Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10520 10521 [10522] 10523 10524 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13182690 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #157815 on: July 16, 2021, 06:54:27 pm »

classified British Army documents
Aren't the devs behind War Thunder from Russia?

The best way to fix game balance is to threaten national security, sounds reasonable

I believe they are. This is one of the reasons the Ministry of Defense is not pleased.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #157816 on: July 16, 2021, 07:45:08 pm »

I believe they are. This is one of the reasons the Ministry of Defense is not pleased.
And after all of that the devs said they won't use the files(cause they legally can't, but also because they are cowards.)
In a time before time, I had a name.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157817 on: July 16, 2021, 07:49:34 pm »

Surely they can sell them in the black market or to their own government.

However which are the chances of a tank confrontation between UK and Russia?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #157818 on: July 16, 2021, 08:50:05 pm »

Directly? Low. A tank conflict between the UK and somebody that found a bunch of Russian weapons and "advisors" under a flat rock somehow? Not all that unlikely.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157820 on: July 16, 2021, 09:52:15 pm »

I have to defend my computer from MBTs all the time, don't you?
links like this are one of the reasons I love this forum. I feel bad for leaving for so long

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157821 on: July 17, 2021, 01:17:21 am »

links like this are one of the reasons I love this forum. I feel bad for leaving for so long

It's perfectly alright and healthy to take a break! We're just happy to have you back again

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #157822 on: July 17, 2021, 07:07:08 am »

So, in my Rebel Gunners mod for Kenshi, I decided that the United Cities and The Holy Nation would probably outlaw guns in their nations.  Couldn't figure out how to do it, so I made ammo illegal instead.

So my Kenshi mod has gone political.  I set up a Gunshop next to Fort Simion, which is North of most of the United Empire cities.  Tempted give the Rebel Farmers an ally: The Northern Rebel Alliance.  But...that might just be going too far.  :P

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #157823 on: July 17, 2021, 07:40:26 am »

I had somehow missed that duke ellington covered (parts of?) the nutcracker suite. Tchaikovsky on sax, yo'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #157824 on: July 17, 2021, 01:52:03 pm »

Aren't the devs behind War Thunder from Russia?

The best way to fix game balance is to threaten national security, sounds reasonable
That's an epic gamer moment

It's a shame too, I rely on the Challenger 2 to survive shopping trips to Tescos. Guess I'll just manually fortify my trolley

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157825 on: July 18, 2021, 11:50:50 am »

After killing my first Raspberry Pi by way of phone charger, I got a new one. This one, I'm gonna be really cautious with it. Anyway:

I installed a Windows 10 theme onto it and it messed with me in weird ways. I looked at the taskbar, and I stopped being able to figure out which "mode" to operate in. My eyes see "Windows", the brain thinks "Windows", but the actual behavior says "Linux". It's like motion sickness in computing form.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #157826 on: July 18, 2021, 01:11:52 pm »

So a while back I ordered 4 books from bookdepository, fairly good site for that sort of thing, especially since we have like, 1 proper bookstore in town, and it has shit I don't care for.
Anyways, because of the way they work, the books don't get shipped together necessarily, but whenever they're available. In this case, 2 books got shipped, then the other 2 a few days later. When they arrived, they were all kinda bound together with plastic tape so they're easier to ship or something. But there was only 3 books there :V

This is kinda similar to a situation last year where I ordered 2 graphic novel things (first two books from the Sandman series), and they shipped together, but only the second one ever arrived :V

Generally, they're good with refunding for shit like this, but it's really fucking strange that the most unreliable online retailer to date is a book store based in the UK (and in general, I've lost more things shipped from the UK than from any other country so far), and these books are packed nicely, you can't really tell what they are unless you tear open the little shipping box thing. So who the hell is stealing/misplacing my goddamn books >:V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #157828 on: July 19, 2021, 08:09:31 pm »

Goddamn westerns. "I have washed my hair twice and clothes three times, waiting for you." Broken Arrow, about a hour in, counting commercials. This b-movie shitlist tier acting, bloody hell.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157829 on: July 19, 2021, 11:04:17 pm »

I got into watching "Not Just Bikes" on Youtube, about the morass of car-dependent, ugly Suburban Sprawl that North America has willingly choked itself into, compared against the nigh-utopia that is walkable, comfortable, beautiful urban areas that seems to be many places in Europe, especially the Netherlands.

It's just such a world of difference, almost all of America is built in such a way as to be hostile to pedestrians, and I could never really articulate the feeling before despite having lived here my whole life, just because I never moved outside of the US and really never had anything to compare it to, and Not Just Bikes finally opened my eyes on the subject.

I live in a city that has the vestiges of walkability, but isn't really walkable. There's sidewalks, but frequently completely unmaintained sidewalks that are crooked, cracked, and upturned such that trying to ride a bike is hindered by having to endure millions of small speedbumps. There's nice paths, but those aren't meant to actually take you anywhere, they're just scenic nature trails. There's lots of places without sidewalks at all. Trying to get anywhere on foot or bike is nigh-impossible, if not because there isn't a viable path to it, then because it's simply so far away. American design has, like every other resource at its disposal, misused and abused the large amount of space available to it to turn it into a wasteful, unwalkable, suburban hellscape. And of course, trying to change that would be nigh-impossible because Americans have a neurotic fixation on retaining their terrible lifestyles no matter what, and will combat everything and anything that tries to lift them out of their squalor.

I'm just really envious of Not Just Bikes, getting to be intelligent and worldly, and travel and learn about the world, before settling in Amsterdam, which seems like a paradise compared to basically anywhere in the US.
Pages: 1 ... 10520 10521 [10522] 10523 10524 ... 10983