Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10536 10537 [10538] 10539 10540 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13175778 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #158055 on: August 13, 2021, 09:05:15 pm »

Not like it's near the worst the blighter's done, iirc, but still. Sudden illustrated noncon muscle yaoi was probably a bit of a surprise.

... in other wtfs, it's kinda' remarkable how bad the earlier john wayne parts are, both on his side and everything else. B-western is a remarkably apt description for that stuff, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158056 on: August 14, 2021, 05:39:33 am »

https://kotaku.com/id-have-these-extremely-graphic-dreams-what-its-like-t-1834611691
'I'd Have These Extremely Graphic Dreams': What It's Like To Work On Ultra-Violent Games Like Mortal Kombat 11

Surprising to find out. I guess I assumed people would just fictionalize the gore rather than look at real life stuff for reference. This 2019 news article gave me some good insight about the work of artists.
There was also no formal process, standard procedure, or guidance available from the start for anyone who might need to step back from the violent content, or felt that their work was starting to negatively affect them, according to this developer. All the developer remembers getting was a verbal heads-up during the hiring process, when the interviewer noted that since they were working on a Mortal Kombat game, the work could be “a little violent.”
Looks like having safety measures is key if people are being exposed to documented trauma.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #158057 on: August 14, 2021, 01:33:02 pm »

Happens to journalists and medical workers too. There's very little studies on the effect of exposure to disturbing sights, but what stuff I've read suggests that it may not be the extremeness of the sights witnessed, but rather the frequency with which such imagery is seen which burdens the viewer the most

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158058 on: August 14, 2021, 10:08:29 pm »

babby froog, babby froog,
babby froog getting eaten by beeg froog
whoops, cannibalism~
Ask not!
Ask!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #158059 on: August 15, 2021, 03:24:15 pm »

Aphantasia makes me go AAAAAAAAAAAHHH, the frame of reference is just so split from my own that it makes me so intrigued! I've had similar discussions with my sister where she explained her difficulty picturing details from a book, and genuinely didn't get the idea that there'd always be something running in my imagination - whether imagery or monologue

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #158060 on: August 15, 2021, 08:31:49 pm »

It's really strange for me because I don't have aphantasia, but my visualization skills are notably poor. This wouldn't be so weird if it wasn't for the fact that I spent basically my entire childhood visualizing my stories in movie form in my head as a hobby, so you'd think I'd be really good at it by now. It's almost as if I had aphantasia but my brain circumvented it unintentionally.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158061 on: August 15, 2021, 09:07:54 pm »

I don't think its something I have, I will say though with books characters will often be replaced by other visuals or characters in the "mind's theatre" so to speak, irregardless of exactly how the author actually described how the character looks.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158062 on: August 15, 2021, 10:33:08 pm »

... I don't visualize character appearance when reading basically at all, for what it's worth. If I stop and try I can sorta' recognize, like, yes they're talking about hair color or whatever*, but mostly it just isn't something my brain does. It's also something I see actually matter for a story only staggeringly rarely, which is probably part of it.

Understanding exactly how other people interpret things like visualization is difficult to begin with, though. I think I can visualize? I can translate a thought into a picture description or somethin'. I'm not, like, actually seeing anything, especially not anything even remotely as vivid as a dream, though.

*... probably not much anything else about them, though. Written characters might as well not have faces for me, heh.
Ask not!
Ask!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158063 on: August 16, 2021, 02:12:46 am »

With visualisation, it is strange. I can project an image, but it falls apart if I do not focus on it.
It is not in the regular visual space though. It is almost as if it was in front of a second pair of eyes, which are otherwise do not exist.

I can overlay it over what I am seeing with my real eyes, but that is done by basicaly putting it into the same spot of the virtual eyes' visual area as where I want it overlayed in real eyes' visual area.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158064 on: August 16, 2021, 03:54:23 am »

Visualization is incredibly difficult for me. I can usually piece together enough of an image if I focus strongly on it, but it's rarely put together the way I want it to be.

Nowadays I'm having more issues with just not getting a complete picture; like the edges are burned away and there are holes in it. Back when I was younger, I could get fairly vivid images—just never what I wanted them to be.

Like, trying to imagine a countryside landscape would work, partially, but my mind would slap a giant red octopus on top of it like it was sitting on a polaroid. And any time I "thought away" said octopus, it'd just come back. Eventually, after fighting with myself for long enough, I'd give up.

But as far as thoughts go and internal narration/imagined conversations, that's a constant, unending chatter.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158065 on: August 16, 2021, 10:41:07 am »

Like, trying to imagine a countryside landscape would work, partially, but my mind would slap a giant red octopus on top of it like it was sitting on a polaroid. And any time I "thought away" said octopus, it'd just come back. Eventually, after fighting with myself for long enough, I'd give up.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158066 on: August 16, 2021, 07:50:58 pm »

https://dogemongo.com/

Spoiler: Pic (click to show/hide)

I guess there is real money in the hype - cuz that's liquid meme
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158067 on: August 16, 2021, 07:53:51 pm »

https://dogemongo.com/

Spoiler: Pic (click to show/hide)

I guess there is real money in the hype - cuz that's liquid meme
i’m not sure whether the dogecoin in the app is real cryptocurrency or just for the app

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158068 on: August 16, 2021, 07:55:08 pm »

I read an article.  You buy offbrand pokeballs with crypto and then trade the mons for 'dogecredit' which can be turned back into dogecoin.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158069 on: August 16, 2021, 07:59:59 pm »

I read an article.  You buy offbrand pokeballs with crypto and then trade the mons for 'dogecredit' which can be turned back into dogecoin.
sounds more convoluted than mining directly, then again I’m not a miner so I don’t know
Pages: 1 ... 10536 10537 [10538] 10539 10540 ... 10983