Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10543 10544 [10545] 10546 10547 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13182765 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #158160 on: August 28, 2021, 07:12:25 pm »

lol. Your country needs your expertise.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158161 on: August 28, 2021, 07:43:20 pm »

My mother is trying to get me to use my remaining vacation time this Thanksgiving to go visit my brother. Which I really don't want to do. Last I heard he's a right-winger, possibly a Trumpist, definitely anti-vax/anti-mask.

Also, he lives in Florida. That's a reason.

And then there's the fact that my job probably won't let me use that week for vacations, since enough people almost certainly have already booked that week that they won't be able to spare anyone else.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158162 on: August 28, 2021, 07:57:51 pm »

Also, he lives in Florida. That's a reason.
stay away

don't come

it sucks down here

november still isn't cold enough

the bugs are still awake

also maybe hurricanes

just stay away

sincerely,
resident of the hellswamp
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158163 on: August 28, 2021, 08:10:18 pm »

hurricanes are the real reason id live anywhere else.

how south cali?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158164 on: August 28, 2021, 08:18:51 pm »

You're in Michigan?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158165 on: August 28, 2021, 08:21:30 pm »

hurricanes are the real reason id live anywhere else.

how south cali?
better in most ways, from what I understand... except the cost of living i guess

also, uh, earthquakes i think and their forestry management is somehow dumber than a sack of bricks so it's basically on fire a good chunk of the year these days or something

probably still better than florida, but bamboo splinters jammed under your nails are probably better than florida so *shrugs*

You're in Michigan?
michigan's a hellbog at worst, which makes it a notable improvement over florida 'cause sometimes it actually cools off
Ask not!
Ask!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158166 on: August 28, 2021, 09:00:18 pm »

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158167 on: August 28, 2021, 09:04:30 pm »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158168 on: August 28, 2021, 09:38:51 pm »

You're in Michigan?
michigan's a hellbog at worst, which makes it a notable improvement over florida 'cause sometimes it actually cools off

Depending on the year, and depending on whether a Polar Vortex is paying a visit to fucking clobber us, Michigan can definitely be much colder than warmer.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #158169 on: August 28, 2021, 10:13:28 pm »

November isn't cold enough? And here in Russia, Novermber is pretty much a winter month with extra steps. At least where I live, there is often snow everywhere by late October.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #158170 on: August 29, 2021, 12:11:47 am »

also, uh, earthquakes i think and their forestry management is somehow dumber than a sack of bricks so it's basically on fire a good chunk of the year these days or something
Nah, "its the forest management" is fox news's talking point they use to pretend that the fires are all the fault of dumb democrats so there should be no federal aid for California wildfires and so that they can pretend climate change doesn't exist.

The actual primary cause of the massive fires in California (and Montana, and Australia and Greece, and Canada and Siberia and......) over the last few years is extreme heat and drought caused by global warming.

I'm pretty sure that the fires are going to get *much* worse over the coming few decades, although its not like the rest of the US/World is going to avoid the other problems (eg. superstorms, massive floods, and extreme lethal heat waves) so its not like there is really anywhere to run.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158171 on: August 29, 2021, 12:20:10 am »

There's a chance it gets better, if y'know, we run outta trees to burn...
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158172 on: August 29, 2021, 12:27:41 am »

I'unno, what I've picked up from fox hostile sources was that while the drought et al isn't exactly helping, cali (among a number of other places, sure) forest management has in fact been a clusterfuck for a long while now, in ways that specifically encourage massive wildfires.

The drought and heat being less the major contributing factor and more the trigger for decades of screwing up to come home to roost -- lot of NIMBY horseshit causing insufficient controlled burnings and problems with that whole "fire response was heavily reliant on basically fucking penal slavery" thing, among other stuff.

GOP's no doubt trying to play stupid games chock full of bullshit to fuck people over, 'cause that's basically all they do anymore, but problems with fire control out west actually seem to exist.
Ask not!
Ask!

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #158173 on: August 29, 2021, 01:28:08 am »

The actual primary cause of the massive fires in California (and Montana, and Australia and Greece, and Canada and Siberia and......) over the last few years is extreme heat and drought caused by global warming.
(at least in australia they were worsened by the government, influenced by the environmental lobby, not letting landowners cut down certain trees, the cutting-down of which would have made the fires spread much less)
(your point’s right in the main, though, I just like to throw my two cents at whoever’ll take ‘em)
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158174 on: August 29, 2021, 01:59:54 am »

According to an article I read a while back homeless people were starting a lot of the big fires in California.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 10543 10544 [10545] 10546 10547 ... 10983