Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10330 10331 [10332] 10333 10334 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13168985 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154965 on: January 02, 2021, 07:12:32 pm »

Yum - grasshoppers, carrion and pine cones.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154966 on: January 02, 2021, 07:43:22 pm »

That is, it's an excuse for rich people's meat-heavy diets.
It is, and that's pants-on-head.  Ancient hunter-gatherers *gathered*, consuming plants most of the time.  And yet this [redacted rant] fad is an excuse for chowing down on domesticated animals.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154967 on: January 02, 2021, 07:57:18 pm »

Just the other day saw a documentary about how early humans, in middle east at least, had a diet from a least 250 different sources, can't recall if it was refering just the plants or also fish and animals, I think it was the first.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #154968 on: January 02, 2021, 07:59:34 pm »

Imagine thinking our paleo-ancestors would not utterly gorge on calorifically dense foods like chocolate in order to build far reserves in preparation forvtimes of scarcity...
This is a blank sig.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154969 on: January 02, 2021, 08:12:07 pm »

When there's nothing sweet about chocolate.  It's bitter, even, and most people consume it mixed with milk and sugar for that reason.

True "dark" chocolate is very good, but I have no sense of smell and limited taste.  I love when a food kicks me in the face.

And when it comes to survival, I definitely don't rely on killing animals. Impractical.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154970 on: January 02, 2021, 08:28:04 pm »

If my wiki walking is accurate, there are actually 2 versions of the paleo diet.

The first is exactly as Rolan described; strict adherence to what paleolithic humans ate. No processed foods, no comforts of the modern world. I think this has a tendency to cross over into a raw food diet, which is exactly what it sounds like.

Then there's Paleo 2.0, which allows for eating things that are analogous to what they ate. Processed foods are allowed, so long as their composition is similar to what paleo humans ate.

I still think it's BS, either way. I think the only reason this stuff has any benefit is because it makes you think about what you eat. There's better ways to do that without restricting your diet to meat, meat and more meat. I quite enjoy meat, but I'd be sick of it if all I ate was just meat.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154971 on: January 02, 2021, 08:50:42 pm »

Well, a diet of nuts, berries, and meat would do wonders for most people.  Add in some rice or 'tatos and bam
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154972 on: January 02, 2021, 09:02:52 pm »

Well, a diet of nuts, berries, and meat would do wonders for most people.  Add in some rice or 'tatos and bam

you've got a stew going?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154973 on: January 02, 2021, 09:11:34 pm »

om nom nom

Spoiler: Tuna Salad (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Omelette (click to show/hide)

I mean, it's not quite paleo, but it's kind of close.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154974 on: January 02, 2021, 09:34:35 pm »

you've got a stew going?
Indeed, sounds like my kind of stew/soup.
She/they

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #154975 on: January 03, 2021, 01:04:23 am »

I'm pretty sure I literally cooked that, once. Some kind of raspberry pork roast thing? Strawberry? Something berry, with maybe pecans or peanuts or somethin'. Vaguely remember it was pretty alright, but it's been a few years.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154976 on: January 03, 2021, 01:06:00 am »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154977 on: January 03, 2021, 06:00:16 am »

What's tato's, precious?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154978 on: January 03, 2021, 06:09:12 am »

'tatos is american slang for "potatoes".  See also, 'taters.

For you Spanish speaking folks, I believe the word is "Papas". (not to be confused with the other kinds of papas)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154979 on: January 03, 2021, 06:15:25 am »

It's been raining for pretty much an entire day where I am. How?! It's cold as shit (24°C - 26°C (75°F - 79°F), I'm expecting to be laughed at), my body's just barely producing enough heat to not freeze to death (metaphorically speaking, I think hypothermia needs a lower temperature than that). I like cold as much as the next guy, but this is getting ridiculous.
Pages: 1 ... 10330 10331 [10332] 10333 10334 ... 10983