Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10333 10334 [10335] 10336 10337 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13147464 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #155010 on: January 06, 2021, 02:21:17 am »

Now, doing it myself... what kind of file are you talking about? Surely not those big ones you use for smoothing down wood or stuff. I have a nail clipper with a tiny file attached to it, but would that be enough to handle an entire body's worth of nails?
There is a thing known as a nail file. Presumably, it is designed to file nails. I guess that the thing on the nail clipper is it. If it is steel, it should not degrade at all from filing nails, so it will handle it just fine.
A large file for wood or steel would obviously be able to file nails too, but there would be a larger chance, that you accidentaly file your skin as well.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155011 on: January 06, 2021, 02:40:55 am »

You'll just have to accept you're the clueless protagonist of the latest harem manga.

lol.

I wish someone serenaded me with love songs. ;-;

If you're not interested you could try saying you're flattered but unfortunately you're not looking for a relationship right now.
Or that you'd "rather stay friends" so to not hurt her feelings if you do get into a relationship soon.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #155012 on: January 06, 2021, 05:02:45 am »

You could try nail scissors, instead. Cutting across something is generally more effective than trying to clip the whole thing at once, from a physics standpoint.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #155013 on: January 06, 2021, 05:48:06 am »

I use scissors for my toenails and clippers for my fingernails.

I also want to be serenaded.
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155014 on: January 06, 2021, 05:56:42 am »

Or you could try to clip her nails so... wait, got things mixed up.

For your nails, buy a large, sturdy clipper, something to the tune of this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That thing belonged to my grandad and he had it since I have memory, we are talking about 30+++ years, and that rust is recent only because I managed flood our bathroom, spraying water in every direction in one of my attempts at installing the water heater (I finally sucessfuly installed it btw).

You use that to cut your toenails, and in a hurry your fingernails too (I use alcohol to clean it after use anyway), heck it can cut small wires in a pinch.

Now, about the girl, wait out, maybe it was a one time thing, maybe she is already daunted by your lack of response, or maybe she was just playing around.

Woman generally are... complicated, more so than your regular men, I know this is a estereoptype, and as such is largely exagerated but what this means is that most woman aren't necesarily as straigthforward as most men tend to be. The contrary also aplies sometimes, adding to the complexity of the whole issue. It migth have been nothing is what Im trying to say here.

My advice would be to simply do nothing unless she do something like that again, then you migth just ask her (with delicacy) and tell her rigth now you are focused on other things and not interested on a relationship, in oder to not hurt anyone feelings, and if you like her as a friend tell her that so maybe she keeps around and you get a new friend.

I wish someone serenaded me with love songs. ;-;
This ones goes with love to bloop_bleep, keep being cool and painting awesome warhammer minis*:
The greatest song ever, for our special painting crow

*Confused you with another avatar crow user.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 09:01:01 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155015 on: January 06, 2021, 06:00:32 am »

Why are people not straightforward? I’m a woman and I try to be straightforward, why add complications to things?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155016 on: January 06, 2021, 06:06:08 am »

Fear of failure and rejection is number one I guess.

I can tell you from experience. When I was young I was pretty straigth forward with a couple of girls I liked, leading to a high rathe of failure but some minor victories as well.

In the end I stoped being that way to the point I missed some chances and almost missed the best one of my life, when I meet the gal that Im (hope) spending the rest of my life with, I barelly talked to her for like 4 or 6 months even when I was melting for her. We finally married but sometimes I still think I could have missed the train.

This gets to the point being so straigthforward is socially ankward and you look like a sore thumb. Still happens to me from time to time in non romatic situations, but everyday interactions.

Guess a balance must be reached and eventually you find out to whom/when/where you can be like that.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 06:15:56 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155017 on: January 06, 2021, 06:51:34 am »

Woman generally are... complicated, more so than your regular men, I know this is a estereoptype, and as such is largely exagerated but what this means is that most woman aren't necesarily as straigthforward as most men tend to be.

...?

Let's try to not mythologise certain genders.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155018 on: January 06, 2021, 07:03:22 am »

Not a mith, and I said it is a stereotype after all and is never an absolute or a given as NG demostrated rigth away, rigth there pal. Also point out this is mostly from my experience a little bellow and the next post. So sad if all you saw is that...
I'll grant I should have pointed out that it meant straightforwardness in romantic advances.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 07:08:11 am by LordBaal »

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155019 on: January 06, 2021, 07:11:05 am »

You could try nail scissors, instead. Cutting across something is generally more effective than trying to clip the whole thing at once, from a physics standpoint.
My mother has nail scissors. They are not good for toenails. The tangs are so thin, that they tend to bend. I generaly shorten my nails without tools, if they get too tough, I use regular scissors.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155020 on: January 06, 2021, 07:20:05 am »

We used nail scissors with pete when he was newborn and like the first year and half. Really would not know how good they are in adults.

If I understand you Mathel, you bite your nails? Or how do you shorten them without tools? Genuinely interested.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 07:22:47 am by LordBaal »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155021 on: January 06, 2021, 07:25:26 am »

I use a style of nail scissors I was suggested by a doctor as a young teenager when I had a bunch of repeated nail tights ingrown nails.
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155023 on: January 06, 2021, 07:33:02 am »

Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155024 on: January 06, 2021, 07:43:19 am »

No no, serenaded you will be! Love is no joke kid! I know you might wanted to be serenaded by somebody young, attractive, single and readily available in your locations, and not a 30+, married with children caveman from south america... but love is love  :P ;)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 07:45:35 am by LordBaal »
Pages: 1 ... 10333 10334 [10335] 10336 10337 ... 10980