Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10509 10510 [10511] 10512 10513 ... 10981

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13152936 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #157650 on: June 25, 2021, 11:08:35 pm »

I may have....*sigh* fractured or broken a bone in my foot rolling my ankle to the inside. Spent a few hours afterward working a community food event and hobbling around but now that I'm home, my foot won't tolerate any weight pretty much whatsoever. Won't know until tomorrow when I go get an X-ray at urgent care what the actual damage is. But based on just breaking my motherfucking arm three months ago, I have less than 0 confidence it's not at least a fracture. I was damn near unable to walk at all barefoot once I got home and sat down for 20 minutes then tried to get up again. Wearing thick sandals is at least helping me hobble again. NGL, as I was sitting on my couch panting from hopping on one leg across my apartment, I had a little bit of panic set in. Thinking: how the fuck am I going to even get out to the parking lot hopping on one foot. If I was half was physically fit as I am now, I'd be in "call a friend to take you to the ER" territory. It's not bad enough that it can't wait until morning. Just wish the urgent care literally 5 mins from me was open so I could go to bed tonight knowing what I'm dealing with.

Starting to wish for a padded cell to save me from my own clumsiness. I'm getting too fucking old for this shit! Am I cursed? Am I raking in tons of accumulated bad karma? Am I just a dumbass? I dunno, but I want to stop being hurt please!

(If anyone remembers my story about how I broke my arm.....wait for it......I rolled my ankle while while stepping down off a ledge and making eye contact with the same chick that was present when I broke my arm. How is that for irony/spookies.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157651 on: June 26, 2021, 01:54:05 am »

Probably just not watching enough what you do, the annoying thing about life is one has to be attentive every waking second  :P.
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #157652 on: June 26, 2021, 07:12:44 am »

You don't have to be, it's just not doing it sometimes has things go wrong :P

The annoying thing about life is actually that sometimes even if you are attentive every waking second you still break a toe or whatever occasionally. Shitty human construction is shitty, bleh. No amount of attentiveness is going to help if your leg decides to give out on you or an earthquake knocks something over on you or whatev', y'know?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157653 on: June 26, 2021, 07:29:17 am »

I mean you're putting me into a position here where I have to unfairly assert that being surprised by an eathquake goes just as well under lack of attention. Grow a sixth sense for fucks sake.
let

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #157654 on: June 27, 2021, 01:10:52 am »

Guess I lucked out. No fractures or breaks on my x-rays. There wasn't much to talk about other than "Might be ligaments and tendons but you'd need an MRI to tell that." Instead, the radiologist pointed out several interesting morphological features of my foot, like having the "royal toe" where the toe next to the big toe is actually longer than it. And something called a Freiberg's Infraction. Apparently it's a rare disease that causes a section of bone in the foot to die prematurely. Happened sometime back in my mid 20s I guess. Causes joint pain and swelling sometimes. Can't say as I've noticed. And apparently the bones of my big toe arc away from the foot before coming back in.

TIL, I guess. My pain is down about 50% already so I think I'll be walking normally in a week or two. Was in quite a bit of pain last night so I was pretty concerned tbh, but the x-rays have put me at ease.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 02:16:19 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157655 on: June 27, 2021, 02:46:27 pm »

It only just occurred to me that in Stardew Valley, the soldier's wife's name is "Jodi".

As in... Jody.

Sure, Jodies are the guys banging the wives, but the adjacency struck me.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #157656 on: June 27, 2021, 04:19:03 pm »

lol

Military culture and cheating is definitely one of the most insecure pieces of life nobody really talks about
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #157658 on: June 29, 2021, 07:56:44 pm »

one of them never recovered from the mental stress they experienced and had to be committed to mental hospital which would eventually be shut down in response to the horror stories that began to leak from escapees and journalists who got a peek inside. But overall, I didn’t expect it to end as well as it did

Sounds to me that one brought something bad back and it came to haunt the asylum

Given the time period the asylum would have been worse than anything that a patient could have brought with them. Old mental hospitals were very bad places to be.

I thought it was all in the past, but some admittedly isolated institutions do really bonkers stuff. I mean check this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Rotenberg_Educational_Center

Damn, I had thought we had gotten rid of all that shit.  And it looks like they're basically invincible.
...I guess there will always be a market for places to just dump people like garbage.  Honestly, I'm so cynical that I figure even if someone were able to destroy that hellhole, the survivors would just rebuild it.

I'd advise infiltration, identification of the key players, sidelining or destroying those key individuals via outside forces, then have the infiltrators split the organization.

Also, create an alternative organization willing to put up zero rejection rate, with a pure profit motive.  Replace the torture chamber with a conventional prison, then get legislation passed so it can never be created so bad.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #157659 on: June 30, 2021, 02:17:09 pm »

Bill Cosby is walking free after his conviction got overturned on appeal due to a non-prosecution deal made in 2005
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" just now o_O
« Reply #157660 on: June 30, 2021, 02:36:42 pm »

Umm... Q?

*X-Files theme plays*
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157661 on: June 30, 2021, 02:38:41 pm »

heh he clicked on me
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157662 on: June 30, 2021, 03:11:29 pm »

Bill Cosby is walking free after his conviction got overturned on appeal due to a non-prosecution deal made in 2005

Parents and younger sister are apparently cheering over this right now in the next room.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157663 on: June 30, 2021, 03:24:28 pm »

Parents and younger sister are apparently cheering over this right now in the next room.

I have to admit I'm not that familiar with his case. Was the evidence hard, or just overwhelming amounts of circumstantial? Naturally the internet has, shall we say, a wide range of opinions.

I feel kinda bad, I think I've asked this before on this forum.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #157664 on: June 30, 2021, 03:25:36 pm »

Does this justice taste funny to you?
Pages: 1 ... 10509 10510 [10511] 10512 10513 ... 10981