Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10550 10551 [10552] 10553 10554 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13189552 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #158267 on: September 12, 2021, 02:25:16 am »

There have been loads of wasps here, and for some reason the really like the tail lights of my car, poked that thing and about eleven came flying out of there.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158268 on: September 12, 2021, 05:11:46 am »

Today, while picking up apples, I kept a lookout for wasps.

I saw 2.
However, they were about 2/3 as long as they should be. I was able to tell from their shape and coloring that they were Vespula Germanica or Vespula Vulgaris (yellowjacket either way).
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #158269 on: September 12, 2021, 01:50:16 pm »

The California wildfires seem to have been started by a sociology professor specializing in criminal justice, cults and deviant behavior.

Guy was a part time lecturer filling in for a contractor on leave at one university, adjunct faculty in the second, had a tracking device placed on his car (what the fuck), is alleged to have set fires near to the Dixie fire (but not the progenitor of), but is actually being charged specifically for the Ranch/River fire. He's suspected involved with the Cascade fire (which was 100-200 sqft, or about the size of a shed, which is still an awful thing to find in a national forest) because his car was caught in a ditch nearby and didn't comply with forest service's questionings. This being back in July 2020 2021, approximately when tracking and investigation started.

Also, because he was uncooperative and angry and maybe had a large knife according to a witness. And also because he appeared mentally unstable(alleging anxiety, depression, split personality, and suicidal tendencies) and was suspected of living out of his car since October 2020 (according to a colleague, also I'd imagine things were difficult for educators with the pandemic at this time), which lead to tracking his EBT exchanges, phone records, store video recordings, the car tracker (NPR indicated 260 miles of travel in a week), the lattermost of which placed his car near the Conard fire. The order for detainment came only on Tuesday the 7th, or five days ago, with the judge voicing mental health concerns (took until now to do something about mental health concerns?), and the Ranch fire having been started back in August.

Here's the NBC article, if you'd like another source, or NPR.

So no, the wildfires plural were not started by this guy, nor was the massive Dixie fire set by this guy. He's accused of starting the Ranch fire and might be connected to the Conard fire. Yes he's a sociology/criminology professor or lecturer, no fuckin' clue where any of this about cults or deviant behavior (NPR clarifies they got this from the Sonoma State University faculty bio) came from.

That's half an hour I won't get back to disentangle that headline, thanks. The NPR article must more clearly elaborates on the timeline and potential other fires, according to the affidavit.

Edit the millionth: I guess, if I had to boil all this down,it's the I have no idea what it being a sociology professor has to do with anything and the NPR article is much better than the Sacramento Bee one, and that the guy's potential underlying mental health problems were probably exacerbated by the pandemic.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 02:28:43 pm by None »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158270 on: September 12, 2021, 02:39:30 pm »

I'm concerned that there's four or five forest fires the guy could be confused with starting.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158271 on: September 12, 2021, 04:23:28 pm »

I saw a car (new model Chevy Corvette) yesterday with the license place GLBLWMR.

::)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158272 on: September 12, 2021, 04:29:05 pm »

I saw a car (new model Chevy Corvette) yesterday with the license place GLBLWMR.

::)
this person at least knows what their car does

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #158273 on: September 12, 2021, 04:29:34 pm »

Good Luck Black Lives Water Magic Reduction
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158274 on: September 12, 2021, 04:39:37 pm »

I suppose it could be something else, I thought it was code for GLoBaLWarMeR

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158275 on: September 12, 2021, 04:51:19 pm »

Oh dang I think you're right, thanks for sharing that guess because I was at a total loss.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #158276 on: September 12, 2021, 04:52:54 pm »

The current Corvette may be the last one to use a gasoline engine. This isn't fully decided yet. The electric Corvette is coming, but the huge popularity of the electric Mustang may well convince GM to kill off the non-electric model entirely. A lot of petrolheads are really salty about that.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158277 on: September 12, 2021, 04:59:34 pm »

Not yet.  EV isnt that feasible everywhere.  imo.

But the scare will help the company.  imo
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #158278 on: September 12, 2021, 05:05:46 pm »

Sports cars are not about "feasible". They exist for teenage boys to dream about and middle-aged men to buy in a vain attempt to feel young again. The practical issues of EVs don't really matter for an inherently impractical car.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #158279 on: September 12, 2021, 05:05:57 pm »

Oh dang I think you're right, thanks for sharing that guess because I was at a total loss.

Same, completely over my head...
Pages: 1 ... 10550 10551 [10552] 10553 10554 ... 10983