Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10329 10330 [10331] 10332 10333 ... 10981

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13150556 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154950 on: January 02, 2021, 09:52:12 am »

I think my brain's stopped being used to sugar throughout my stay on campus. I celebrated my birthday today, and when I ate a reasonable (to me) amount of cake, I can feel some dizziness and dehydration. It's so strange that my tolerance for sugar has dropped so much that I can't even eat two slices of cake before my body starts warning me that I'm eating too much sugar. Complex carbs are fine, but sugar's apparently not.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #154951 on: January 02, 2021, 09:56:19 am »

I’m not sure you can have tolerance for sugar, but it’s probably a good thing you’re not eating a bunch of it anyway
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154952 on: January 02, 2021, 10:04:32 am »

Why not ask your parents or other doctors about it. Is weird you feel like that, even after being deprived of sugar for a prolonged time.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154953 on: January 02, 2021, 10:08:18 am »

I am definitely not a doctor, but atypical side effects after eating sugar are one of the ways we figure out if someone is developing diabetes. I'm saying this less for meth and more for anyone else who might be reading.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154954 on: January 02, 2021, 10:10:43 am »

dizziness and 'dehydration' are kind of what sugar does.

yes, if you cut it out, suddenly consuming it again will give you some farting, some headaches, and a healthy sugar crash.

I think the scariest thing about diabetes is that when a diabetic starts to have low blood sugar they can become so focused, and aggressively so, on whatever they are trying to do that they dont stop to eat.  I get hangry, but they get physically hangry lol.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 10:12:31 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154955 on: January 02, 2021, 10:13:40 am »

When you eat monosaccharides, you get an insulin spike in your body which supposedly causes tiredness and brain fog.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154956 on: January 02, 2021, 04:13:52 pm »

Yeah pisskop I've heard that fasting can have a mind-focusing effect. I had a teacher who lived in India while doing his thesis work, who slept for four hours a day and had brain fog and sleepiness until he began fasting at the suggestion of, I guess, the supervisor monk at the monastery he was staying at. He was studying traditional Indian architecture I think.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 04:28:45 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #154957 on: January 02, 2021, 04:22:57 pm »

I definitely do my best work while hungry.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154958 on: January 02, 2021, 04:25:46 pm »

I can't tell if I do or not. When I know I'm going to have a midterm, I go out and buy an iced coffee and a BLT with avocado. Then I don't eat until I'm probably around 3/4 through the test, I just sip the coffee. At the 3/4 mark I tell the professor: "I'm going to eat my sandwich now," and then I sit there eating my sandwich. Then I finish the test.

am I the asshole?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154959 on: January 02, 2021, 04:30:56 pm »

Not a big biologist but I guess it could just be when the body is low on blood sugar it buckles down into mission problem solving mode whereas when it's full it sorts of slows down to not use energy when it's not needed.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154960 on: January 02, 2021, 05:21:36 pm »

Makes sense, maybe the secret to success is to not eat.  I've heard the lower metabolism does wonders for fighting senescence
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154961 on: January 02, 2021, 06:09:05 pm »

I think there is even a formal diet on it called prehistoric o paleolithic diet or something, which tries to emulate the averge caloric input of food cavemen where supposed to have.

The goal is eating less to slow down methabolic functions.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 06:21:04 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154962 on: January 02, 2021, 06:18:01 pm »

I think there is even a formal diet on it called prehistoric o paleolithic diet or something, which tries to emulate the averge caloric input of food cavemen where supposed to have.

REJECT calories

RETURN to monke
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154963 on: January 02, 2021, 06:36:17 pm »

The paleolithic diet is based on eating things that ancient hunter-gatherers ate.  There's nothing scientific about unless you count pseudo-science, it's yet another scam like homeopathic (diluted by water) medicine.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154964 on: January 02, 2021, 06:39:11 pm »

That is, it's an excuse for rich people's meat-heavy diets.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: 1 ... 10329 10330 [10331] 10332 10333 ... 10981