Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10535 10536 [10537] 10538 10539 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13000791 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #158040 on: August 10, 2021, 06:14:11 pm »

Tell us how. We must disable the updates. For the sake of my sanity
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158041 on: August 10, 2021, 07:49:43 pm »

It feels like my stomach has shrunk. Nowadays I just can't eat that much without feeling bloated-levels of fullness for the entire day.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158042 on: August 10, 2021, 09:42:08 pm »

If they make the vehicles disappear and do not tell the owner, should it not be considered a theft? That is, the tow company or police, whoever gave the order to tow the legally parked vehice, stole it and should not only be accountable for wherever it ends up, but also get in trouble for stealing it in the first place.

Of course, the moment the owner finds out it is missing, they should report it as stolen.

They should report to the police that their vehicle was stolen by the police. At best that's going to get you told to f- off. They're already ignoring the law with impunity. Making them upset with you isn't going to make that better.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158043 on: August 11, 2021, 01:08:34 am »

The "You cant prove it was us!" aspect is the main theme.

The people in Philly need to do what the Russians do, and install redundant dash/vehicle cameras. Preferably with GPS, and cloud based video storage. (so it can be accessed even after the car is impounded.)

Then you can see who the tow company is (the dashcam will record the tow truck in front of the vehicle, towing it), the people involved in parking it at the illegal destination, the police officer(s) involved in the ticketing process, and who is smashing windows.

It would be a game changer on accountability in this mess, since it is clearly a racketeering job.

You haven't seen a cop around a recording device before, have you? They know better than to allow evidence to exist.

Important adjective is important. Emphasis added to draw attention.

Additionally, important caveat is important. Emphasis added to draw attention.

Redundant hidden cameras, and a storage device that cannot be confiscated.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158044 on: August 11, 2021, 06:57:17 am »

If they make the vehicles disappear and do not tell the owner, should it not be considered a theft? That is, the tow company or police, whoever gave the order to tow the legally parked vehice, stole it and should not only be accountable for wherever it ends up, but also get in trouble for stealing it in the first place.

Of course, the moment the owner finds out it is missing, they should report it as stolen.

They should report to the police that their vehicle was stolen by the police. At best that's going to get you told to f- off. They're already ignoring the law with impunity. Making them upset with you isn't going to make that better.
Obviously going to a police department and saying:"You stole my car!" would be kind of stupid.
What I was thinking is more of immediately calling the police and saying: "My car was at XXX and now it is missing. I would like to report it as stolen."

But you should record the phone call.
Either they take responsibility for it, or they do not, and log the car as stolen.
If they say it was them and that it is your fault, you can sue them.
If they log the car as stolen, then until it is found you logically should not be accountable for where it is parked.

But wierd's solution is better, as you should be able to sue them right away, as you immediately have proof.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158045 on: August 11, 2021, 12:59:01 pm »

My work laptop is in the process of bricking. Lovely.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158046 on: August 11, 2021, 01:40:37 pm »

Well, untape the bricks, then!

... is it at least your job's laptop, so they'd be on the hook for replacement, or...?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158047 on: August 11, 2021, 01:41:31 pm »

Yeah, they'll fix it/replace it, but I'll be out of work for a day or two -.-

Also I was luckily able to get it ot boot for what is likely the last time and get personal stuff off it. So that's a relief.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158048 on: August 11, 2021, 01:52:40 pm »

But wierd's solution is better, as you should be able to sue them right away, as you immediately have proof.

Depending on the jurisdiction. It's not uncommon for governements (states, cities) to have laws that say they can refuse to be sued. They run the courts, so...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #158049 on: August 11, 2021, 02:00:21 pm »

It's kind of uncommon.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #158050 on: August 11, 2021, 03:49:58 pm »

Tooth dust tastes like corn chips gone horribly wrong.

(Had my tooth shaved down to put in a temporary crown.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158051 on: August 11, 2021, 05:53:17 pm »

What do you mean by crown? Also does tooth dust taste anything like plaque or is that different?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #158052 on: August 11, 2021, 05:59:00 pm »

Crown would refer to the crown of the tooth, the part of the molar that forms the grinding surface. Plaque is bacterial mats growing on bits of food stuck to your teeth, and no, it doesn't taste like bits of ground up tooth

I've got aluminum caps on two of my molars on opposite sides. It hurts to put metal silverware in my mouth, if they contact my teeth I experience an electrical tingling irritation and deep jaw ache for several minutes. Brush your teeth kids.

[Edit]
After making this post I have become distinctly aware of the taste and texture and sensations I can feel through my molar caps. I'm breathing manually now and my tongue cannot rest comfortably and I hate it.

You know how in comics/television people bite gold coins to see if they're real? Those always make me scream internally. They're my own pet peeve/cursed image.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 06:07:39 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #158053 on: August 11, 2021, 07:59:41 pm »

Corn kernels are just plant teeth.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158054 on: August 13, 2021, 07:38:38 pm »

I'm just utterly WTF'ing at the extremely uncharacteristic triggering content in the latest chapters of my favorite manga: Baki

Spoiler: Triggering content (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 07:40:24 pm by JoshuaFH »
Pages: 1 ... 10535 10536 [10537] 10538 10539 ... 10974