Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10453 10454 [10455] 10456 10457 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13165938 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #156810 on: April 26, 2021, 07:55:33 am »

Size of your average dinner plate, generally. Most of them over the years have been the totinos brand ones (because if you microwave them, they come out with the consistency of melted cheese and are super easy to fold up), but there's been bigger ones, too.

It's not a healthy amount of pizza to eat in one go, though, no :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156811 on: April 26, 2021, 09:14:15 am »

It's not a healthy amount of pizza to eat in one go, though, no :P

I'd take this opportunity to hide the large pizza I ordered for myself, but luckily I ate the entire thing so no hiding is necessary.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #156812 on: April 26, 2021, 09:19:44 am »

What is cut is cut and shall not be un-cut.  The Pizza cutting motto.

and the lament of foreskins everywhere

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #156813 on: April 26, 2021, 01:06:42 pm »

It's a lot easier to un-cut pizza than it is foreskin, for what it's worth. You can functionally fit pizza back together just by piling up the right kind of cheese at the seams and melting it a bit. You can also chop the pizza up further and then use it as a topping for another pizza, which you don't cut.

Trying those with the other option just ends up with someone in the hospital.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #156814 on: April 26, 2021, 06:32:53 pm »

Instructions unclear; am currently in hospital with heavy lacerations and melted cheese all over what's left of my genitals.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #156815 on: April 26, 2021, 07:42:03 pm »

Apparently, it is possible to surgically "replace" foreskin with a skin transplant from the scrotum, but your insurance probably isnt going to cover that no matter how much was taken off.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156816 on: April 26, 2021, 07:53:47 pm »

So today I learned that not only was Dr. Fauci not imprisoned for the fraud he committed (lying about masks and other COVID stats to make sure people got sick, then telling people to ignore scientists because the vaccine only needs 50% of people to have it), he's still employed. Very successful use of the Nuremberg Defense, which most of the world sees as invalid.

. . . . . ?

Am I the only one that remembers him being one of the last doctors on Earth saying we didn't need masks last year, leading to a lot of people even today citing him as why they won't wear one? His continual changing of what percentage need to be vaccinated?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #156817 on: April 26, 2021, 08:02:15 pm »

So today I learned that not only was Dr. Fauci not imprisoned for the fraud he committed (lying about masks and other COVID stats to make sure people got sick, then telling people to ignore scientists because the vaccine only needs 50% of people to have it), he's still employed. Very successful use of the Nuremberg Defense, which most of the world sees as invalid.

. . . . . ?

Am I the only one that remembers him being one of the last doctors on Earth saying we didn't need masks last year, leading to a lot of people even today citing him as why they won't wear one? His continual changing of what percentage need to be vaccinated?

I can’t speak for the virus percentage thing, but wasn’t he advising against mass mask wearing in order to avoid frontline workers having to go without if people decided they were more important than the people treating the sick?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156818 on: April 26, 2021, 08:12:17 pm »

I remember that about half an hour after he contradicted Donald (who is the Trump) on what to do about Covid, about 9000 stories came out about how he was a super unreliable awful doctor who couldn't be trusted no matter what he said, and also he's trying to subvert the American dream with masks. etc.

As a result I have no idea whatsoever as to what his credentials are.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #156819 on: April 26, 2021, 08:37:46 pm »

That was about the same time we were still wiping our groceries down with disinfectant, and I'm not sure he was the 'last' to make that statement, by any measure, also he was pretty shortly thereafter advising masks and isolating much in opposition to the then-president of the united states, who was even then downplaying the virus  (remember "it'll be over by easter?") and took "firing Fauci" to be one of his campaign points at his rallies, not because he was bad at his job, but because he defied the president.

The really cool thing is that we can change our stances as better information comes out

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #156820 on: April 26, 2021, 09:16:44 pm »

There was some early dissension on how well masks would work, with some reasonable suggestions that conserving them for frontline workers. This would have been coupled with a severe lockdown, and data gradually showed that even though the mask doesn't protect you, wearing one does a lot to protect anybody who isn't you. Pretty much all the anti-Fauci crap is HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE GOD-EMPEROR OF AMERICA Trump-cultist crap.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156821 on: April 26, 2021, 09:32:26 pm »

. . . . . ?

I remember that, but the line from being wrong to "make sure people get sick" is not immediate. Regarding the change in percentage needing to be vaccinated, I can say sincerely that it's something that epidemiologists have to calculate on the fly based on how contagious the virus is. Virus mutates -> percentage needing vaccination changes.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #156822 on: April 27, 2021, 01:46:45 am »

Its based on more things. People's behavior, strain contagiousness, etc.
In the end this is not a magic number. The percentage of people that need to be vaccinated for the numbers to go down will be known *after* that is reached, not before. Blaming Fauci for a shifting number doesnt make any sense.

I think Fauci was a latecomer about masks but not the last one to arrive by far. I think by summer last year he was already advocating masks?
All in all denial of it being airborne has been a problem with public health institutions for the last year
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #156823 on: April 27, 2021, 01:54:08 am »

I'd like to live wherever you are that politics isn't a regular cause for WTF. Must be nice.
Actually, politics is almost always a cause for WTF where I live, so I empathize with you. Politics is/has ruined the country I live in and I'm so sick of it that I just want it all to go away. Personally, I despise politics and what it collectively has done to the world throughout history and will just leave it at that.

Please understand my comments were not directed at you or anyone else in a personal way, just at the thread taking a political turn. Methylatedspirit and Vector gave the reasoning for not having politics in this thread better than I ever could, and I thank them.

And remember when I was getting yelled at for bring politics into this thread people?

I'll just leave this here as proof that masks were in fact a political issue (and probably still are)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #156824 on: April 27, 2021, 08:58:17 am »

My phone entered a bit of a bootloop state for 15 minutes, to the point that Recovery and Fastboot mode were seemingly-unusable (I've never seen the recovery on this thing, mind you), and now it's back to normal. What in the hell happened? Is there a way I can pull crash logs via ADB? I'm curious.
Pages: 1 ... 10453 10454 [10455] 10456 10457 ... 10983