Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10364 10365 [10366] 10367 10368 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13189370 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #155475 on: January 28, 2021, 09:16:59 pm »

If the cat adopted meth you mean.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155476 on: January 28, 2021, 09:17:22 pm »

Wait, is Catto your own cat or just a stray you temporarily adopted? If he’s yours, then you should take her and the kittens to wherever you plan to go to after 4 weeks. Dunno what to say if they’re a stray though.

She's a stray cat. I just adopted her because I thought it would be nice to have a pet. (Really, I'd complain about misgendering, but I don't think that cats have the capacity to understand what gender is or its cultural significance. I just call Catto a she because she has female genitals, and also she gave birth.
It's a massive pitfall to do this to humans, but for other animals, it's about the only choice anyone has. I put the gender of pets under "unverifiable". I default to sex = gender in this case.)

Wait, is Catto your own cat or just a stray you temporarily adopted? If he’s yours, then you should take her and the kittens to wherever you plan to go to after 4 weeks. Dunno what to say if they’re a stray though.

Sorry about that. When I first made my post, I made sure to look it over and I corrected my usage of "his" to "her", but it seems like I made did this mistake twice without realizing it.

Anyway, good luck with them. Have you thought of bringing Catto with you anyway? It's not like anybody would miss them. Transportation is a problem that can be solved (as long as you aren't traveling by plane), but maybe your new place wouldn't accommodate them very well.

Fakeedit: Ninjaed
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 09:23:37 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155477 on: January 29, 2021, 07:34:40 am »

If you're moving out, well.. Time to buy a cat travel box large enough to fit a mom and kittens.
If your low on money you can sometimes find them at thrift stores, or if you can't find one you can always use a file box to take them with you.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #155478 on: January 29, 2021, 08:41:51 am »

Since it's just plain risky to have kittens literally in your room, I've decided (okay, my parents did, and I went along with it) that I had to relocate the kittens to a similarly-dark place. I feel kinda bad, but I think this had to happen. I can't just let the kittens poo all over my cupboard (or is it a shelf?), and it would've been a massive hygiene problem. I did use plastic gloves to handle them, though. It's just a cardboard box and a lot of tissues for the bottom.

At least on Catto's end, she seems to be sad, but compliant. I feel like I've betrayed her, but I swear that I'm just doing what's best for us (Catto, her kittens, and I). I'll probably have to go through a couple of episodes of convincing her to move back to the box. I'm going to have to change out the lining of tissues (should've gone for old newspapers, but I'm just using what I have), but how often?

If you're moving out, well.. Time to buy a cat travel box large enough to fit a mom and kittens.
Anyway, good luck with them. Have you thought of bringing Catto with you anyway? It's not like anybody would miss them. Transportation is a problem that can be solved (as long as you aren't traveling by plane), but maybe your new place wouldn't accommodate them very well.

Problem is, my sister has already adopted some other stray cats at home. They don't like cat strangers very much. I probably do have to leave them here, and just hope that they don't just die over semester break, which is probably what's gonna happen.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #155479 on: January 29, 2021, 09:10:44 am »

Is there a cat shelter nearby, or people willing to adopt cats?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155480 on: January 29, 2021, 09:12:34 am »

I'd just risk taking them home with you. Your sister's cats might disapprove and grumble, maybe they'll brawl a bit, but cats are usually pretty quick to at least marginally accept another cat in the house. Semester break is a long time to leave a cat unattended, now that it's used to being adopted by you.  In my opinion that would be cruel and bad karma points.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #155481 on: January 29, 2021, 09:18:53 am »

Oh, the cat has kittened now? Can we have pictures please?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 09:20:24 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155482 on: January 29, 2021, 10:54:52 am »

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155483 on: January 29, 2021, 07:27:09 pm »

Bring cat home. All the cats.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155484 on: January 29, 2021, 07:39:04 pm »

catpics plz
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #155485 on: January 29, 2021, 08:29:16 pm »

Oh, the cat has kittened now? Can we have pictures please?
+1
catpics plz
Sure. I can't say they're particularly flattering, though. It was either this or the cupboard, and the cupboard would've been worse.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155486 on: January 29, 2021, 08:37:19 pm »

Babbycatto is adorable.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155487 on: January 29, 2021, 09:32:53 pm »

Found out today I'm completely 100% not crazy about what happened to me when I was 18. I knew that they were lying.

For context, when I was roughly the age of 18, after my first episode with my schizoaffective disorder diagnosis, I had extremely high blood pressure. I was about to have a stroke, and so I went to my local emergency room. I also contacted my health insurance, tricare about what I should do. They say go to your local emergency room, which I did. I don't remember signing any waivers for medical devices or implants, because, according to a friend who contacted me regarding what I'm talking about, because he overheard it? Well, it's 100% legal in the US. If someone or you sign a waiver saying you /do/ consent to medical devices or implants, they have the full legal right and authority to do so, with any medical device or implant if they deem it 'medically necessary'. So now I've got a lot of sadness in my heart. Not anger, hate, or malice, just dissapointment too.

My entire family lied to me about it(OR they honestly didn't know), and lied to my brother who's a lawyer in houston who after my father's death, had made a promise to him beforehand with my other brother to always, always protect me if it came down to it. Well it did, and they were nowhere, but at least I talked to my lawyer-brother who realized I wasn't just hallucinating. That it was a real, documented thing that happened. Now I have to wait for their director of records to reach out to me to even determine if they WILL or will NOT remove it, because they don't even have to remove it. To get them to do so, I would have to pay for a lawyer. Money which I don't have. At least I filed my TX ACLU report. No idea where this is gonna go, but when it happened..I swore upon everything I loved and knew that justice would come, or at least, it would be removed eventually.

Ironic that I got told this after I bent the knee for the second time recently in a long long time. And by bending the knee I mean praying to my higher power that is. I don't understand why people would do this, then lie about it, put it on my treatment plans in mental health hospitals, etc..

I feel betrayed. sorry if this is word spaghetti, I tried to format it, I'm just going wow. Just wow.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155488 on: January 29, 2021, 09:59:39 pm »

If I can ask, what were you implanted with?  I don't know what implant would help with high blood pressure/stroke risk.

Regardless, I'm sorry you apparently have an implant and it was hidden from you?  That's legitimately horrifying.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155489 on: January 29, 2021, 10:06:26 pm »

Stents.

Also possible, clot filters.

Both have potential complications. Filters more so than stets. 

A third possible member of that group is artificial heart valve.
Pages: 1 ... 10364 10365 [10366] 10367 10368 ... 10983