Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10540 10541 [10542] 10543 10544 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13004903 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #158115 on: August 24, 2021, 09:27:05 am »

ahahah what a story mark
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #158116 on: August 24, 2021, 10:42:44 am »

Weirdly satisfying, isn't it? I've read that some people (usually youths) would emulate that by putting kids' glue on their hands and peeling it away after it dries. I'd rather just have a fidget toy, myself, but as a self-targeted fidget, it seems harmless.
it is, I don’t know why though
You could say that it has some ... appeal

*runs away*
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158117 on: August 24, 2021, 12:23:34 pm »

Relax kids.  you were okay when people were talking about professional lube.  Somebody mentions improvising 15 years ago and you get the willies?
”Please refrain from sharing your sex life.” is an explicit part of the rule, which I imagine applies to the past as well.

I don't know why this made me laugh so hard just now but it did.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158118 on: August 24, 2021, 03:13:18 pm »

Relax kids.  you were okay when people were talking about professional lube.  Somebody mentions improvising 15 years ago and you get the willies?
”Please refrain from sharing your sex life.” is an explicit part of the rule, which I imagine applies to the past as well.

"How is your sex life?"

"A fucking joke."

Ah, I should probably put that in the terrible joke thread.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158119 on: August 24, 2021, 03:15:18 pm »

"How is your sex life?"

"A fucking joke."

Ah, I should probably put that in the terrible best jokes ever joke thread.

FTFY
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158120 on: August 24, 2021, 09:20:29 pm »

In high school I used to use berries and melons to flavor various body parts.  Not surprised professional lube also caught that.

Visiting this forum was a mistake

You're scaring the new padawans, pk. Put that away. Yes, the melon too.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 09:29:53 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158121 on: August 25, 2021, 10:53:38 am »

With it being election season here, I'm finally doing a bit of my duty and reading up about the various political parties and their viewpoints.

Came across one I hadn't heard of before, which does make a bit of sense considering they only formally established themselves less than a year ago. Going through their docket, I saw some promising fluff: Decriminalization/drug reform, plan for eliminating dependency on fossil fuels, combating racism both overt and institutionalized, heavy investment in mental health services, plans for improving asylum and integration processes, increasing refugee quotas etc...

Curious, I looked into the heads of the party. And, ah...

The main man was the defense lawyer during the trial of Norway's worst domestic terrorist.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158122 on: August 25, 2021, 10:58:02 am »

Oh, perhaps he turned over a new leaf? What’s the party called?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158123 on: August 25, 2021, 11:12:10 am »

Oh, perhaps he turned over a new leaf? What’s the party called?

Partiet Sentrum, "Party the Center". Despite having a lot of talking points that are considered leftist in the political arena today, and also definitely not to be confused with Senterpartiet, "The Center Party".

My guess is that, maybe, coming face-to-face with radically harmful right-wing extremism like that may have inspired him to try and make a positive difference. Several of the items mentioned seem directly relevant.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158124 on: August 25, 2021, 11:20:26 am »

I could see how somebody extremly principled doesn't shy away from any case.

That being said the parties sound kinda whack; judean people's front // people front of judea.
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158125 on: August 25, 2021, 11:46:33 am »

That being said the parties sound kinda whack; judean people's front // people front of judea.

Oh god, that's Scandinavia in a nutshell... Hello, yes, we're the Communist party, Red. No, not "The Communist Party" which is red, those guys are just weird. And this is my friend from the Christian People's Party. ...no no, not the People's Party the Christians, that's a completely different matter. Those people over there are from the Progressive Party, which is the country's leading far-right conservative group. They used to be allied with Left, along with Right, but they left Left because Right wasn't right for them. Off in the back you'll see The Alliance. They're on their own because nobody wants to work with them.

And don't even ask how many versions of "Democrat" the Swedes have...

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158126 on: August 25, 2021, 11:57:03 am »

I got a call from a friend who had a problem. He installed a Wi-Fi printer, but did not know how to write a document to print with it.

So I told him how to find Notepad. But if he was able to install the printer, I do not get how he did not know any program to write text with.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158128 on: August 25, 2021, 01:11:05 pm »

Now presenting:  Rocks, glued hastily to a canvas thusly fastened to a wall
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #158129 on: August 25, 2021, 01:28:32 pm »

The Wikipedia article on the guy who was Breivik’s defense attorney (Geir Lippestad) doesn’t make it too clear whether he had a choice in the matter, at least without knowing anything about Norwegian legal procedures. He was specifically requested by Breivik, but had his own law firm. Maybe the principles of his law firm included one to never deny a request? Either way, by the same article he wasn’t too plussed about it, telling Le Monde "I feel I have lost my soul in this case [...] I hope to get it back once it's over – and that it will be in the same condition as before.".
Pages: 1 ... 10540 10541 [10542] 10543 10544 ... 10974