Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10479 10480 [10481] 10482 10483 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13173693 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #157200 on: May 19, 2021, 11:23:29 am »

The Mafia Championship started, so that might account for some increase in activity.  People wanting to check out our Champion.  But that sort of data log doesn't really fit.

I sent a PM to Toady, linking to this discussion.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157201 on: May 19, 2021, 02:12:28 pm »

Yeah, I doubt it's Mafia or I'd also expect an influx of people signing up for our open game :P
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157202 on: May 19, 2021, 02:14:57 pm »

What is the best way of contacting Toady do you think? It seems like this isn't something that should wait.

I think sacrificing a goat is the traditional way.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157203 on: May 19, 2021, 02:22:25 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:46:48 pm by dragdeler »
let

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #157204 on: May 19, 2021, 04:24:54 pm »

Nothing is more shocking to me than logging into my alt account to use youtube for something.  Just  . . .  completely different experience wrt recommendations. youtube really puts me into a bubble.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157205 on: May 20, 2021, 01:51:20 am »

So, I am in a bit of a pickle, and so obviously I've decided to ask my favorite bunch of internet randos for advice.

(Please do not quote, this post will likely be nuked.)

Remember the girl I mentioned who asked me on a date? Well we chatted a little and met up over facetime or discord a few times, but lately we've hardly been chatting and having set up a meeting in what seems like a month. She made it clear to a mutual friend that we're just "talking" instead of "dating" and we haven't been intimate at all. We of course hadn't agreed to be exclusive or boyfriend/girlfriend. To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm feeling it at the moment? I mean she seems like an interesting person, and she isn't unattractive, but I'm not sure if we fit together. I feel like maybe if I get to know her better maybe I'll feel more romance.

Now remember the girl I mentioned having a crush on before? Well, it seems she might have a renewed interest in me. We were gently flirting not too long ago (myself I was doing it just for fun), and she seemed to respond positively. So I pushed the flirting a bit more, and she still responded positively, perhaps flirted back. Then I made the flirting really obvious, and she flirted back. This was mainly over text by the way. Bit interesting. Bit confusing.

I wonder should I have flirted with this girl while I was "talking" with this other girl? I mean we haven't decided we were exclusive, we weren't meeting up or communicating for a while, and if she flirted with another boy I honestly wouldn't care myself. We were basically indistinguishable from two friends talking. But I'd like to hear your opinions.

Secondly, what should I do? The situation with the original girl I had a crush on is just complicated at this point. I don't know about delving into that mess. Were the recent chats even anything? Was it maybe just playful? Should I maybe schedule another date with the new girl and try to have some more conversation and continue that line of communication? I thought about breaking off with the new girl but I don't know if I should do it. It seems like I mesh together better with the first girl, and I don't think it's just a physical attraction thing. If the other girl looked like her I'd still think I like talking with the first girl more.

Thoughts?

Also AP tests are tiring.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 01:53:50 am by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157206 on: May 20, 2021, 03:25:01 am »

I'm no life coach but it really doesn't sound like you owe the person you're "just talking" with anything at all. If you're still in the indistinguishable-from-friendship stage, you're unlikely to really do something wrong.

It does sound like the thing you're hoping to be told to do is go for it with the person you're more interested in, which in this case means you probably should do that. Just be prepared for disappointment and try not to feel let down if it goes nowhere. Plenty of people flirt while having no intention of going further, it's an activity in itself.

I don't know anything about your life, so take the above with a massive pinch of salt. I'd advise you not to stop talking to either of them whatever happens, though.
One wheel short of a wagon

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157207 on: May 20, 2021, 03:35:50 am »

... Always with the "Girl/Boyfriend trouble" questions.

Questions I can never meaningfully answer!  BAH HUMBUG!

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #157208 on: May 20, 2021, 05:21:23 am »

About the "drifting apart" girl, is there any effort on her part to keep in touch with you or is it one sided? Personaly I wouldn't put too much faith in that "we are just talking, not dating" that she told your mutual friend. Firstly there are many reasons why one would choose to withhold such informations and secondly things like this can change rather quickly. Also I think it's equaly, if not more, important to question yourself, if *you* want to pursue a romantic relationship with said girl because if you don't feel like it, why bother?

As far as advice goes I'm with NJW2000, it's too early to commit that much in any of those girls so keep talking to both of them and let it play out.

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157209 on: May 20, 2021, 08:37:41 am »

YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157210 on: May 20, 2021, 09:02:10 am »

Those are words. I am fully capable of parsing it. I have the abstract syntax tree fully constructed and checked. It crashes with "?" as the only displayed error on interpretation. I... (confused noises).

That is a thing of... beauty. It's beyond comprehension. Why are Anne Frank and Goku sitting next to each other, both with clearly-visible "fuck me"-eyes? What does this mean? Why is a Holocaust victim staring longingly at an anime character? Isn't she 15, and Goku way more than that? What kinda crack ship is this? What kind of drugs did the maker of the video take?

This whole thing raises more questions than it answers. I'd look it up, but I fear that I'd get myself on a watchlist for even looking up such cursed things. Also, 426K views, now that's just icing on the cake. People watched this thing.

Edit: Also, the context isn't helping. I'm led to guess that the context is that bloop_bleep is actually a creepy old man, and he's dating 15-year-olds. That's just adding a whole new layer of WTF to that.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 09:13:31 am by methylatedspirit »

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157211 on: May 20, 2021, 09:25:38 am »

Edit: Also, the context isn't helping. I'm led to guess that the context is that bloop_bleep is actually a creepy old man, and he's dating 15-year-olds. That's just adding a whole new layer of WTF to that.

Nope. I found this on twitter, What's going on with bloop_bleep
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157212 on: May 20, 2021, 09:31:59 am »

Check the posts above you. It's the sudden crash between "bloop_bleep asks for relationship advice" and "Goku staring at 15-year-old with fuck-me eyes" that's messing with me. The crash implies context. What you've done there is unintentional Kuleshov effect. That is perfect cursed timing.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #157213 on: May 20, 2021, 10:00:22 am »

Oh Goku x Anne Frank.....
Doesn't it end with Goku fighting against Super Saiyan Adolf Hitler?
Classic weird fanfiction
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157214 on: May 20, 2021, 10:09:58 am »

The schadenfruede of Anne-Frank banging The Ubermensc does not occur to anyone?
Pages: 1 ... 10479 10480 [10481] 10482 10483 ... 10983