Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10474 10475 [10476] 10477 10478 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997878 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #157125 on: May 15, 2021, 11:25:50 am »

Didn't we used to have a member who specifically identified as "trap"? Maybe that was just the IRC... Curious individual. Claimed that straight men didn't exist because they'd yet to have been turned down after bringing someone home from a bar and "revealing".

I recall reading something like that, but I don't know if it was here or elsewhere.  It's probably a common saying on the net.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157126 on: May 15, 2021, 12:21:31 pm »

I wonder where that "::foo::" notation came from. It feels like some amalgamation of C++'s double colon operator and an escape sequence. Then again, I've never seen anyone write "std::vomit::" or similar.
I use it (with single colons) because I live on Discord these days.  So :think: means that thinking face.

Also I was very drunk last night and I apologize :sad:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157127 on: May 15, 2021, 03:38:41 pm »

I've been screamed at and called a trap in public by a random stranger before. Correct. It's an anti-trans slur.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157128 on: May 15, 2021, 04:17:25 pm »

I'm actually sort of floored by that.

Never heard it used that way. The more you know, I suppose.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #157129 on: May 15, 2021, 04:25:30 pm »

Didn't we used to have a member who specifically identified as "trap"? Maybe that was just the IRC... Curious individual. Claimed that straight men didn't exist because they'd yet to have been turned down after bringing someone home from a bar and "revealing".

What a strange belief.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #157130 on: May 15, 2021, 04:31:16 pm »

Some time ago on reddit there was a movement to change out "trap" for "femboy". I think it was somewhat successful as I don't think I've read the word "trap" in a while, but before that there was quite some drama as some people didn't want to come to terms with its transphobic usage.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #157131 on: May 15, 2021, 04:39:10 pm »

I mean, femboy sounds pretty derisive to me.  But maybe as a cis white male I'm not cool enough to have an opinion.

Trap, to me, refers more to the act of pursuing men while not informing them of your current equipment loadout.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #157132 on: May 15, 2021, 04:55:35 pm »

I wonder where that "::foo::" notation came from. It feels like some amalgamation of C++'s double colon operator and an escape sequence. Then again, I've never seen anyone write "std::vomit::" or similar.
I use it (with single colons) because I live on Discord these days.  So :think: means that thinking face.

Also I was very drunk last night and I apologize :sad:

You could also copy-paste the unicode emoji: 🤔
Which will probably show up but it depends on the software the viewer is using, I think. If you hit preview they don't show up but that's just some weird bug.

I keep this on my bookmarks bar: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emoji#Unicode_blocks
Can still be a little hard to find the right one since there's so many though, so it's more of a high-effort thing than using them in discord.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157133 on: May 15, 2021, 05:02:45 pm »

I like that every emoji in that page is associated with its respective item and wiki page. The thing that's freaking me out just slightly is that they can put emoji in the URL. Look!

(Also, Wikipedia has a page for the laughing-crying emoji, which is just kinda hilarious.)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157134 on: May 15, 2021, 05:54:01 pm »

Trap, to me, refers more to the act of pursuing men while not informing them of your current equipment loadout.

This is how I've always heard it used, but not limited to a gender. The whole deliberately concealing one's sex thing.

Did not hear it referred to as a slur til now.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157135 on: May 15, 2021, 06:19:40 pm »

You might find it even more humorous that I was wearing long skirts at the time (although had on sensible shoes and a short haircut, and was admittedly very skinny). Oh, and I'm about 5'3". And was crossing the street unaccompanied.

Here's the thing -- of course it's a slur. Pretty much all non-medical terminology used to describe trans women in any context becomes a slur. Additionally, trans women are generally treated as being in the constant pursuit of cis people, even though many trans people prefer to date other trans people and most (?) are in queer relationships regardless. Point is: there's a lot of assumptions here, but because trans women existing in public are assumed to be "in pursuit" at all times, it becomes an appropriate slur to use at all times.

Next time, gotta get a bumper sticker informing the populace as to present genital configuration ... red alert! red alert!

(I'm not a trans woman. Or transfeminine)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 06:24:10 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157136 on: May 15, 2021, 06:23:19 pm »

Vector, I like you just the way you are.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #157137 on: May 15, 2021, 06:28:37 pm »

What a strange belief.

No less strange than criminalizing non-heteronormative behaviour.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #157138 on: May 15, 2021, 08:01:39 pm »

Perhaps it's a tongue-in-cheek inversion of the naive sentiment that some men think that they can turn a gay gal straight if they just got some good dick?

Hard to say without context, but I'll try to be optimistic.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157139 on: May 15, 2021, 08:06:49 pm »

What they is saying is that when they bring home a stray man from the bar the man invariably, without fail, accepts the situation when confronted with a blowjob and sex.

Theyre saying the dick isnt a dealbreaker when the man is alone and horny.  Which makes me wonder, of course, what I would do in such a spot.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 10474 10475 [10476] 10477 10478 ... 10973