Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10395 10396 [10397] 10398 10399 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13130675 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #155940 on: February 25, 2021, 02:01:02 am »

Screwing around with an all-in-one. This thing has a Pentium J3710, and it's the lowest-power chip I've ever seen. It idles at 1.5 watts, and with Prime95, it goes up to... 3.7W at 2.4 GHz. Talk about power-efficient. It's just a rebranded Atom at this rate. The cooling on it is total dogshit; I bet you, the cooler's just a sheet of copper on top of the CPU die, and there's not even thermal paste between them.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155941 on: February 25, 2021, 06:38:42 am »

I just keep observing pete really, really likes to play as the villian whenever we play games. His favorite is playing as Romeo, and I am Robot and we capture the PJ Masks... really dunno if this is normal. It is amusing but somehow I worry if I'm raising a supervillian... how is that career prospect? Do they make more than doctors? How many supervillians have had loving parents?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #155942 on: February 25, 2021, 09:48:13 am »

Just make sure he's the fun kind and not the capitalist or fascist kind.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155943 on: February 25, 2021, 10:00:22 am »

Oh dont worry. I'll make sure he sticks to plans like stealing the piramids, the moon or making a bomb that makes people naked or something.

Instead of looking fo a large fridge box to move out we should look for a volcano or something?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155944 on: February 25, 2021, 10:25:04 am »

I just keep observing pete really, really likes to play as the villian whenever we play games. His favorite is playing as Romeo, and I am Robot and we capture the PJ Masks... really dunno if this is normal. It is amusing but somehow I worry if I'm raising a supervillian... how is that career prospect? Do they make more than doctors? How many supervillians have had loving parents?
Just make sure he does not stab himself after his crush pretends to poison himself. (I know no other Romeo).
Traditionally, successful supervillains make enough to have supervillain lairs built for themselves. But they have to deal with meddling superheroes constantly destroying said lairs, which most doctors do not (unless they are also supervillains).
Just make sure he reads the Evil Overlord list.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155945 on: February 25, 2021, 11:35:10 am »

Just make sure he does not stab himself after his crush pretends to poison himself. (I know no other Romeo).

The Romeo being referenced is a villain mad scientist little kid from the kids show PJ Masks, about a trio of kid superheros who mostly do adventures after dark to stop a bunch of supervillains who are also children while all the adults are asleep, mind controlled or otherwise indisposed and unaware. My nephew used to love the show. Personally I found it more tolerable than Peppa Pig or that show with the CG talking puppies, but when you're tired of being bashed with playmobil any alternative starts to look good.

My nephew's favorite character was the gecko themed hero as I recall. Got 'beaten up' by him more than once while he quoted the show.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155946 on: February 25, 2021, 12:14:19 pm »

That one! He do likes the heroes and play as them too, catboy being his favorite, but more than anything he loves playing impersonating Romeo, pictured here:

He does the evil laugh and all.

And this would be me if anyone wonders:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 12:19:24 pm by LordBaal »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155947 on: February 25, 2021, 05:05:12 pm »

Okay, to continue on my previous topic, so the girl I was talking about is very smart, sweet, cute, and pretty to an astonishing degree. Why is she so pretty. Genuine wtf. So a concern is I'm worried future relationships would feel like settling.

Also to be clear I don't spend all my time thinking about her. Just recently some of my posts on the forum have been about her.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155948 on: February 25, 2021, 05:09:11 pm »

Oh yoy rascal!

Buy how are things going?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155949 on: February 25, 2021, 05:19:44 pm »

Oh me? Generally alright I guess. Been doing contests and working on an application. It was my first year in a while doing F=ma and from what I've heard from others I think I stand a decent chance of getting to the national level. AMC 10 results aren't back... my quiz bowl team won a competition recently. Been doing stuff with an FPGA. Joined a discord server with classmates just for chatting and they seem to have an opinion that I'm somewhat weird but they don't seem to be avoidant or resentful of me and they give me compliments too so I guess they mean in an endearing way? The girl's there too. The woiks.

It might make sense for me to talk with a friend about this but I'm just not used to that. Being emotionally open somewhere without anonymity feels unusual to me. Stuff that's more than light talk is stuff I usually don't say to my friends.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 05:21:57 pm by bloop_bleep »
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155950 on: February 25, 2021, 06:22:26 pm »

Mm, you'll need to practice a little, but being capable of discussing your deeper feelings is a very good quality for future romantic relationships. And your friends might know more of what's going on, too.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #155951 on: February 25, 2021, 07:41:27 pm »

... damnit, this discussion has me vaguely remembering something I can't remember from where, like some sort of stand up comedy equivalent of a lyric snippet or somethin'.

Dat's the hooch talkin', you done gone blind!

This is going to bother me, now :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155952 on: February 26, 2021, 01:53:10 am »

Removed pending rephrase.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 01:57:58 am by bloop_bleep »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155954 on: February 26, 2021, 05:25:49 pm »

Removed pending rephrase.

it's a blooper, if you will

just got that lol

So unexpectedly today a girl asked me out o_O. And I said yes. So that's a thing.
Pages: 1 ... 10395 10396 [10397] 10398 10399 ... 10979