipper itself, which generally require gently clamping the sides of the little thing that goes up and down so it does not loses grip on both sides of the zipper. Or as you said, simply using a safety pin or in my case a keyring hopped on the button once.

Now, attaching the zipper to the pant correctly so it doesnt burst and leave you pantless or in shame is the really hard thing.

What an appropriate (almost) misspelling.

Hahahhahaha....
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 04:58:07 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154669 on: December 09, 2020, 05:21:26 pm »

Well, closing the zipper with an external tool would have been possible. Making it close correctly would have been almost impossible.

The slider went up and down, but it did not close the zipper, even though both sides were caught in it. They just slipped right through. It took a lot of effort to close it manualy, with the pants off. And my sister did not use an external tool to close it, even though she knew the zipper did not work.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154670 on: December 11, 2020, 08:40:52 pm »

Kinda surprised how many of my Steam friends are playing Cyberpunk 2077.  I'd seen signs of the hype in webcomics, but I guess I'm just not hip to current games anymore.  I'd much rather play Borderlands 3 or Bannerlord, but I worry that my old mare of a desktop wouldn't handle them.  Struggles so much with Far Cry 5, gives out pretty often.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154671 on: December 11, 2020, 10:48:00 pm »

I watched a video where someone got Cyberpunk 2077 to "work" (30 FPS, Low, 720p, 100% Res. Scale) on a Ryzen 5 3400G with Vega 11 graphics. TechPowerUp says that thing's near a GTX 650 Ti or an HD 5850, so if your card's more powerful than that, it's at least playable.

Then again, if it's giving out on Far Cry 5 (which I'd imagine to be on Lowest at sub-1080p), I'm not quite sure that your machine's that powerful. I'd say upgrade the GPU first, since that's likely where most of your performance bottleneck is, assuming the CPU isn't terrible. A GTX 1050 would be a good upgrade (assuming it's not a small-form-factor PC; those things usually can't fit one in there). At least most games are playable on that card, which I'd imagine is a step up from whatever you're currently using.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154672 on: December 11, 2020, 11:14:49 pm »

Nvidia Geforce and whatever.

It literally took several minutes to load the interface, and merely two minutes to load the lesser interface which is coinstalled.  These fucking maroons.

No scratch that Geforce is still doing some install thing.  Hilarious.

My video card is old and I get that.  But I had so much trouble trying to install drivers that I literally made a fresh install of windows (7) and that fixed it.  That shouldn't have fixed it!  It should have been a simple update!  Fuck Nvidia with a rusty outdated driver!

(and after all that, I'm still getting this shit!)

Also fuck Microsoft for trying to force updates to 8/10!  Mobile interfaces on computers!
Just, fuck!  In general!  This timeline suuuuuuuucks!

Edit: My working theory is that installing Windows isn't properly supported on non-SSD drives.  Somehow backdated to 7.  It's swapping constantly when I have gigs of free memory.
Edit2: Saying "SSD drive" is a sin which I actually feel regret for.  Like... "PIN Number", for example.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 11:36:06 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #154673 on: December 11, 2020, 11:40:44 pm »

I know the feel of that sin. Sometime in the last year or two I noticed the online system I work with for our library was infested with old, public facing, notes that had "ISBN number" in them. Had to talk with the techfolk managing admin to get a system wide mass fix of that particular mess, oi.

Like, I didn't actually cause any of it, personally, but that's the sort of thing that inflicts guilt by association, y'know? Gotta' get it dealt with.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154674 on: December 12, 2020, 09:55:08 am »

My related gaming WTF: I actually bought Cyberpunk 2077, when my only previous opinion of it was to scoff at the hype.   
Well, I didn't technically buy it, I traded in another game that I did recently buy: CoD Black Ops: Cold War. I know, I know, CoD sucks. I just wanted to try the campaign since it sounded at least somewhat interesting, mainly for the fact that you get to (slightly) customise your character, which is pretty novel for that kind of game. That coupled with the setting seemed like it could be a bit of good fun - spoiler alert: it wasn't.   

Anyway, it just so happened that 2077 had released the very day before I went to trade said piece of shovelware in. This seemed kinda like a sign of some sort, and more importantly its price was the same as the game I was trading in, which made things just that teensy bit more convenient. If I'd swapped it for Wasteland 3 or XIII or whatever I probably would have ended up with a bunch of giftcards or something making up the difference. Ain't nobody got time for that.   

...So, now I'm stuck with the ridiculously over-hyped, dumbed-down, videogame bastardisation of all things Cyberpunk, despite formerly being adamant that I'd much rather play the tabletop game(s) that inspired it. The character customisation is pretty fun so far, at least, even if you get a grand total of one body type and voice per sex/gender. Haven't really gotten far enough into it to judge anything else yet, though the combat seems a tad on the boring side - kinda makes me want to go back and play more of The Outer Worlds, which I made a pretty feeble attempt at getting into back when I bought it. Embarrassing.   

Oh, right! And my main WTF regarding the game! Can't believe I forgot the whole reason I needed to post here...   
My biggest WTF is this: after getting a little ways into the game on the first character I slapped together, I decided to create another one, have a bit more of a poke around the character creator etcetera. Yeah, I'm a sucker for this kind of thing, okay? Even when the customisation is pretty basic. I made a very different character with a different background, meandered through the first few missions, then went to bed.   
Today, when I started up the game again and went to load my first character, he was gone - my new character had overwritten all the autosaves which were apparently the only saves the game does of its own volition. Say whaaaaat?! There's only one quicksave slot, too.   
I guess what I'm trying to say is, save your game manually or risk losing the damn thing. WTF. At least I was only, say... half an hour into the game? Maybe a bit more, but really it felt like I'd barely made it out of the tutorial, if I even had. Still pretty wacky, though.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154675 on: December 12, 2020, 11:11:18 am »

Huh. So an article on a website (Tedium; it's good stuff) led me to a Tom's Hardware article... from 2010. It's an opinion piece on how Intel, AMD, Nvidia would fare in 10 years. I don't know happened back in 2010 (I was a dumb kid), so I can't comment on it in depth, but it's so interesting to see what someone a decade ago thought the computing industry would go.

A particular highlight is "We have high expectations for AMD in the upcoming decade.". Big oof right there. Anyone remember Bulldozer, that terrible architecture, almost bankrupted AMD? But in the end, they're right. AMD rose from the fucking ashes with Ryzen, and now they're dominating everywhere with the 5000-series, including gaming, a typically-Intel-dominated field. Their RX 6000-series... it's actually competitive with Nvidia, the hell (as long as you're not looking at raytracing)?

Man, 2020's really shaken everything up, for better or for worse.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154676 on: December 12, 2020, 11:57:28 am »

The only thing I know about graphics cards is that, hrrr my GTX 2070 Super goes brrrr.

Mostly because it doesn't take much for it heat up to around 70°C, causing the fans to spin up. On the other hand, it's not entirely bad since the radiator in my room doesn't work half the time and my room is cold as a result.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154677 on: December 12, 2020, 11:45:56 pm »

Both the food and the drink stalls have closed. I know the drinks one should be closed today, but the food one? How desperate has the situation gotten that the fucking food stall closes?

Gee, post-lockdown is proving to be more of an apocalypse than the lockdown itself, since everyone's (but not me) just going back home. If they opened now, they'd be losing money because there's so few customers.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #154678 on: December 13, 2020, 01:00:47 am »

i mean, yup, that's one of the general things going on, yes

turns out lockdown or not a lot of people just don't want to catch the plague (or catch it anyway and end up rekt for days to weeks to ever) so commerce et al craters regardless

but yeah as for how desperate i think, what, literally the worst it's been this year in many places and continuing to spiral upwards as bodies and prospective bodies gum up healthcare systems so yanno the word is "pretty", pretty desperate and getting moreso one thousand two thousand three thousand ah ha ha

someone get me count von count with a plague doctor mask

and a nap

count von count the plague doctor and a nap

go away midnight nobody likes you
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #154679 on: December 13, 2020, 06:36:35 am »

To facilitate genetic transfer between isolated individuals, barnacles have extraordinarily long penises⁠. Barnacles probably have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom, up to eight times their body length.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 10310 10311 [10312] 10313 10314 ... 10983