Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10419 10420 [10421] 10422 10423 ... 10981

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13153774 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #156300 on: March 22, 2021, 10:39:09 pm »

They are apex predators on their enviroments, are agreasive, imposing and also have some mythical/religious connotations (probably because those same very reasons.

Also, the Emprah has a double headed eagle for its fucking Empire. Put that in doubt and get *BLAM*
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #156301 on: March 22, 2021, 10:45:16 pm »

The double-headed eagle was used by Austria-Hungary historically, representing the Dual Monarch. I think the only animal that's been anywhere close to the eagle in heraldry is the lion. Not least because Rome used it, and many nations sense have considered themselves to be Rome's heirs.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156302 on: March 22, 2021, 10:46:04 pm »

emprah is lamer than literally every other god, even the chaos dorks
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #156303 on: March 23, 2021, 02:23:39 am »

Sheep keeps trying to get in the house. Some point after she learned how to escape the pen she decided she wants to be a house pet. Bangs on the screen every night after we and the dogs come inside. She was banging on the siding on the corner earlier. Testing for weaknesses. Surely her thick wool will allow her to go through metal siding the same way it deflects electrical fencing!

But why doesn't she just go back in the pen with the pig to sleep? The pig doesn't hog both beds!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 02:25:25 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #156304 on: March 23, 2021, 05:21:18 pm »

Sheep keeps trying to get in the house. Some point after she learned how to escape the pen she decided she wants to be a house pet. Bangs on the screen every night after we and the dogs come inside. She was banging on the siding on the corner earlier. Testing for weaknesses. Surely her thick wool will allow her to go through metal siding the same way it deflects electrical fencing!

But why doesn't she just go back in the pen with the pig to sleep? The pig doesn't hog both beds!
The pig doesn't hog both beds!
pig doesn't hog

Sir.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #156305 on: March 23, 2021, 08:19:02 pm »

Maybe the pig snores loudly?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156306 on: March 24, 2021, 12:46:50 am »

So the end of this Morrowind dungeon contains a full master's alchemy set and a potion of fortify intelligence, among other goodies.  It's like the game's whispering in my ear to go break it or something.

I'm fairly certain the goal of the quest was to sell all this loot off, so you can pay off the quest-giver, but still...

(There's a well known exploit in brewing and drinking int boosting potions.  Intelligence boosts your alchemy skill, both in terms of success chance but also how actually potent the brew is, including potions of boosting intelligence.  And potion effects can stack.  So assuming a solid supply of ingredients you can have effectively infinite intelligence and infinitely strong potions of whatever effect you might need.)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156307 on: March 24, 2021, 12:56:47 am »

getting it as loot.. So late game!

You can get (grand) master equipment totally legit, early-- Like, Right in Balmora, fresh off the boat early. (Use the guild guide service at the mage's guild to go shopping in the other guild halls.)

And between the temple and Nalcyra of Whitehaven, you have restocking vendors for the ingredients for fortify int potion. (Netch leather from temple priest, Bloatspore from Nalcyra.)

Also, fortified INT also affects your enchantment success rate, and the power cost of enchantments. So, if you boost it into the stratosphere, you can enchant your own equipment way beyond what is reasonable, and have a sustained effect after dispelling the effect with a good dispel potion.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 12:58:47 am by wierd »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156308 on: March 24, 2021, 01:07:22 am »

Actually the Caldera mage guild has a full master's set just sitting there completely unwatched, you can just steal them.  You can bamf there from the Balmora mage guild if you wanted to, and you'll probably end up there anyway for the Creeper vendor to dump expensive stuff, like the armor off those early game assassins.

I had that set but the guards confiscated it after arresting me for something else.  Either way even though I speced my character for alchemy and enchantment, I've mostly being playing the game semi-legit.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #156309 on: March 24, 2021, 01:24:26 am »

All these rhyming words applicable to this sentence: The message was ment for, sent to, and went to, me.
Awesome With Autism

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156310 on: March 24, 2021, 11:11:16 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:06:37 pm by dragdeler »
let

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156311 on: March 24, 2021, 11:12:25 am »

Too much common sense cant we discuss the grass' refractive value like true intellectucentrists?

Some say the grass is always more refractive on the other side.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156312 on: March 24, 2021, 11:19:30 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:06:27 pm by dragdeler »
let

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #156313 on: March 24, 2021, 11:21:56 am »

Smoking the grass makes everything shimmer
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156314 on: March 24, 2021, 11:29:33 am »

And setting grass on fire makes it glow.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.
Pages: 1 ... 10419 10420 [10421] 10422 10423 ... 10981