Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10339 10340 [10341] 10342 10343 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13171365 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #155100 on: January 08, 2021, 07:30:00 pm »

I think I need to specify. The dorm block has rooms and the toilets, right? The toilets are outside the rooms, and the main entrance is open (the stalls obviously have doors). Guess where the cats go at night. It's not the rooms (unless it's Catto; she generally prefers to climb into my room unannounced through the window and sleep in my room), that's for sure. Still odd that they specifically choose my stall.

Cats are just a normal thing where I live. They hang around, do their cat stuff, then eventually someone takes pity on them and feeds them. I adopted Catto by petting her so much that she loves me now. She's still an outdoor cat, but I think she likes my company. No-one bats an eye when I tell my friends that I "own" a cat. As long as they don't start pissing or shitting on the floor, it's generally fine to have cats here.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #155101 on: January 08, 2021, 07:39:18 pm »

I need a cat. All I have is this lousy baby.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #155102 on: January 08, 2021, 07:41:04 pm »

Could probably sell the baby and buy a cat, I guess? please don't actually traffic your child for pet money
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #155103 on: January 09, 2021, 01:19:45 am »

I think Windows got a bit drunk. Task Manager reports that my SATA SSD has model number TS128GSSD370S... which is the model number of my old old SSD that only had 128GB, and that's a Transcend drive. I donated that one to a hospital laptop. I'd get it if it only loaded in the old SSD's model number, "GAMER L TA1D0480A", but how'd it get so drunk that it ends up loading in the model number from 2 drive replacements ago? Is it because it has some odd characters in it, with model number "SPCC 2.5¡±" (that's an inverted exclamation mark)?

Now I wonder what happens if I plug this SSD into a brand-new Windows system, completely blank. Will Windows just shit itself trying to figure out what its name is? Does it give up, just producing a blank name?

Also, I found what the "Best USB Device" from the laugh thread actually is: "ASMedia ASM1051 USB 3.0 to SATA Bridge". It's hard to find an actual datasheet for this thing; the ASM1061, a PCIe 2.0 to SATA chip, is easy to find datasheets for, but the 1051 is hard as shit to get data on. I'll assume it's only as fast as the slowest standard between the two, so 600MB/s maximal transfer rate. Maybe I should buy one of those super-fast (by SATA standards) Samsung SSDs to test how fast these controllers work.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 09:53:09 am by methylatedspirit »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155104 on: January 09, 2021, 08:39:29 am »

i figured out if i close my eyes the chicken will copy me and then it will fall asleep. :L

i was trying to see if the 'blink slowly' had a similar effect on chickens that it had on cats

this chicken snores a lot (respiratory issue)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155105 on: January 09, 2021, 09:10:54 am »

Its a goofy premise about a goofy character who has to learn to deal with his unbridled hormones.

Like, private parts are funny just by their nature.
So is goofy hijinks.

Tastefully handled, it'll just be a pet dog or haunting ghost or something.  It doesnt have to do anything obtuse or overt to be a reference to how our bodies change over time and we have to check our changing emotions and confront the need for social norms while still being accommodating to those who have divergences from that norm.

There's a certain amount of maturity and grace this show can take.  What if wallace and gromit, but dicks?

It's more.. Hmm...  John is an ordinary guy, who happens to have a penis with a mind of its own, and his having to learn to deal with it.

The pilot episode (Ok, fine, I will give a link) has him trying to have a simple brautwurst BBQ, but being interrupted by a member of his household, and told to walk the dogs.  He wants to buy replacement brautwurst, 9since his attempts to light the BBQ were previously met with disaster after his prehensile penis tried to light it in a dangerous fashion) but the dogs desperately want to go pee on the telephone pole.  To be able to reach the brautwurst vendor's window, he uses his penis to hold the dog's leashes, while he conducts the transaction, then discretely returns home to grill the new brautwurst.

Upon arriving home, his family member had volunteered him to walk all the other dogs on the block.  Things go sideways quickly.

If any of our European friends is fluent in Danish, I would love to know what everyone is saying.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #155106 on: January 09, 2021, 11:26:53 am »

Upon arriving home, his family member had volunteered him to walk all the other dogs on the block. 

That's a dick move.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #155107 on: January 09, 2021, 11:38:33 am »

The part where dongman is the only person with a face is definitely a... thing. It's like reverse hentai. Also fairly surreal/horrifying.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #155108 on: January 09, 2021, 03:46:10 pm »

Sooo pretty much the entire nation of Pakistan is out of power.
Darkness!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155109 on: January 09, 2021, 04:01:24 pm »

Pfff, rookies. Tell me when they last more than a week like that.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #155110 on: January 11, 2021, 04:38:44 am »

I wonder sometimes if I might just be some variety of asexual (not outright asexual, but grey asexual). I've previously mentioned my lowering libido, and while it's definitely quite low right now (as if it's not low enough), that's not the thing that's making me question myself.

Let's put it this way; my friends are generally much hornier than I am. And at this point, it's tiring me out. I get it, that desire is natural, but goddamn, why the fuck do these people want relationships (of the romantic-sexual kind; I don't think they have the ability to separate those two) so damn much?! Why does it seem like it's their end goal in life?! Why does it matter so much?! Some of them even sound like they've been reading Freud a bit too much!

I don't get it. Like, sure, I have some desire for sexual relationships, I do indeed wish to have sex, but that's not my life's goal. If anything, it's very far down my to-do list. Sex is the least of my concern. I'm only bringing it up because I'm used to feeling that sex is at least vaguely desirable, if not something I should chase.

Maybe it's because I'm not quite sure what to do with my genitals, since I wish to decouple my biological sex from my gender (for reference, it's "No."), which is a difficult preposition in itself. The whole topic is a bit uncomfortable for me. Notice my unwillingness to state "dick" or "vagina" post(-social-)-transition, instead going for "genitals"; that's quite reflective of it.

Either way, my attitude towards sex is getting closer and closer to total apathy, and I'm wondering what the hell is going on with me. I'm a bit distressed, honestly. Can't tell if it's my enbyness or it's just the sheer horniness of everyone around me that's making me realize that.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155111 on: January 11, 2021, 04:48:05 am »

Just gonna point out that relationships and sex aren't the same.

That said, as somebody with very little sex drive, I understand completely.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #155112 on: January 11, 2021, 05:26:31 am »

Just gonna point out that relationships and sex aren't the same.

Thanks for pointing that out. I keep conflating the two like they're the same.

I asked myself "Would you want a one-night-stand some day?" and "Would you want a relationship with sex as one of its main components?". The former, I got "Theoretically yes, but very infrequently". The latter, "I'd get tired of it. Could put up with infrequently, but a whole-ass relationship? No."

Very weak at most on both counts. I think what I said stands.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #155113 on: January 11, 2021, 05:34:36 am »

Mm, your stance seems very similar to mine, in that way. Previously had myself pegged as ace, but I suppose that's not entirely accurate. I'm just relatively low down that particular sliding scale, I guess.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155114 on: January 11, 2021, 12:25:02 pm »

Meanwhile for me, it's more:

Would you want a one night stand with somebody?
Ew no.

Would you want a long term relationship with somebody that includes sex?
Maybe?

Would you want a close physical relationship with somebody where sex isn't really part of it?
Absolutely yes. Bring on the couch cuddles while watching Ghibli movies together.
Pages: 1 ... 10339 10340 [10341] 10342 10343 ... 10983