Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10325 10326 [10327] 10328 10329 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13186177 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154890 on: December 27, 2020, 04:36:14 am »

Hmm. Might make using certain gun sights more annoying, because you'd usually have one eye down the sights while the other has an unobstructed view.
I've never heard of anyone using the iron sights on a gun with both eyes open.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154891 on: December 27, 2020, 04:50:27 am »

Buuuut I'd say that seeing VR in 2D won't really boost your performance that much because I get the feeling there's more to VR's intensiveness than just having two cameras.

I suppose, yeah. Between the texture resolution, shadows and lighting, antialiasing, the various postprocessing effects... the two-camera thing's the least of your worries. But you know there's people desperate enough to set everything below minimum settings, and then turn off one eye entirely, just to see 30FPS. It's inevitable. There's probably more people than you'd expect doing that. Look at how "popular" Intel (integrated) graphics have become lately ("lately" being 8 months ago? My sense of time's screwed), according to the Steam Hardware Survey.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 04:57:59 am by methylatedspirit »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #154892 on: December 27, 2020, 05:09:03 am »

Today, Firefox decided to commit sudoku.

Worked fine in the morning, came back in the afternoon, none of the tabs were responding, decide to kill it and start it up again, wouldn't launch. Figure a restart would fix it. After the restart it claimed the app was not installed and the shortcuts were leading to nothing.

Truly bizzare

Make a full AV scann on your pc.

Having read up on the issue it seems to be a case of certain update/core files becoming unavailable for whatever reason (in my case I'm suspecting a recent windows update resetting some security settings and locking out access to said files)
Reinstalling FF seems to have fixed the problem, also managed to get some of the tabs back (as opening all of them one by one was too much of a hassle) so it's not all bad.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154893 on: December 27, 2020, 06:35:02 am »

I let one of the dogs back in, and he had a hunk of raw meat in his mouth. Where the hell did he get that? It certainly didn't look like anything we had recently. Of course, I got it away from him.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #154894 on: December 27, 2020, 06:39:10 am »

And claimed it for yourself.

Also your dog may be a mass murderer. Or there's a postman with a veeeeeeeery tender posterior.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154895 on: December 27, 2020, 08:12:19 am »

Dog got into the trash. It was apparently a piece of venison my parents threw out.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #154896 on: December 27, 2020, 09:32:33 am »

Long pork
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154897 on: December 27, 2020, 10:01:18 am »

Sorry, wrong thread.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154898 on: December 27, 2020, 11:58:30 am »

Hmm. Might make using certain gun sights more annoying, because you'd usually have one eye down the sights while the other has an unobstructed view.
I've never heard of anyone using the iron sights on a gun with both eyes open.

We had red dots rather than straight iron sights, but that's how the Lt. told us to shoot when I was in. *Shrug*

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #154899 on: December 27, 2020, 12:58:44 pm »

Oh... that's how the gun safety training course I had when I was younger recommend to shoot. Prior to that family (my own, and lots of other folks taking the course, for that matter) had taught with one eye closed, but the training folks pointed out (entirely correctly) that shutting off a good chunk of your field of vision when you're aiming a deadly weapon is, like. Less than ideal. Don't do that.

Took some getting used to (mostly to figure out which of the two barrels I was seeing to aim down :P), but not much, and it didn't cause anything in the way of worse accuracy afterwards.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154900 on: December 28, 2020, 05:38:48 am »

blue still being a bam and trying to lay at top of 8ft wall/bushes. (leaning to her part-crow tendency I guess)... need to go out with the loppers and cut it all back again but given I almost cracked my skull this morning after skating over an ice sheet I so don't feel like doing this today -.- so cold

alternative is worse though - now you get to climb icy walls for breakfast. fml

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #154901 on: December 28, 2020, 09:54:12 pm »

Oh... that's how the gun safety training course I had when I was younger recommend to shoot. Prior to that family (my own, and lots of other folks taking the course, for that matter) had taught with one eye closed, but the training folks pointed out (entirely correctly) that shutting off a good chunk of your field of vision when you're aiming a deadly weapon is, like. Less than ideal. Don't do that.

Took some getting used to (mostly to figure out which of the two barrels I was seeing to aim down :P), but not much, and it didn't cause anything in the way of worse accuracy afterwards.

I've never been able to do the "shoot with both eyes" thing. For short-range at a fairly wide target, I'm OK, but if I'm trying to do any kind of distance work I'm all over the place. Of course, my gun is pretty small and it might work better with a longer sight radius.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #154902 on: December 28, 2020, 10:32:46 pm »

I've never been able to do the "shoot with both eyes" thing. For short-range at a fairly wide target, I'm OK, but if I'm trying to do any kind of distance work I'm all over the place. Of course, my gun is pretty small and it might work better with a longer sight radius.
You dont shoot with bow eyes. He who shoots with bow eyes has forgotten the face of his father.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #154903 on: December 28, 2020, 11:00:18 pm »

I understood that reference

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154904 on: December 29, 2020, 03:58:23 am »

blue still being a bam and trying to lay at top of 8ft wall/bushes. (leaning to her part-crow tendency I guess)... need to go out with the loppers and cut it all back again but given I almost cracked my skull this morning after skating over an ice sheet I so don't feel like doing this today -.- so cold

alternative is worse though - now you get to climb icy walls for breakfast. fml

Is blue an offspring of a crow and another corvid? Is there not another way to get her back than dropping her by cutting things under her, or climbing to her? A net perhaps?

Anyway, I hope you don't have a serious concussion.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.
Pages: 1 ... 10325 10326 [10327] 10328 10329 ... 10983